Users who are viewing this thread

Then read at least the thread title. Jesus...
He did. He is referring to people who apparently used cheats/trainers/exploits to use autoblock in multiplayer matches which should have been manual only. The autoblock behavior was built into the game client and assholes apparently figured out how to turn it on when and where it should not have been allowed. This is the only reasonable explanation I have heard as to why autoblock may have been removed entirely.

Still, after Fifteen ****ing years and hundreds of dollars, Taleworlds should have the courtesy to spare me (and us) a one sentence explanation.

I'm sure we can have both autoblock in singleplayer and a way to stop exploits.
Yes, assuming they wanted to fix the underlying issues with their game code which would have allowed this in the first place or build sophisticated cheat detection. But TW is not Electronic Arts, and they probably didn't have the time, resources, or inclination to do so.

I'm not defending them, mind you. I think this is ridiculous and have refunded until one of them has the courtesy to address the ****ing elephant in the room.

He did. He is referring to people who apparently used cheats/trainers/exploits to use autoblock in multiplayer matches which should have been manual only. The autoblock behavior was built into the game client and assholes apparently figured out how to turn it on when and where it should not have been allowed. This is the only reasonable explanation I have heard as to why autoblock may have been removed entirely.

Still, after Fifteen ****ing years and hundreds of dollars, Taleworlds should have the courtesy to spare me (and us) a one sentence explanation.

so because people break laws we should not have them. Roger that.

so because people break laws we should not have them. Roger that.
Yes, best guess is they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater to deal with a multiplayer exploit which targets issues with how they implemented auto block in the first place.

But again -- major feature gone overnight with no explanation. Explanation is owed.

reality it's better to auto block, because it's simple don't make sence when not autoblock, you try to block with control key or mouse, but it's not work way or computer don't do way you want them do in your head, enemies try to strike you overhead, you come to mind block overhead, but end up block other way, and got hit, in real life, people will autoblock where they see coming easy and no need to control because body is reaction to that incoming auto, no auto block is not so real. Auto block is real, because it's part of human reaction auto block when human saw something income or got out of way, but in this game try to control block is like losing control block, I guess there is no auto restroom and eating, maybe we need to manuel eating and go restroom manuel when playing game, and that is not fun at all. Sometime auto is more fun than manuel, and easier, due with all control with keyborad, mouse or joystick cause trouble, health issues, disability, ect.

PS life is sometime funny, try to control only you lost control and know you are not in control when try to control it. Sometime it's best auto to make life easier.

You can't expect to build some reflexes in 3 hours though, keep at it! @Smock

I actually continued for another hour or so after that but reached the point where I was ready to hurl the computer out the window.

Game tutorials should get you familiar and good enough with the game so you can develop yourself playing the rest of the game. You shouldn't still be trying to get to grips with a game mechanic after 5 hours (especially when the rest of the game is fine) to the point you want to smash **** up.

I've given up trying and just avoid all situations where I need to do any hand-to-hand combat. Frankly I don't want to waste any more time on it and am trying to enjoy the rest of the game.

Even the suggestion of using a sword and shield is no good for me - I block until I can time a swing so I don't get hit myself, but they block 80% of those hits, and eventually just break my shield. This just should not be this difficult!! (especially playing on the easiest settings!!)

Perhaps they should allow auto-direction-block on the easiest setting?
(I'm not going to call it auto-block anymore as that doesn't really describe it properly)

I honestly have reached the point where I regret purchasing it upon release. This is such a major thing that makes the game really difficult for me now. It's a shame as I've sunk so many countless hours into the first two releases. I don't feel I can recommend it to anyone except for the hardcore dark souls type players that get off on the difficulty.

It's pretty simple: it's a feature lots of players want, it was a feature on the other games, you don't like it you can turn it off.
The problem with cheating in MP is a whole different issue and single players shouldn't be penalized for it. It's not a matter of "git gud!" for some players who are disabled or who love the game and bought it because they want a better and improved version of the original not something with a different take on the combat.

I just don't see how they couldn't have had it in the SP by itself, and make it so it wasn't present in the list of options for MP. Surely it wouldn't have been too much a hassle to have removed the option from the settings menu in MP in the first place, and have the anticheating system make sure no one could enable it? Then again, I'm not privy to the details of how such software functions, but still.

Even the suggestion of using a sword and shield is no good for me - I block until I can time a swing so I don't get hit myself, but they block 80% of those hits, and eventually just break my shield. This just should not be this difficult!! (especially playing on the easiest settings!!)

Keep at it. I'm sitting behind my shield too. With the new chained attacks and smart positioning i'm able to land more hits.

I just don't see how they couldn't have had it in the SP by itself, and make it so it wasn't present in the list of options for MP. Surely it wouldn't have been too much a hassle to have removed the option from the settings menu in MP in the first place, and have the anticheating system make sure no one could enable it? Then again, I'm not privy to the details of how such software functions, but still.
My understanding is that the auto block feature was entirely client driven. There was no option to turn it on in game, but by modifying game files and/or memory editing you could force the game to allow you to do it anyway. And the server, which was hosting the game, had no way to determine that you were using it.

In short, sloppy programming. But not surprising considering the autoblock function predated multiplayer by years and years, going back to long before there was an intention to make Multiplayer even be a thing.

Keep at it. I'm sitting behind my shield too. With the new chained attacks and smart positioning i'm able to land more hits.
The thing is we shouldn't have to hide behind a shield. Autoblock is the default way to play Warband, this is a feature that should of been in at launch. It shouldn't take hours to get a basic grip of the combat. Telling people to just "keep at it" just excuses the Devs for making a bad design decision.

350 hours in Warband and I never played without autoblock. I've put in a lot of time in the arena trying to get better at manual blocking but it's really difficult! If multiplayer people want to show off their e-peen they can go ahead, but for singleplayer I would very much advocate bringing autoblock back.

Autoblock in multiplayer where it shouldn't be using a trainer to activate the autoblock code was super common in warband. Good riddance.
So make it server-authorative instead of client-authorative. Problem solved without having to screw with the single-player experience.

95% of warband multiplayer players used shields and thus basically had autoblock.

There's been multiple threads about it. There's 3 opinions about this as well.

1st crowd says git gud, you should learn to enjoy the game our way, not how you would like.

2nd crowd says I'd like autoblock as a toggable feature like game difficulty because of a lack of skill, missing fingers, physical disabilities, or plain old age.

3rd crowd agrees it should be an option but likes that they can improve themselves if they choose too.

Personally there's no reason to be against something that will not affect you, if you don't want it too. That and nobody should try and push their idea of what's fun on others, it's ****ing ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom