{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

Havoc said:
Yeh, good work Las. Did you request a sticky?

Lol well I laughed when NN made that joke to me about no one reading a thread once it becomes stickied, but at the same time I agreed with him. :smile: I didn't request one.

in honour of the true queen of this game, teamGonder has emerged

the clan will exist until keen becomes active again, but until then, it's straight up gonder

thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,160514.0.html

(this is actually a 'serious' clan)

So to get some talk going, what do people want to see in a new campaign if there were to be one? I know that there is already a campaign idea in the works, but I really want to see what everyone has to say.

Personally, I thought that Laszlo's campaign was rather good, but it really had a few glaring problems:

* The rules weren't clearly defined to account for most scenarios, thus resulting in some of the many arguments had in the good ole thread.
* The map was too big thus the campaign took too long, and people lost interest.
* The system for setting up matches was rather lackluster, not everyone would check the thread all the time/miss challenge post's etc.

I think if we can solve those above problems and all agree to fair straight up challenges within the campaign, it should be much more successful than last time.

hey fiends

just my thoughts right here (most of you guys know what i am going to say anyway)

1.  clearly defined match rules, round timers, amount of rounds required to win, gold settings, faction restrictions and all of that stuff.  i would recommend first to 6 both halves.
2.  smaller campaign map, as mentioned by scorch -- less emphasis on the rp ****e and more on actually having matches.
3.  flexibility with numbers, play against whatever, as long as both teams agree.  doesn't need to be completely even always.
4.  don't allow people to call matches off in fear of loss of territory or whatever.
5.  non-****ty maps only.  no random bull**** plains.  somebody make a good open map.  random maps should NEVER be played.  start off with the few good maps in the game.  eg ruins and maybe a slightly modified field by the river and nord town (to prevent bull**** camping on inaccessible buildings).
6.  an end/campaign victory that is actually reachable.  have a shorter and smaller overall campaign to prevent stagnation and other nonsense.
7.  the most important thing: swapping factions at half time.  we always do this in scrims and it should be done in the campaign.

AHYoa.jpg

I'd like to see newer players (and non-clan players [i.e., me]) brought into the organised matches.

I second the ape above me on the clearly defined rules point. Rules should be locked once both sides have agreed (to avoid Rawr-versus-Dojo-esque fiascos). Put yourselves down for a faction-swap if you're worried about being disadvantaged.

I agree with everything said here already.

My only question is directed at sk, why do you not want any plains matches? Is it because there is no effective system to choose a suitable battlefield? Or that it does not work well with small numbers?

IMO, plains maps give the game a hell of a lot of much needed variety. Not to mention that it doesn't bias any particular factions like some of the other maps (except kherghits of course)

yeah, the thought of spawning on the bottom of a hill on one of those random plains maps is enough for me to forget the idea entirely, not to mention a whole bunch of other flaws

I'm a little surpised at the amount of hate going on right now for plains maps.

I agree, spawns are not always "perfect", however, i don't think that this should warrant a complete removal of them.

I believe that these maps are always fun and really strategic to play because it takes a well balanced team play effectively, especially useful for when people are able to switch roles between rounds as a change of tactics.

Additionally, I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything, but it seems like the only ones who complain about it are those who play infantry almost exclusively. Frankly I think this is just an attempt to remove maps that do not favour their playstyle

Question: Are there any clans that are in the banner pack that don't actually exist anymore?

I know that I haven't seen anyone rocking the Dojo tag in months and people seem to think they aren't around anymore. Same goes for SPLH as much as I hate to admit it. Rawr I am not sure about, I haven't seen any of them playing in a while, but they usually do play every so often.

Laszlo said:
Damnit! I wish Taleworlds and KEEN would bury the hatchet: Toad (sk) just got banned.

The administration really doesn't like attempts to circumvent bans by making duplicate accounts, and Toad's done that multiple times now. He lasted quite a while longer this time though.

klumpy said:
The administration needs to lighten the **** up.

Or maybe you should have read the rules more carefully when you signed up in the first place.

I'm not seeing how this ban changes things, to be honest, Toad will just sign up again for another account if he really needs to post something

Back
Top Bottom