Users who are viewing this thread

i really wish there was a setting for autoblock to, i like the more casual experience i guess. manually blocking has me sitting on the tip of my chair and gets me really frustrated if it fails.

It's a lot of text, what is your point?

Everything's there. Just read it.

The game is missing core option, which makes it unplayable by people with disabilities, slow reflexes and of old age.
Pray you never learn how to tune your gaming when you become one of them, and you will, with age.

And? There is a lot of games requiring better reflexes and other qualities which I don't have. And I simply do not play them and I'm not asking anyone to change them for me, even though it seems I should, according to the "ego" some of you accuse me of. That's the point of my arguments, if you still haven't found it.

Omfg aquila no one except you is a warband tryhard sweat who plays to flex or whatever,

I noticed quite a lot of responses "learn how to play" (more or less) on this forum on other "NO AUTO BLOCK" topics, so "nobody" isn't true. Also there's a lot of players who do not post here at all, so... I'm not sure you're the spokesman of every warband/bannerlord player. And to be honest I'm also not a "tryhard sweat", you came to the wrong conclusion. When playing warband I often miss enemies when I try to hit them. Or hit trees while riding. Or die without scratching enemies. And it's fine, no problems with that. Maybe because I accept I'm not perfect and I, from time to time, can fail.

go take your ego problems to the therapist not vent it out here no one wants to listen to it

Let's see... I accept the game as it is. I do not demand from anyone to make it easier for me. I do not deny others to have the options they want or enjoy the game as they like and I'm merely stating that demanding from the game developers to make changes to fit someone's lesser abilities is not actually very proper and that trying to increase someone's skill is much better instead. In short - I believe that everyone should strive to be better at doing things they want to do and if they can't - they should consider switching hobbies. And it is I who have ego problems? Interesting.

As I've said - you're free to disagree, I disagree with you and that's why I understand that you're absolutely entitled to do the same. Accusing of ego problems, sending to therapist etc. are just empty phrases and petty insults. Completely unwarranted unless you know the person you're talking about very well - which you don't in this case.

No, you attacked people that just want a feature that have been part of the series, just to point out how superior you are to the people that want the feature back.

Point me to the exact place where I wrote that I'm good or better at the new blocking system. Take all the time you need :wink:

You're just back stepping. Making a point is fine, even when it's wrong, it's how you make the point that matters.

Or "how you react to the point that do not match your opinion on the subject". You disagree with me and it's fine, no offense taken. I disagree with others and suddenly I learn I have ego problems, I'm a sweating perfectionist or whatever :grin:

This was not making a point, it was being snide, talking down and ridiculing people for asking a question.

And that's your opinion. People with a tougher skin maybe would see it as an "exaggeration" not aimed at the author, but the idea of demanding from the world to change to fit someone's abilities instead of striving to become better and overcome obstacles.

Not one person here cares if you are against or for auto-block, we are all bothered by how you presented your opinions

Then you focus on the wrong thing, what else can I say? There's a lot of nice truths out there and a lot of ugly ones. Some people like to stay in their comfort zones, some others have no problems with facing the ugly reality.

I merely pointed out that people have different abilities and some are more and some less suited to do the same task (which may be considered unpleasant by some, especially if they are in the less suited group) and that instead of asking the world to be easier - it's better to overcome the problems. It may also be an unpleasant truth, especially for those who don't want to invest and actually make the effort to become better at doing this. The examples of disabled musicians and climbers served as an example of those who overcame the obstacles without demanding from the world to change.

Here's the reality of the situation, if I wanted a challenge I'd go look for a ****ing mountain, if I want to have fun, I'll do whatever the **** I want however the **** I want, and I have the common decency to make sure my fun doesn't stop or force others to do anything they would rather not. In case it wasn't clear..

But it seems you won't have the common decency to NOT ask someone else to change their product or offer to serve your version of "fun". It reminds me of the "artists" who demand their hotel rooms to be painted in their favorite color because they refuse to stay in a room painted in any other color. So "repaint it or I'll cancel my reservation!". Is it a "common decency"?

And again - maybe because you focused on "how I presented" and not "what I presented" - I don't deny anyone the right to enjoy the game as they want and like.

Don't force others to live by your ideals, if they were good ones people would do it willingly.

Please tell me how I force you right now? Do I hold you at gunpoint? I'm merely stating what's a good and what's a wrong choice in my opinion. I do not threaten anyone I'll punish them if they don't comply and I do not send petitions to the devs to never add such option to the game. I think you overestimate my abilities and, of course, misjudge my intentions.

