Australian Napoleonic Wars *Literally* - Reflections on the Past and Future

Users who are viewing this thread

*A testiment to an old thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=255493.0

Australian Warband has gone through so much conflict and corruption,  since the thread above was published back in what I like to think was the end of the golden years of Australian Warband. A slow decline in attendance / player base in Australia the result of internal squabbles, wars and ridiculous propaganda. I regret that I was an enforcer of the policies and participant from the beginning jumping sides in the Australian Napoleonic Wars.  I was ignorant to see what I would be creating and destroying back then when I was just another ruthless unbounded troll.

Lounge Chair Carnage died long ago and only recently the “Official Community” United Oceanic Gaming has also kicked the bucket. Now the community that calls itself the Official Hosting community is empty and the larger half has joined the Men Of Valor *Germanic War Machine* as ironically shown in supporter made videos and pictures. The splinter cell remains of the Australian community reside in a handful of regimental teamspeaks and in the NW group I maintain GGS (Gentlemen Gaming Society).

Admiration to those admins and leaders before me who tried to fight for the benefit of everyone and hold together the warband community for this long. I have high respect to all from the original LCC and ANH plus the other communities which were shutdown or caught in the crossfire. I thank you gents for inspiring me to continue and try and do better. Ryan, Baron, Eurekan, Tommygun, Conroy, Pink Chains, Horse, Pie, Bunny, Evans, Matt, Wolfgang, Wookie, Resin, Hound, Hootch, Stabalot, Lolability, Oysters, those annoying prebs and Hikkups, thanks for being my teachers in making me the *insert personal description here* today. It is not in sarcasm or facetious intent. I think you have all contributed in a positive way to how I look at live the world and everything. I hope reading this that you understand that I may have trolled or been too radical to pinpoint, I respect all of you. I wish all the best but being casualties of an endless war has influenced me in why I wish to move on from where we came and do something meaningful.

I don’t and a significant amount of others don’t want to stop playing the game and continue fueling an never ending war. I have witnessed and been the victim of community leaders using the power they wield to name and shame anyone who stands in the way of total control of the market in Australia. When shots are fired, lies emerge followed by botnet attacks disabling servers affecting hundreds in the community.  I follow a line of many other who want change, being someone who have committed atrocities and broker for both sides / knowledgeable enough to enact what the people want.

GGS, a new challenger in the warband community I am leading vouches to persist and discourage negative behavior in our wonderful game. We want to present innovation and deliver a quality experience to all who wish to use our servers.  We won’t be shut down due to capacity, network attacks or threats / hate campaigns or encourage others to do the same.  Transparency by providing all of our ingame logs to anyone through internally created systems. Reliability though knowing how warband works and giving it the best server environment for it to flourish.  Dedication to persist and open to everyone.  I want to unite everyone to work together to keep this game alive and discourage anymore future hate campaigns.

For a long time  I have been in the backseat of an uncountable amount of regiments and have been in all the camps formed within NW in Aus. In my time between camps, the same issues seem to cycle over in a repeating then when all seems lost, revolutions are forged which then are turned into desperate power struggles going back to what was originally founded minus a few more players who decide to uninstall.

If the warband community continues to split apart and continue making more isolationist regiments / hate groups then when it comes time to bannerlord, nobody may be left.

I admit I am not the best guy with the crystal clean record of doing good but I am passionate about this game. I am willing to give this my all and if I fail the people who follow me by calling it quits *which I have no intentions to do*  or participate in wrongful conduct , I will accept, acknowledge and retreat from this place and move on to another realm.

I wish the best of luck to all who all Australians who decide to come back to warband after reading this post. If you do not wish to return then I understand.

Thank you for reading.

*If you wish to speak to me I am available on the GGS teamspeak*
TS3:  ggs.sx

Heavy Bob

Vincenzo

External DeveloperCoder of code  Faction: NeutralMP nick: FSE_Vincenzo

Re: Australian Official Servers - Not Very Official

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:37 AM »The Australian server is hosted and provided by the kind LCC community, they run it as their own server but allow public Australian players to join and run the same server rules as our servers, that is why they have the name like that.Sadly not everyone can find his place in their community...Everyone can run their own server in their own way, so you can do your best to create the best server in your opinion.But please do not start discrediting/trolling other server owners on these or our forums.There is no point at all to start slinging **** at each other in this forum, it will end up with rage and insults which is not a good idea.If you have a problem with a specific server, take up contact with the server owners, if they can't help you, then no-one can, drop the subject and move on.

