In Progress Attacks randomly ignoring block

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Basically this patch 1.6.1 and it was happening in the playing I did on 1.6.0 since I've been back at bannerlord I've noticed that even while blocking with a shield, in the proper direction enemy attacks will randomly pass right through and still hit me.
These aren't last second attempts where I'm too slow it will happen when I'm already holding and ready and my character still gets blasted. It's random but losing the odd tournament or bandit base duel like I just did because of it is pretty tedious.
I somewhat recall something about a rework of blocking but not sure which patch it was in offhand maybe that has something to do with it. In games on older versions I did tons of tourneys and duels without encountering this but now it seems like I can count on at least a couple stray hits to ignore my shield every single tournament.
How to Reproduce: I would say do random tournaments and it should happen pretty quickly, Battles are a little chaotic to notice if its happening or not.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats no mods.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Well that didn't take long, joined a tourney right by where I loaded my save and this is the from the first swing coming my way in the first round lol. Anyway as my character moves up and starts to circle shield raised you can see me take a hit the problem is I never let off block on my end.

I'm sure I could do several and make a little compilation, it isn't every time you will have the odd tourney where all is good but sometimes you'll have a few or more hits acting like your not blocking. I did try a few tourneys intentionally dropping my shield and only weapon blocking after I made the first post and short of me messing up here and there when I should've successfully blocked those worked every time so that's good.

Still playing a save on 1.6.0, and I can confirm this happened to me several times in Bandit Hideouts. I can send a save file is more information is needed. But, in the situations where this happens, its about 1 in every 4 hits seems to completely bypass the shield and cause damage, even if I am walking with the shield held up. As the OP stated, weapon blocks do not seem to be affected. Seems to be restricted to just shields.

Back
Top Bottom