And you also overestimate people's ability to judge. We wouldn't have so many drunkards, smokers and obese people otherwise.

That’s hilarious. M&B originally launched without manual blocking, according to what I’ve been told. It was added after launch because people like you demanded it be added to fit their skill and abilities. I guess it’s fine when you guys do it, huh?

I don't recall "doing this", it seems you confuse me with someone else :wink:

I have no doubt autoblock will be implemented eventually but surely the whole point of a game like Mount&Blade is the challenge? It gets boring fast in Warband when you can just swing through swathes of enemies on easy difficulty, I can't imagine Bannerlord being much different. :razz:

or learn to play a game?
get some training and skill people

How about a combat system that lets you move and rotate the camera independently of your attack and block direction? This has been a problem with the combat system since the Early Access of the FIRST game, and is why I always played the original with it off (AI moves to my left. I have to rotate left to keep him centered. But oh look, he's attacking to my right and now my controls are moving in the WRONG @$%ING DIRECTION while the AI cheap-shots me with their instant direction change.

How about a combat system that lets you move and rotate the camera independently of your attack and block direction? This has been a problem with the combat system since the Early Access of the FIRST game, and is why I always played the original with it off (AI moves to my left. I have to rotate left to keep him centered. But oh look, he's attacking to my right and now my controls are moving in the WRONG @$%ING DIRECTION while the AI cheap-shots me with their instant direction change.
Play easy mode then or use shield

Play easy mode then or use shield

There is absolutely NO reason why that should be the only answer, anymore than your pithy "LOL GET GUD N00B" patronizing to the OP.

The combat system in this game from what I've seen so far has scarcely changed from the original game. Right down to all the same flaws. Lack of a camera lock (which has been a staple of third person games for TWENTY YEARS). Inability to change chamber/block direction without releasing first (while the AI can change both on a whim even under the lowest difficulty levels). Camera and movement tied to the same controls as attack and block direction. ALL of this dates back to the Beta versions of the original game. It's a very disappointing lack of improvement on one of the game's core mechanics.

I think its really unecessary and it is going to get more people killed than help. Npcs now feint pretty well, although they dont constantly chamber like good AI in warband. They would just feint the autoblock. ?
You can use the fact that you aren't that good at fighting for roleplay, which is what I like to do. ? Play more of an old master strategist sitting behind your troops an leading. ??
My 52 year old father has been enjoying bannerlord and he likes to play realistic and got bad reflexes.? He has been loving the game and he didn't even notice that auto-block was gone. ?
Fighting is just 1 part of the game. You dont need to be good at it to win. So don't go saying things like "it's unplayable for me because of reflexes" because you can't go head to head with trained infantry at lvl 1 and expect to win like in warband. You need to level up a lot to get on their level.⚔

I think its really unecessary and it is going to get more people killed than help. Npcs now feint pretty well, although they dont constantly chamber like good AI in warband. They would just feint the autoblock. ?
You can use the fact that you aren't that good at fighting for roleplay, which is what I like to do. ? Play more of an old master strategist sitting behind your troops an leading. ??
My 52 year old father has been enjoying bannerlord and he likes to play realistic and got bad reflexes.? He has been loving the game and he didn't even notice that auto-block was gone. ?
Fighting is just 1 part of the game. You dont need to be good at it to win. So don't go saying things like "it's unplayable for me because of reflexes" because you can't go head to head with trained infantry at lvl 1 and expect to win like in warband. You need to level up a lot to get on their level.⚔
Well said lord

It is not difficult to learn to block, but you just have to learn. But no, it's better to have it all done.
Wow, you're so cool...
We're all in awe, really...
Get off your e-peen horse and don't bother telling other people how they should play a single player game.
How does it detract from YOUR gaming fun if there is an OPTION for others to use it?

And no, I don't need it, and I think it's more fun without using it, but if others want it, that's up to them.

Bloody keyboard dorks believing they're alphas...

Wow, you're so cool...
We're all in awe, really...
Get off your e-peen horse and don't bother telling other people how they should play a single player game.
How does it detract from YOUR gaming fun if there is an OPTION for others to use it?

And no, I don't need it, and I think it's more fun without using it, but if others want it, that's up to them.

Bloody keyboard dorks believing they're alphas...
Go to sleep mate or have a snickers

It's way past your bedtime laddie....
Your parents will get angry with you soon...

Shush and let the adults talk.
You’re literally crying kver a game begging for your money back because you can’t block
I’m 22 and self sufficient lmao
Also if you didn’t realise I don’t have to work anymore because of corona virus as I actually have a job therefore don’t need to sleep

Back
Top Bottom