Users who are viewing this thread

I did the whole duel thing in the campaign like this and didn't get hit once. Blocked every attack. If the enemy changes the direction of their swing and you don't hit block at the right time, then you will get hit.

I did the whole duel thing in the campaign like this and didn't get hit once. Blocked every attack. If the enemy changes the direction of their swing and you don't hit block at the right time, then you will get hit.
how the hell are you doing it :grin: I'm standing there in training grounds and getting hit every time exept when he attacks from the way I'm blocking

aren't you using a shield? shield is blockin most things from the front - I'm trying to block with two-handed sword

I was just going to make a thread about automatic blocking when I saw this one.
I second that please bring automatic blocking back. Not everyone was a naked 2-Hander in Warband

I was just going to make a thread about automatic blocking when I saw this one.
I second that please bring automatic blocking back. Not everyone was a naked 2-Hander in Warband

Only real men naked 2-Hand.
But in all seriousness, with more attention to the Mount & Blade series there will definitely be more causuals so auto-block would be a good option for them.

What's wrong with you guys ? I dont use autoblock but let the people enjoy the game how they want to enjoy it, get a life jizz it's on single player not MP
For sure, not everyone wants to have Mordhau type of fight in singleplayer. People just wanna chill sometimes

do you want everything to be automatic? What fun does that have? Learn to play boys.

Get a shield or git gud lmao

I am old and I don't click that fast anymore. And so one day you will be too.
I can still enjoy the game series I have played long before you could reach to PC keyboard to search for pron, I just need the auto-block function, which existed in *literally* all previous M&B games.
I consider absence of this feature as a huge developer oversight.
**** attitude like "git gud bruh" I see here is a very sign of how ignorant the youth has become.

At the very least, you should consider there are casual players who are not Starcraft-level fast clickers.

Last edited:
I mean i'm not against putting an option to turn autoblock on, but come on guys it's so much entertaining withouth it, you have to actually focus when you enter combat and think twice before attacking 2 or more soldiers without having a shield. I get that there are people who like games that arent impossible to beat, but with the settings in easy and looking at your opponents movements, learning the animations of every weapons (you'll get scared if an enemy aproaches you with a type of weapon you havent seen before ?) its hella fun. And I have played warband always with autoblock on, and honestly I was shocked when I tried the beta and saw that my guy wasnt blocking everything, but you get used to it.

So yeah what I wanted to state is that you should really give it a try because when you get better at it, you'll get an instant satisfaction with every attack you block

I mean i'm not against putting an option to turn autoblock on, but come on guys it's so much entertaining withouth it, you have to actually focus when you enter combat and think twice before attacking 2 or more soldiers without having a shield. I get that there are people who like games that arent impossible to beat, but with the settings in easy and looking at your opponents movements, learning the animations of every weapons (you'll get scared if an enemy aproaches you with a type of weapon you havent seen before ?) its hella fun. And I have played warband always with autoblock on, and honestly I was shocked when I tried the beta and saw that my guy wasnt blocking everything, but you get used to it.

So yeah what I wanted to state is that you should really give it a try because when you get better at it, you'll get an instant satisfaction with every attack you block

The problem is that I've tried for 2 hours now and I still can't. I need auto-block because I'm not having fun with this game. If they don't add it back soon, I'm just going to refund and wait to buy if/when they add it back in.

To clarify for all the people who can't seem to get the point; People are asking for an autoblock feature either due to being physically unable to learn it due to poor reflexes or age, and/or because they'd enjoy the game more. I understand this means some developmental time would be taken away but for ****s sake stop it with the **** attitudes. Not directed specifically at you ricewind just the last comment I saw telling people to try.

I feel like this was an oversight on release, rather than a deliberate removal/omission of a feature. They've been beta-testing Multiplayer (which to my understanding does not have Auto-block), probably forgot to reset a variable.

I suspect this will be resolved in the first round of bugfixes, but it would be nice to get some official response.

There is a clear reason I don't play Mordhau or League of Legends, or Starcraft 2.
My days of glory were in Diablo 1, Command & Conquer and Starcraft 1, on release.
Unless you make me 25 years younger, I don't see how I can "try it and get better" and start clicking faster to manual block.

Mount&Blade, while having strong MP community and high skill cap, in each and every game had auto-block feature, which allowed a slow old doofus to enjoy the singleplayer game for what it is - adventuring,RPG, strategy, economy, atmosphere and occasional combat. Not having this simple feature now makes this game pretty much unplayable for me.

Back
Top Bottom