Need More Info Attacks and Blocks get stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
I never had this issue before but lately ( around 1-2 weeks) they started to appear when my attacks or blocks get stuck and i have huge imput delay.
Today i was on siege server and it happend again but i was ready for that you can see i press block/attack once and he is just holding it.And in video (fa148e1c1ec3a62b2862ebbc6814e897) you can see i was pressing attack multiple times but he didnt react. Was playing whole day skrimish and duels and was working perfectly but then....
So i went on EUDuel server and happend again and i had perfect ping 29.
Then i went on third server called EU_SaB_Tourmanent_I again had perfect ping
and then i restarted my game
Computer Specs:
GPU: 1080ti Aorus
GPU Driver Version:461.92
CPU:i7 7700k
RAM:16gb
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 970 EVO m.2
Couple days ago i was playing skrimish and everything was working fine and when round started my mouse died was working on deskop in discord on character selection screen but when round starts its not working, Sadly couldnt record that to show it

Last edited:
Some of our team including myself have experienced the same issue during multiple games today, 2 of us tried to restart our clients and that seemed to have solved it for the remaining 2 games but it could also still be due to it just being different games. My ping was 15 so it definitely didn't have anything to do with my connection.

Okay, so recently I got a bug - the game seems to be changing sensitivity in the middle of a fight - making it lower for some reason.
Today I experienced the same issue as Delonghy did - I couldn't attack without clicking twice, also my sensitivity suddenly dropped, and sometimes I couldn't attack at all. All this happened after 4 skirmish games with no such troubles. I'm using Razer Viper, performed a clean Razer Synapse install today - didn't change anything. I don't have any sensitivity changes in other games or my desktop. While I was having this issue I could alt+tab and the game cursor worked as expected.

I thought my mouse was broken when this happened to me. My block would stay held until I clicked to undo it. Seemed to mainly happen to me starting yesterday.

Last edited:
Can you try to reproduce this issue on singleplayer as well? Video or a gif on singleplayer even if it does not happen would be great.

Ready and block animations have client prediction. Meaning, the client still play this animation without waiting for a reply back from the server. But this is not the case for the release animation of the weapon.

For example, when a server crashes you can see this in action. You can ready your weapon but can't release your weapon because there is not a reply coming from the server. There is not any confirmation from the server on ready animations, because of this reason this also needs to happen on Singleplayer as well.

this looks like the server not responding on time, I had similar issue.
Sometimes it's a late attack, sometimes my character runs extra distance
my guess is: the problem actually happens on the "packet drop/lag" tag. it should show up, but it didn't.

this looks like the server not responding on time, I had similar issue.
Sometimes it's a late attack, sometimes my character runs extra distance
my guess is: the problem actually happens on the "packet drop/lag" tag. it should show up, but it didn't.
That actually is the issue. At the start of Warband MP, certain servers had the same problem. The server just doesn't respond in time for blocking and sometimes striking animations. Meaning, you won't physically be able to block some hits, because the server does not respond to you pressing the rmb in time.

Back
Top Bottom