{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

start dling crpg again mens, server has been revived solid 45-50 people on in the last three days many people have started playing again.

Romah said:
start dling crpg again mens, server has been revived solid 45-50 people on in the last three days many people have started playing again.

I remember the first time I played cRPG...

I spawned in (level 1), found some terrible ass sword on the ground I could actually pick up and killed half the plate wearing server.

Then I got poll banned endlessly for 2 days.

The tears were delicious.

Sundeki said:
Romah said:

luckily for you poll and kick polling is turned off

Romah said:
Sundeki said:
Romah said:

luckily for you poll and kick polling is turned off
It doesn't matter anymore though, buddy. I am trashcan now.

After months of going missing (presumably captured by Turks) SRBJIA STRONG was seen on battle. Thanks to Hamor and his greek liberation squad in a raid on a turkish compound where SRBIJIA was being held.

Hello ladies and esteemed gentlemen, I have resurrected this thread to throw around the idea of opening some form of southeast asian server equidistant between here and Japan. I reckon with enough effort we could get around 75 ping for all and just enough people so we can get sick of the game again and promptly leave.

Con detected. I get around 70 on GoN/GA, all things going well. WA players get around 100.

We had 75 players on GA battle a couple of days ago, I think something to do with a PWmod server crash. There are a lot of active AU players, it's the age old problem of having too many servers, mostly with crap mods/modes/rules that keeps us disparate.

If we could organise the closure of every AU server but GoN battle and john's duel server, there wouldn't be a problem.

Edit with pics:

gTWBJ.png
GQ_WV.png

Meevar the Mighty said:
Con detected. I get around 70 on GoN/GA, all things going well. WA players get around 100.

We had 75 players on GA battle a couple of days ago, I think something to do with a PWmod server crash. There are a lot of active AU players, it's the age old problem of having too many servers, mostly with crap mods/modes/rules that keeps us disparate.

If we could organise the closure of every AU server but GoN battle and john's duel server, there wouldn't be a problem.

I swear mate, it aint a con. A hypothetical singaporean server could provide decent ping to many Australians, Singaporeans obviously, Malaysians, Thais,  South Koreans, potentially Japanese (not sure, haven't been able to find an example of a trace route from Singapore to Japan) and some Chinese players. It's like a potential quintupling of playerbase. Of course Australians can only really play on it when the Australia-Singapore link is operational, which it isnt like 40% of the time.

Edit: We'd somehow have to get the GoN servers patched to the latest version before we consider nuking the rest of the servers.

It's a good idea, but it'd never result in good pings for anyone; they'd range from playable (Sydney/JP with good connection), through barely playable (Melbourne/Korea with good connection) to unplayable (Regional AU, 3rd world SE Asia or bad connection somewhere else).

Honourable mention at this point for O_O who plays on GA DM from JP and gets a reasonable number of tricky headshots regardless*, but I think most people are much more likely to stick with a server if it offers good ping.

Other things that have united players in WB past have been servers with community events, active and unbiased admins, intelligent server rules and good map rotations with community maps. Once upon a time this would not have seemed like a lot to get together, but these days, there aren't enough capable players to contribute to a lot of that stuff or who think it's worth doing.

When RDP clan's own easup_fabules first (and last) visited Hamor's duel server, he accrued a perma within a minute, after going 3-0 with ping jumping between 400-1200, finishing off his hat trick with a second quickdraw headshot on Hamor himself.

Meevar the Mighty said:
It's a good idea, but it'd never result in good pings for anyone; they'd range from playable (Sydney/JP with good connection), through barely playable (Melbourne/Korea with good connection) to unplayable (Regional AU, 3rd world SE Asia or bad connection somewhere else).

Honourable mention at this point for O_O who plays on GA DM from JP and gets a reasonable number of tricky headshots regardless*, but I think most people are much more likely to stick with a server if it offers good ping.

Other things that have united players in WB past have been servers with community events, active and unbiased admins, intelligent server rules and good map rotations with community maps. Once upon a time this would not have seemed like a lot to get together, but these days, there aren't enough capable players to contribute to a lot of that stuff or who think it's worth doing.

When RDP clan's own easup_fabules first (and last) visited Hamor's duel server, he accrued a perma within a minute, after going 3-0 with ping jumping between 400-1200, finishing off his hat trick with a second quickdraw headshot on Hamor himself.

Ahh well, I guess this would only work for Western Australians, Chinese, Japanese, Singaporeans and Malaysians. All these groups with proper routing should be on the order of 65 ping or less. Unfortunately it will take a while for a future Sydney Singapore link to get something like this working for Sydney siders as well.

NE AU, surely? It's WA, TAS, NT, NZ and to a lesser extent VIC and SA that I would expect to have a problem. For QL and NSW it should be pretty viable, though not ideal - it would be nice to put a server up for international events or something, though I don't see it working as an everyday thing.

While China is close, doesn't the Chinese government saboutage their international ping or something? They always get higher latency on AU servers than US players do.

Meevar the Mighty said:
NE AU, surely? It's WA, TAS, NT, NZ and to a lesser extent VIC and SA that I would expect to have a problem. For QL and NSW it should be pretty viable, though not ideal - it would be nice to put a server up for international events or something, though I don't see it working as an everyday thing.

While China is close, doesn't the Chinese government saboutage their international ping or something? They always get higher latency on AU servers than US players do.

Western Australia has a direct Singapore to Perth link which means getting 55 ping to a Singaporean server is viable, but this link doesnt seem to be consistent. I know in the past I've played on a few Chivalry and counter-strike servers in Singapore with decent ping, but it certainly isn't decent at all times. In certain circumstances, data seems to route to Singapore via Japan (giving a horrible 180ish ping), yet other times it will route directly. In regards to Chinese routing, I have no idea; I know Singaporeans can get decent pings to some points in China, so I assumed it would be the same in the opposite direction.

Source: Live in Western Australia, and Singapore is actually closer to Perth than Sydney is.

Fair enough. I just figured the connection to Asia would run up through QLD, since it has a higher population and is closer to our nearest neighbours, but it looks like we have several going N and E out of Sydney and there's a seperate one from Perth to Singapore, which should be about the same speed.

Meevar the Mighty said:

RomaN hasn't used the forums in years and that 'quote' is fake.
My duel server has been down for four months.
I never perm banned Aussies off my duel server.
You have never beaten me for 3-0, we have dueled once I believe, I remember destroying you on catfarm some months ago after poshcock asked me to come on, we were both rusty.
GoN has been outdated for nearly a year.
Johns duel server? you mean the nonexsistent KEEN one 3-4 years ago?

Everything coming out of your month is nonsense and makes you look like an imbecile that hasn't been following the warband community for years. On a positive note
Warband has been quite active recently, 40 players minimum now on every night which is mostly due to the UOG (LCC without baanus) split.

Back
Top Bottom