Users who are viewing this thread

As for B if I wanted multiplayer I'd play Mordhau.
Never played Mordhau, but played Warband for 600 hours SP before switching to MP for another 1800 hours. The switch was a little difficult in the beginning due to being used to Manual blocking. Forcing Manual in SP will minimize that aspect preventing people from trying MP. Should it be like that, NO.

this is rapidly turning into the unofficial single player auto-block campaign movement :smile:

Ah, I remember when I made my post here an hour and a half after the game came out. Nobody else was talking about it, only a few threads about anything so far.

Got ganged up on here and when I brought it up in /r/mountandblade at first, but now it seems there's a majority opinion of "doesnt hurt anyone, why not have it as an option"

So... you think enjoyment of playing a video game is equatable to climbing a mountain and should require the same amount of effort, and those who choose not to invest that effort are worth less than those who do?

No. Mountain is the same height for everyone. True, some people are more fit that others, some have two legs and some others only one or none at all, yet the mountain is still the same. Disabled people will have more difficulty climbing it but no one said it will be impossible for them.
I was actually talking about the mentality of some people. Some disabled people (including obese ones) will look at that mountain and say "ok, it'll be harder for me to get there but I'll do it!" and some other will be "it's an outrage I can't climb that mountain like others are doing! I demand an escalator to the top!"

And you know - it'd be ok to have such escalator, hidden of course so it wouldn't ruin the natural beauty. It's also ok to provide others with means to enjoy the view from the top, to make it easier to reach it (to some degree of course, because it shouldn't damage or lower the experience of those who can climb there without assistance).

But it's not ok to say "you HAVE TO change it so it could fit MY skills and abilities!"

If you think that you can't climb the mountain - maybe stop thinking about climbing the mountain and enjoy beaches instead. It's a simple truth many egocentric people forget nowadays.

I'm going to let you into a little secret: You are not the arbiter of other people's worth, and trying to do it over a video game is mind-bogglingly narcissistic.

Did I say anything about anyone's from this thread worth? Yes - there are things in life requiring some skill. Some things are easier, some more difficult. It's up to everyone to pick what they like and what fits their abilities. Some people will stick to the easy tasks, some will be ambitious. Some of those ambitious will actually make an effort and become good and some of those ambitious will fail. That's perfectly natural. You see I actually suck at climbing. I don't feel enough desire to make myself better at it, so I don't climb and I don't try to convince others to make it easier for me by carving stairs. Maybe because the world does not revolve around me after all.

Go take your superiority complex somewhere else. Some people enjoy games different ways. You're not helpful and nobody likes you.

Nice to meet you, the spokesman of 7,774,469,843 people..

We just want to have fun our own way. Is that so hard to accept?

And you'll have it, don't worry. I'm perfectly fine with that, so no, it's not hard at all to accept. It's all about attitude and having all sorts of demands from the world, not about availability of a game option.

Aquila, drop the attitude. You're only embarassing yourself.
It's very simple feature that is missing, but it is very important for many players to make the game more enjoyable and much less stressful.
Nobody is forcing you to use it. It is literally an option.

The most annoying part is that the feature was present in all M&B single player games.
Why it was removed in Butterlord is beyond me.

this is rapidly turning into the unofficial single player auto-block campaign movement :smile:

Well, the game was rushed hard, so I am inclined to believe that the company simply forgot to put autoblock option in after their MP testing.
If not - and it was removed on purpose, than it is quite insulting to their casual players.
Can't even refund it on Steam because 3 hours played, 2 of which are loading screens and crashes :-/

Aquila, drop the attitude. You're only embarassing yourself.

I'm presenting my stance on the subject, you may disagree, dislike, don't care, whatever (assuming you understood what I was actually trying to say), but I'm afraid you're not in position to tell whether I'm embarassing myself or not. You're of course free to think like that, some others are of course free to agree with you, some others - disagree.
The number of agreeing/disagreeing people is not the measure of "truth" on the internet. If you don't believe - try writing "the Earth is round" on the flatearthers forum. Even as high as 99% of "lol stop embarassing yourself" responses won't suddenly make the Earth flat.

I wrote what I wanted to write, some will read it and disagree, some will read it and agree. I see no point in discussing it any further, unless directly provoked by quoting.

I'm presenting my stance on the subject, you may disagree, dislike, don't care, whatever (assuming you understood what I was actually trying to say), but I'm afraid you're not in position to tell whether I'm embarassing myself or not. You're of course free to think like that, some others are of course free to agree with you, some others - disagree.
The number of agreeing/disagreeing people is not the measure of "truth" on the internet. If you don't believe - try writing "the Earth is round" on the flatearthers forum. Even as high as 99% of "lol stop embarassing yourself" responses won't suddenly make the Earth flat.

