Users who are viewing this thread

Forgive me for the war I'm about to start....

...but may I suggest adding the ability to auto-block in singleplayer? I completely understand why it was removed from multiplayer, and I'm perfectly content with that, but as someone who almost exclusively plays singleplayer, I don't see a reason not to make it an option. Those who don't like it can still choose not to use it, but for people like me who play M&B just casually, it's hard to have fun during fights when you have to take it this seriously. I play Mount and Blade to mess around, have fun, and relieve stress, so an option for auto-block would be great. I'd suggest as a compromise for people to make an option but not the default (which I think it was in warband), so most new people will still try their hand at manual blocking at first.

There will probably be a mod for it soon anyway, but no harm in suggesting it. I don't think they should focus on it either, but it would be nice.

+1 for auto block direction in SP

I used to play M&B on the hardest difficulty possible in every aspect, with two exceptions: auto-block ON and reduced (1/2) dmg to my character.
There's a guy on YT, Reformist, who has an extensive library of awesome M&B vids, and he has a very good explanation behind having fun while actively participating in battles vs "cowardly" staying back and watching the battle from afar. I totally adore and love combat, but it can be messy, and for me manual blocking and full damage is pretty much insta-death = not fun.

It's not that blocking being automatic is fun, it's just that it's not fun for some people without it. Some of us just want to play without having to learn to deal with that. I have hundreds of hours in warband and have always used it so clearly it's fun for some people.

Indeed it is.
+1 for auto blocking direction in SP

There's nothing rude in my comment. Obviously a game which has a lot of hand to hand combat should require some skill. When someone says "oh, let's make that part easier because I'm not good at it" then why not add other things making game easier for the economically impaired or those who who are mad when they lose a battle? Let's think about them too!

But don't worry, sooner or later there will be a mod or the devs will add the option you want.

Honestly, those could be options that are added to the game. To make the economy easier or making battles easier. I don't see why that's a problem. The only thing I could imagine is that you want some sort of pride from playing a video game that is difficult. If that's what you're after, you would enjoy dark souls. But not every game has to be dark souls

O

I was just saying TaleWorlds made it that way and “IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR THEM”
(trying to help them) that’s why I cared , you don’t?

It's not going to be easier or harder for them, it's EA, they are asking for input. Clearly based on the multiple threads on this topic it's a wanted feature, and like the difficulty setting you mentioned, it'll only affect the people who want it that way. Your answer came across as snide and elitist, adding no value to the conversation besides alienating people. If that wasn't your intent, then great.

Oh thank hell, they finally locked the Steam threads on this topic. About damn time.

Like I said, TW needs to get out ahead of this, it's causing a lot of bad feeling out there.

No, it doesn't need to exist in MP. I saw some folks insisting autoblock was removed from Bannerlord to prevent cheating in MP (because that was a thing in Warband) but as far as I'm aware that's not a thing that can happen in Bannerlord, so no reason that we know of not to have the option in SP.

Auto block is absolutely needed in Single Player. I'm sure leaving it out was an oversight, but all the same it was a big mistake and needs to be fixed at the next patch.

@Up
Oh no. People are trying to have fun their way? Unacceptable!
You realize that sometimes games are supposed to be played certain ways, right? They clearly didn't want the ability to have auto block. Either turn damage down or adapt to the change.

lmao. The "People want to have fun their way" is not an acceptable argument.

Autoblock was present in previous installments of M&B. It was a default in the first game.
Secondly, people here clearly don't want it forced, just an option to turn it on.
If we go down your way of thinking why even have dificulty settings? Either adapt or piss off.

Shields are a good way to balance it out. Just equip shield in group fights and learn to manually block in the arena. You can set AI to the worst and put damage on easiest, that already makes the game easy as hell.

I personally dont use it, but its in singleplayer mode so I dont see the issue.
If people want to cheat or use ab in SP thats none of your business and I dont understand some people here get so vocal about something that doesnt impact them.
It would be optional, let people have fun playing the game the way they want.

Back
Top Bottom