{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl_GFSjRESk

Also, I think this is quite appropriate to add
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXpj3x2oLho

330ed09.jpg

Hey guys,

I was saying on voice comms the other day that I wasn't GON Admin anymore.

Turns out I was wrong. It's just that all the procedures have just decayed/changed and I can't log in to anything anymore, but I still have the position.

Guess I just assumed that they'd have stood me down for going AWOL cause I thought I deserved it.

Might try for a GON reboot.

- Latest patch
- Wipe clean all the dodgy customisation I experimented with, but then:
- Put in a map rotation full of small, fast maps to cater to low player numbers (I made three of them ages ago that never got used)
- Ensure I don't add terrible maps. I admit I've added some pretty terrible maps in the past.
- Eliminate server-killers from auto rotation such as: Khergits, Village, Large plains, Ruined fort, Forest Hideout, 
- Avoid weird stuff that kills classic Warband atmosphere, such as that map on MOV where there's just a massive tower in the middle of a courtyard and everyone just rides cav around in circles... WTF is with that?
- Soft TK settings to make trolling harder (save the Gondor)
- Ban all keenAdminister justice with impartiality
- Fix the ladders (lol, running joke)
- Slightly more generous gold settings, let the newbs and tryhards (like me) suit up if they want, let em have their fun.

And yeah, game's dead and all, but at the same time it's never dead. This could be approx. 27% worth the effort.

thanks labszlo,

we have had some nights when there has been 35+ on battle, but this is GameArena Battle, with that hermit admin that goes by the name as "TGD_RomaN"

ACC1, me, and a few others have been trying to revive warband other the past month or so (as you saw when you came onto the VOIP the other day). Come on more often labo, thx.

you have banned me on a few keys without any reason Labszlo, wipe the ban list.

thanks brothers, thanks,

thanks,

kaz

Laszlo said:
Hey guys,

I was saying on voice comms the other day that I wasn't GON Admin anymore.

Turns out I was wrong. It's just that all the procedures have just decayed/changed and I can't log in to anything anymore, but I still have the position.

Guess I just assumed that they'd have stood me down for going AWOL cause I thought I deserved it.

Might try for a GON reboot.

- Latest patch
- Wipe clean all the dodgy customisation I experimented with, but then:
- Put in a map rotation full of small, fast maps to cater to low player numbers (I made three of them ages ago that never got used)
- Ensure I don't add terrible maps. I admit I've added some pretty terrible maps in the past.
- Eliminate server-killers from auto rotation such as: Khergits, Village, Large plains, Ruined fort, Forest Hideout, 
- Avoid weird stuff that kills classic Warband atmosphere, such as that map on MOV where there's just a massive tower in the middle of a courtyard and everyone just rides cav around in circles... WTF is with that?
- Soft TK settings to make trolling harder (save the Gondor)
- Ban all keenAdminister justice with impartiality
- Fix the ladders (lol, running joke)
- Slightly more generous gold settings, let the newbs and tryhards (like me) suit up if they want, let em have their fun.

And yeah, game's dead and all, but at the same time it's never dead. This could be approx. 27% worth the effort.

Thanks Lazlers!  Hope to see you on again

Laszlo said:
- Avoid weird stuff that kills classic Warband atmosphere, such as that map on MOV where there's just a massive tower in the middle of a courtyard and everyone just rides cav around in circles...

Tower in the middle with courtyard surrounded by palisade, big field for horsies to ride around, forest at the edges and some windmills etc?

I remember when some whizz kid put that map up on GoN after making it and then banned me for comparing it to the classic warband map it replaced at the time (ruins).

Good luck to all the server magnates, pretty sure the game isn't going to have a single server's worth of regulars again though. The clans are gone and the dregs that do play don't know what battle mode is. Great to see some stable servers and admin presence again, but something is missing from the 500 native slots we have atm.

Meevar the Mighty said:
I remember when some whizz kid put that map up on GoN after making it and then banned me for comparing it to the classic warband map it replaced at the time (ruins).

That guy sounds like a legend.

I remember the warmest feeling I got when thorn described fighting me as a waste of time... Well I'd like to let you all know that I have recently graduated to low grade threat.  Thank you, and can I get a cookie or some sort of muffin as a reward for my efforts? 

Yes yes, RIP warband AU etc.

Either I've gotten drastically better (unlikely), or the average player is now less intelligent than potato.

This makes me sad.

Back
Top Bottom