I wrote what I wanted to write, some will read it and disagree, some will read it and agree. I see no point in discussing it any further, unless directly provoked by quoting.

It's a lot of text, what is your point?
The game is missing core option, which makes it unplayable by people with disabilities, slow reflexes and of old age.
Pray you never learn how to tune your gaming when you become one of them, and you will, with age.

Omfg aquila no one except you is a warband tryhard sweat who plays to flex or whatever, go take your ego problems to the therapist not vent it out here no one wants to listen to it

No, you attacked people that just want a feature that have been part of the series, just to point out how superior you are to the people that want the feature back.

Using your metaphor, this is like if your mountain had an easier access to the top and after some maintenance and construction works that path was closed, it's not like people are asking for a new path, but to just reopen the less demanding path. I can also add that if that path didn't exist, the amount of visitors would be smaller and there could be no money to maintain the mountain open for visitors, so no more climb for both casual and hardcore climbers, is that what you want?

I'd prefer an automatic mute for douchebags online as well, but I suppose I could settle for a manual one.

I HATED Mordhau.

I could say the same thing about real life. But not everyone wants that either. I got meathooks for hands. I wanna sit back, drink a few beers and relax. I don't want to deal with stress just so some 140 pound l33t CoD type and rant about how much "skillz" he has.
tenor.gif

No, you attacked people that just want a feature that have been part of the series, just to point out how superior you are to the people that want the feature back.

Using your metaphor, this is like if your mountain had an easier access to the top and after some maintenance and construction works that path was closed, it's not like people are asking for a new path, but to just reopen the less demanding path. I can also add that if that path didn't exist, the amount of visitors would be smaller and there could be no money to maintain the mountain open for visitors, so no more climb for both casual and hardcore climbers, is that what you want?
+1

I mean, the only time it comes into play is when your using a 2 handed weapon, and that's just a drawback you have to live with. Most of the time you'll be using a shield, lancing, or shooting the enemy,

Well, that is all fine and dandy, and still doesn't change the fact that from an objective standpoint there is no problem with an auto-block feature existing for singleplayer only, as stated before by everyone, including yourself.
This is where this thread should end, stop arguing like a bunch of greek philosophers. Find some more bugs so we can pester Taleworlds about it instead, there are more pressing matters at hand regarding the game, especially after 8 years of "development" whatever that means anymore.

You're just back stepping. Making a point is fine, even when it's wrong, it's how you make the point that matters.

Let's also make an option to earn a 1 000 000 each week and kill all enemies in a battle with a special key, you know, for all those who do not take things seriously and just want to relieve stress with a childishly easy game. What do you think?

This was not making a point, it was being snide, talking down and ridiculing people for asking a question.

Or the latter is just a statement noticing the overall trend to make various games dumbed down. We may also divide people into two other groups - those who see the obstacles and try to overcome them by becoming better in order to achieve success and those who see the obstacles and demand the removal of those obstacles, because they also want to achieve that success but without much or any effort at all. In real life we may compare it to the people who run and workout a lot in order to lose weight and people who buy pills because they think that taking those pills and not moving their lazy ass is enough to lose weight.

And now look closely at my previous posts and show me where exactly I wrote that such option should not be added to the game. I'm sure sooner or later someone will make such option posssible (devs or the modders) because I believe that the amount of "I want to be good without making any effort" or "I want to do the same things other people are doing but without the same effort they put into this" people is quite huge out there and devs have to keep that in mind in order to maximize profit.

I know, or at least that's what I assumed. I also know there are people who have no hand and yet they play violin. And people without legs who climb the mountains without demanding from the world to build them an escalator to the top.

What you are saying here is by adding a toggable option (LIKE THE DIFFICULTY SETTINGS) is deplorable and anyone who wants it, or uses it, is lesser for doing so regardless of reason. Guess handicap ramps are for the weak, people with ALS should get the **** over it, and that double amputee should just walk it off like a real man.

Not one person here cares if you are against or for auto-block, we are all bothered by how you presented your opinions, and those opinions, which again go ahead and have them, don't expect others to agree. This isn't getting into a debate intentionally with a group of people over a touchy subject like your flat-earthers example, this is everyone having a civil discussion and you throwing your ego around.

Here's the reality of the situation, if I wanted a challenge I'd go look for a ****ing mountain, if I want to have fun, I'll do whatever the **** I want however the **** I want, and I have the common decency to make sure my fun doesn't stop or force others to do anything they would rather not. In case it wasn't clear..

TL;DR

Don't force others to live by your ideals, if they were good ones people would do it willingly.

But it's not ok to say "you HAVE TO change it so it could fit MY skills and abilities!"
That’s hilarious. M&B originally launched without manual blocking, according to what I’ve been told. It was added after launch because people like you demanded it be added to fit their skill and abilities. I guess it’s fine when you guys do it, huh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom