{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

Forethought said:
from wikipedia: 'In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.'

Errr, mate, you might want to read that again. I don't know how long you've been around, but that's exactly what they do.

they freeze/kick people on their own server?! that's awful! lol. do you even know why he was frozen/kicked?

and lol, all of this from the same thread:

I have been on this server before. He seemed like a decent enough chap, helped me practice my manual blocking.
- Crossbow Joe

I have to say he can be very funny.
- Papa Lazarou

The John's / Jean's / George Michael club threads were awesome and never failed to bring a smile to my face.
- ProjectAngel

You would've lost to him anyway.

and this video makes me laugh so much - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSkch_T1sNo
- RomaN_au

i think maybe you've picked the wrong thread to use as an example of KEEN's constant trolling? lol. but definitely a good example of a thread displaying someone's anger over being frozen/kicked/whatever else happened. and from what these guys above have said, maybe they're not so bad after all?

now why don't you go back, have a second read and tell me how freezing/kicking someone is constant trolling?

Forethought said:
now why don't you go back, have a second read and tell me how freezing/kicking someone is constant trolling?

Honestly, mate, you're coming across like some neo-con Japanese/German ****wit who's insisting they never did **** in WW2.

I'm not going to quote little bits here and there to support my argument because certain people here have voiced their discontentment with that practice (and I can't be arsed to quote from a locked thread), so I'm just going to tell you to stop bull****ting and give that thread a thorough read.

EDIT: Apparently Jap is considered to be a derogatory term outside Singapore and Hong Kong.

Yeah, I was asking what you think the real reasons are. If those are all illusions, why is KEEN the most hated of all the clans?

In fact with minor rephrasing, most of those are pretty fair. Behold:

"i don't like KEEN because they make characters to which confuse people"
"i don't like KEEN because they muscle in on scrims just to end up in all the scrims and dominate"
"i don't like KEEN because they constantly troll often engage in massively disruptive antics while slinging abuse"

All of these are fair enough to an extent, but KEEN have basically made them trademarks. When a KEEN player joins the server you can pretty much guess where things will end up (stacked teams, frequent abuse, disruptive antics, etc.).

But anyway, why do you think they're disliked, if all those reasons are made up?

well that's what people who dislike KEEN believe to be true and thus that's how they portray KEEN.

i can't help it if they dislike KEEN for:
- making characters (how is that bad)
- adjoining clans in scrims (the last time that happened was months ago)
- disruptive antics (like what)/abuse slinging (everyone slings abuse from time to time)

it's a shame people dislike them for these reasons, seeing as they're mostly trivial and most people (not just KEEN) are guilty of them. i'm sure they would rather be friends with you than enemies to be honest.

If you've been playing on the GON server for more than a day, then it is very easy to know who is who. If you see someone come on with a ridiculous face, stupid name and a very specific ping, then you know exactly who it is. The newbies wouldn't know who is who, but they would be too crap to stand a chance anyways. And besides, if you see someone that looks like a camel running towards you, chances are it's a veteran of the community and they would probably beat you anyway. Not too sure who they are trying to "confuse".

Yes, everyone slings abuse once in a while and many people play under aliases, KEEN are not the only ones guilty of that. And if people are slinging abuse at you and you feel insulted by it, then you are a fool. This is the internet and if you can't take the occasional insult from an idiot, then go live in a cave.

Yes, KEEN are very good players. Yes, they will probably beat you. But, there are a handful in the community who are nearly as good as them. If people are complaining that KEEN are too good, then play the bloody game more.

I don't believe they are hated. It's not their fault that they want in on scrims, with better players, instead of destroying noobs in pub.
Who hates their aliases? I find them funny.
Atleast they actually play the game. I don't see people complaining about many of the people in mumble. They go en-masse to the server, completely naked with no weapons, which often results in their team being destroyed.

The only people who are having a go at KEEN here, it seems, are the people who have shared bad blood with them since beta.

Edit: Oh and NN, there is a big difference between World War 2 and a childrens computer game.

Sundeki said:
Edit: Oh and NN, there is a big difference between World War 2 and a childrens computer game.

When did I relate WW2 to the game? :lol:

I said he was acting like a neo-con ****wit in that he stubbornly refused to see anything that contradicted his point of view, even in a thread that was full of reliable witnesses describing (and in some cases, linking to) instances of KEEN trolling. Not skimming the argument helps a lot in this context. So does reading comprehension.

Forethought said:
that's why they're hated (really? people hate them), because that's what they believe to be true.
And they just decided to believe it for no reason? There's no strange motives or conspiracies here. You act like dickheads, people don't like you. If you care so much, tone it down.

Sundeki said:
Not too sure who they are trying to "confuse".
I don't think anyone has a problem with aliases as such. It's more that they go hand-in-hand with annoying, or worse, openly hostile behaviour.

And if people are slinging abuse at you and you feel insulted by it, then you are a fool.
This could equally go for the non-internet world. It's reasonable to dislike insults.

If people are complaining that KEEN are too good, then play the bloody game more.
No one likes being dominated all the time, and playing the game more probably won't help even if anyone wanted to do it.

i would like to hear from some of the newer players what they think about this. after all they are the bulk of this community.

Papa Lazarou said:
And they just decided to believe it for no reason? There's no strange motives or conspiracies here. You act like dickheads, people don't like you. If you care so much, tone it down.

tone it down? i don't know what you see but i barely ever **** talk or be 'openly hostile' to others. the majority of the time i find myself reminiscing about 'nam with gondor.

Sergeant Forethought commanding his Infantry Fighting Vehicle back in 'Nam.
only-in-vietnam11.jpg

Gondor on leave in 'Nam looking for a good time in Saigon.
only-in-vietnam07.jpg

Sergeant Forethought and Gondor in a command APC teaming up to rid the world of the commies. (Go left boys, go left!  :mrgreen:)
Only_in_Vietnam_1_9.jpg

Gondor and Sergeant Forethought upgrade their APC and take a surplus IFV from the Iraqi war to help with their search for those intransigent commie pricks.
three_wheels_wagon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom