Australians, how many are there (of us)??

Are you Australian

• I just feel like posting here, because i'm inelegable for the other options

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Yes, actually, i'm from Brisbane...

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Last time i checked.......

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • No.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Australia? what is Australia?

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I just feel like posting here, because i'm inelegable for the other options

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Randy said:
The view that he is a traitor seems to have been fostered throughout Australia, as one of my friends demonstrated. What I pointed out to him, is much like what you said ^ he didn't actually fight against Australia at any point.
If he did now though, I can't say I'd blame him.

*ASIO breaks into house and arrests randy and detains him with no need to give a reason for two weeks*

sneakey pete said:
Randy said:
The view that he is a traitor seems to have been fostered throughout Australia, as one of my friends demonstrated. What I pointed out to him, is much like what you said ^ he didn't actually fight against Australia at any point.
If he did now though, I can't say I'd blame him.

*ASIO breaks into house and arrests randy and detains him with no need to give a reason for two weeks*

Haha well I'll get suspicious if i dont see him post anymore in these threads :eek: 

well, it's true. they can detain you, for upto two weeks, without haveing to charge you, and without you haveing any contact to the outside world, e.g. faimly/lawyers. well, they can if you sustected of terrorism.

so, basically, the new law allows the police to commit human rights abuses.

Yeah i forgot about those laws. The irony of it all is that one of the founding fathers of democracy stated that: A country that is willing to sacrifice liberty for the sake of safety, deserves neither liberty nor safety.

We have freedoms I grant you that, but when does democracy cease to be democracy? After all it has been a time honoured fashion of all facists to promote the guise of democracy and then abolish it.

Hitler spoke about freedom all the time, the SA marschiert (famous forbidden Nazi song) has the lyrics ...millions look to the freedom and hope of the swastika."

Or is freedom completely different from freedom of choice?? hmmm.

I am a slave to high taxes and i have no choice wether i want to pay them. :/
Every year I am restricted by another law... for example in Victoria you need a ladder license now to climb a ladder.

I'd imagine it's some kind of work safety measure, like an agreement with your employer, or does it apply to everyone?

Randy said:
I'd imagine it's some kind of work safety measure, like an agreement with your employer, or does it apply to everyone?

what is?

oh yeah, the new IR reforms. you can get sacked without any reason now.

Haha david hicks not a terrorist just holding an !RPG! with two other torrorists in ski masks beside him and he got funding from al qaeda(sp) hmmmmmm not a terrorist my ass this is aus all guns are illegal let alone rp-friggin-gs  :lol: :roll:

What are you kidding?
So if I went to America and drove around a little, I could get arrested for driving on the right side of the road in America, when I get back to Australia, because it's actually the wrong side of the road in Australia? No, not the case. I could murder people in America and the chances are good I'd be safe if I left the country. Holding and RPG is legal in places outside of Australia.

David Hicks may have worked for the Taliban, but the Taliban was the government in power then, so he was the opposite of a terrorist. He did not engage any western forces. He was arrested, because of the invasion of Afghanistan, his actions beforehand could not be considered illegal.

The case against David Hicks is a very weak one indeed.

ferretsniper said:
Haha david hicks not a terrorist just holding an !RPG! with two other torrorists in ski masks beside him and he got funding from al qaeda(sp) hmmmmmm not a terrorist my ass this is aus all guns are illegal let alone rp-friggin-gs  :lol: :roll:

grow a brain/ba......, genital organs, mate.

And, you better call the cops, by your reasoning, we have two .22 rifles and a pistol in our house.

Randy said:
What are you kidding?
So if I went to America and drove around a little, I could get arrested for driving on the right side of the road in America, when I get back to Australia, because it's actually the wrong side of the road in Australia? No, not the case. I could murder people in America and the chances are good I'd be safe if I left the country. Holding and RPG is legal in places outside of Australia.

David Hicks may have worked for the Taliban, but the Taliban was the government in power then, so he was the opposite of a terrorist. He did not engage any western forces. He was arrested, because of the invasion of Afghanistan, his actions beforehand could not be considered illegal.

The case against David Hicks is a very weak one indeed.

Sum's it up nicely.

Also, you don't see US citizens being arrested for drinking in AUstralia if their under 21 when they get back to the USA.

ferretsniper said:

I never saw a photo of David hicks standing next to ski masked men. I saw one of him holding an RPG and I dont think it was in Australia, use your brain a little.
Our Swat teams use ski masks that doesnt mean their terrorists. People always try to look like big macho dudes for those photos.

David Hicks was previously in Kosovo fighting the Serbians alongside the KLA freedom fighters after that he went to Afghanistan.

But forget all that.

TO BE A TERRORIST YOU HAVE TO KILL/THREATEN/ATTACK CIVILIAN TARGETS WITH A POLITICAL GOAL/AGENDA

Not hold an rpg for a photo shoot.

Im currently studying terrorism as a subject at UNI and there is a huge debate as to the definition of terrorism but its commonly accepted that you have to fullfil one of the above prerequisites.

rejenorst said:
TO BE A TERRORIST YOU HAVE TO KILL/THREATEN/ATTACK CIVILIAN TARGETS WITH A POLITICAL GOAL/AGENDA

Im currently studying terrorism as a subject at UNI and there is a huge debate as to the definition of terrorism but its commonly accepted that you have to fullfil one of the above prerequisites.

That seems a pretty decent definition for a terriorist.

sneakey pete said:
rejenorst said:

That seems a pretty decent definition for a terriorist.

Its more or less my summarized definition. The USA has multiple definitions and not one universal definition. In fact the definitions vary from agency to agency.

The big problem about universal definitions is the difference between freedom fighters and terrorists and wether or not terrorism should be exclusive to non-state organizations. If you make the definition to broad alot of countries will be defined as terrorist states, among those USA.
On the other hand many middle eastern countries refuse to accept a definition which will exclusivley target them or the palestinians.

Arrested in questionable circumstances is one thing, but imprisoned until further notice and NO TRIAL is quite another. You'd think anyone would disagree with a lack of trial.

yeah the big Kahoona of democracy and human rights (Mr.Bush), doesnt give a toss. Oh and he's sorry about Abu Graib. He's sorry about everyone finding out. lol

When is the next US elections? Man i hope there soon. If he gets re-elected, you know someone is f*&^ing around with the electorial votes... hell they were already effin with them in the beginning.

hey pete you got a license for those weapons? If not that IS highly illegal in australia and what was up with those grows some balls and some brains crack? And btw the pistol is alot more illegal than the 22. because no one would use a pistol for hunting. I wouldnt be suprised if you just plain cant get a pistol license in aus.

ferretsniper said:
hey pete you got a license for those weapons? If not that IS highly illegal in australia and what was up with those grows some balls and some brains crack? And btw the pistol is alot more illegal than the 22. because no one would use a pistol for hunting. I wouldnt be suprised if you just plain cant get a pistol license in aus.

WEll mate, be suprised. I'm only 15, but i've got a licence to use manual rifles, up to caliber .45, and revolvers and semiautomatic pistols up to caliver .45. And both my Parents have licences to use and own/store them to, before you get any ideas and call the police :wink:

There is nothing stopping anyone in Australia over the age of 18, who hasn't commited any Major crimes from accquring these licences.

apparently howards thinking of banning revolvers now.

Does anyone think that such harsh gun laws causes an increase in the black markets supply and demand?

Ive talked to a guy from customs and he said you can get anything on the black market, theyve heard of Armoured car drivers in Sydney getting held up by people with m16 rifles.

Back
Top Bottom