Australian Servers & Community

Users who are viewing this thread

VALOUR

Recruit
Hi Everyone,

I'm only new to NW and I've been through and read a fair bit of the forums here to get a better understanding of where the community is at and how to all fits together.  I'm quite sad to report that after going through posts that relate to the AU/NZ community I now understand why some of the servers out there are not worth joining and the community is not all it could be.

I guess my post here is about giving you all a newbies perspective of the AU/NZ NW community.  It is, thus far, a sad indictment of where things stand...

I bought this game a week ago, as many of my clan mates had it and were raving about it.  I first joined a server and with a little friendly guidance from mates got the hang of what was going on in game, and the basics of fighting.  I've played in many servers, in various game modes and I've participated in a line battle.

In servers I saw the comments that were flying around, I saw admins abusing players, other players saying the most offensive things without any admin taking action, and I have seen Admins abusing their privileges to suit themselves.  Other servers report "We do not ban for anything on this server" - that is a path that leads to failure.

I read much of the post about the crap between the "Official" and other servers; what a load of BS, and from someone new to the community, I'm pretty disappointed in the garbage that goes on.

Now, don't get offended, but it appears to me that the age group 7 - 13 is over represented in this community; I say that because that is the way many of the players carry on.  Immature, stupid crap, offensive comments, gutter abuse and no concept of anything related to good order, or organsation.  It seems a great community with great potential was put into the hands of 12 year olds who were then left to their own devices.

There also seems to be this stupid pissing competition between groups for 'control', of what I have no idea.  Why don't the various units agree to remain independant of each other, run your OWN servers and ignore these clowns that are screwing everything up for everyone else?  Sure have a central community based forum where you can organise line battles etc, but there should be agreement that ALL units play a part in operating the community.  Draft a common set of values based on respect and honour and ensure a rule set along those lines is established and enforced.

Agree or not I don't care, this is only my perspective of having played quite a bit for a week on various servers.  There appears to be a rogue element of immature little brats that has far too much say in what the community values are and far too much control.  Place the community into the hands of responsible ADULTS and watch it grow; leave it as it and you'll have little more than a mere shadow of what it could be.

Hi I am the past leader of the Australian regiment ANZAC

I now lead 3eme Régiment étranger d'infanterie and I have to agree with all that was said here.

The sad fact is no one can let go of the past, The Official Servers try to follow taleworlds rules but dont and A New Hope (ANH) don't have any rules what so ever.

I was thinking about making my own server but decided against it as it would split the community further.

However if I got enough support Bandit Gaming (my thought of community) with its motto feel free game free will put up a server

My Quote was going to be "We are not here to compete with LCC and ANH but rather offer an alternate experience"

EDIT: The Official Servers also have a petty hate for ANH and ANH has a hate for LCC and GloVine so on servers insults fly around like I dont know what.

"In servers I saw the comments that were flying around, I saw admins abusing players, other players saying the most offensive things without any admin taking action, and I have seen Admins abusing their privileges to suit themselves. "

I assure you, that never happens in Official_Aus_1.

Also, I don't quite understand what you're trying to get out of this thread but I can say without a doubt this thread will turn into a hate thread, as many in the past have.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

admin on NW_Official_Aus_1

also this is what i received when I posted about my regiment on LCC forum

man u make so many regiments an they all r **** and full of the same 2 or 3 noobz why dont u stop making regiments alltogether i recomend no1 join this regiment or any other regiment made by `tomdabomb` hes a swindler a trickster and a phony if your lookin for the reall NW experience i suggest u join a real regiment thats been round for ages not like this clowns regiments they last 5 seconds yea

and half of them arnt even in english like this ones dutch o some **** i dunno but i think you need to see a dotor or somes hit man

for more look at this
http://loungechaircarnage.com.au/showthread.php?2846-3eme-R%E9giment-%E9tranger-d-infanterie

VALOUR said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm only new to NW and I've been through and read a fair bit of the forums here to get a better understanding of where the community is at and how to all fits together.  I'm quite sad to report that after going through posts that relate to the AU/NZ community I now understand why some of the servers out there are not worth joining and the community is not all it could be.

I guess my post here is about giving you all a newbies perspective of the AU/NZ NW community.  It is, thus far, a sad indictment of where things stand...

I bought this game a week ago, as many of my clan mates had it and were raving about it.  I first joined a server and with a little friendly guidance from mates got the hang of what was going on in game, and the basics of fighting.  I've played in many servers, in various game modes and I've participated in a line battle.

In servers I saw the comments that were flying around, I saw admins abusing players, other players saying the most offensive things without any admin taking action, and I have seen Admins abusing their privileges to suit themselves.  Other servers report "We do not ban for anything on this server" - that is a path that leads to failure.

I read much of the post about the crap between the "Official" and other servers; what a load of BS, and from someone new to the community, I'm pretty disappointed in the garbage that goes on.

Now, don't get offended, but it appears to me that the age group 7 - 13 is over represented in this community; I say that because that is the way many of the players carry on.  Immature, stupid crap, offensive comments, gutter abuse and no concept of anything related to good order, or organsation.  It seems a great community with great potential was put into the hands of 12 year olds who were then left to their own devices.

There also seems to be this stupid pissing competition between groups for 'control', of what I have no idea.  Why don't the various units agree to remain independant of each other, run your OWN servers and ignore these clowns that are screwing everything up for everyone else?  Sure have a central community based forum where you can organise line battles etc, but there should be agreement that ALL units play a part in operating the community.  Draft a common set of values based on respect and honour and ensure a rule set along those lines is established and enforced.

Agree or not I don't care, this is only my perspective of having played quite a bit for a week on various servers.  There appears to be a rogue element of immature little brats that has far too much say in what the community values are and far too much control.  Place the community into the hands of responsible ADULTS and watch it grow; leave it as it and you'll have little more than a mere shadow of what it could be.

Hi Valour, I dont beleive we have met before.  I assist in giving LoungeChairCarnage direction, and as NW official is part of our community I would like to just talk briefly about some of the things you are feeling and have seen (most likely not on our servers).  On our official NW server Official_Aus_1, if there are admins as you are stating abusing players this is something we are not currently aware of and do not tolerate, now I am not sure if you were referencing our servers in regards to this as it wasnt a specific statement or very clear but if you are witness to this we would like to be fully aware of this.  You can contact us on on the community forum www.LoungeChairCarnage.com.au or speak to one of the Administrators for any servers we run on Team Speak 3 lccts.com.au:10097.

Further more in regards to the comments about LCC and the guys who run servers called ANH.  I would like to say although there may be elements of individuals who have issues for their own reasons with this group and happen to utilise our hub or play on our servers, from the leadership perspective of LCC there is no "LCC vs ANH" and we just wish to run quality servers for people who enjoy them and wish to play on them.  If players new or old have issues with how our community is run or have suggestions and feedback for constructive feedback that could lead to improvements then this is encouraged and I would like to refer yourself and any otehrs to LoungeChairCarnage.com.au.

I am sorry to see you feel this way about the game and how you beleive it is run on servers in our region but I am sure by discussing this via the right channels a positive outcome can be achieved.

Hey Baron can you look at the LCC PW section there is something important there. Also I got Osama to start making a LOTR PW map

Back
Top Bottom