Hi guys MOV_HIKKUPZ/10thRM_Gren_Brig_HIKKUPZ here. Well The almighty himself summed it up best long ago. I and some others from ANH listened as players came and spoke to us about our servers (now branded MOV). Since late 2012 we steadily have built up our Australian top 10 Teamspeak3 server 203.33.121.101:9989 and AND OUR WARBAND/MOD servers MOV_  We have continued growing international and Oceanic relationships with other Warband communities and regiments in Korea China and USA/CANADIA. Our garrisoned regiments,some of which are 2 years old now, have a mix of international and aussie players and also field international lines at other communities events.

I strongly feel 2 communities is an essential requirement for Warband/Bannerlord to flourish in any region as only one community-well NW_OFFICIAL_AUS1 showed us the results of a monopoly.  Now 2 years later (after merely setting out to play as we were banned for playing on a public server) Men Of Valor is almost on the verge of becoming that which it set out against-a monopoly.

We plan on continuing atleast another two years or as long as it takes for BATTLE CRY of FREEDOM to be released.

The 10th Royal Marines is recruiting for Grenadiers & FootGuards battalions. Players in North America and oceania are welcome to join as we / MOV host Warband servers in Sydney AUS and California USA. JOIN Men Of Valor teamspeak 203.33.121.101:9989 and the steam group for International events and regiments. Next international event is in 3 weeks on USA server.

MOV_HIKKUPZ            10thRM_Gren_Brig_HIKKUPZ      veni vedi veci      ''Never lose sight of the fun'' ANH 2012  ''10/10thRM''

...since the thread above was published back in what I like to think was the end of the golden years of Australian Warband. A slow decline in attendance / player base in Australia the result of internal squabbles, wars and ridiculous propaganda.
As much as I would like to believe that the 'Australian NW Server Wars' were the reason for the decline of players in the game, it just isn't so. The reason that people are not playing NW anymore is because it is two years old. I am surprised that we can still push four main NW events a week, each with more than 120 players. At least two of them get around the 190 Mark. Sure 2012 - Early 2013 had more players, but because the game is aging people are turning to newer titles.

Admiration to those admins and leaders before me who tried to fight for the benefit of everyone and hold together the warband community for this long. I have high respect to all from the original LCC and ANH.
Sadly, the truth isn't as glorious as this. Maybe ANH/MOV would never have existed/been delayed by a few months if the 'original' LCC admins had allowed the 1stCB to run the 'NW_Public_Aus' server away from the hub of LCC. Also, many of these 'original' admins were the reason for the fighting persisting for as long as it did. Blanket/Shadow bans by the 'Official' community just because you have 'ANH' or 'MOV' tags just wasn't acceptable.

GGS, a new challenger in the warband community I am leading vouches to persist and discourage negative behavior in our wonderful game.
I am truly sure that you have good intentions, however surrounding yourself in the negative behavior that you are so intent on destroying isn't the best way to start. Both 'lead' regiments of GGS (5thKGL & 54thSoR) have abused members of MOV/10thRM, including myself, inside of the game and on teamspeak.

If the warband community continues to split apart and continue making more isolationist regiments / hate groups then when it comes time to bannerlord, nobody may be left.
Then instead of splitting apart lets all join 'Men of Valor' gaming servers + teamspeak. Many groups (outside of Mount & Blade) also reside in the teamspeak. 201.33.121.101:9989.

I am always of the belief that competition breeds innovation. I want GGS to succeed so themselves and MOV can compete for players. I have recently tried helping GGS get off the ground with their events so they don't make the mistake that LCC/UOG did. If they want to fill the 'Official' status, that's fine. However, remember the being official doesn't make you an untouchable community. The players will always go the servers that you have the most fun on.

Back
Top Bottom