ATS Formation Battles, and Server Status. (pics and Videos)+poll, updated May29

Vote for the following that interests you:

• Fast battles, minimal walk time.

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Regular maps like ruins etc (smaller maps)

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Formations

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • Squad/friend system

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • Practice before game (while waiting people to show up)

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Balanced troop types among the team (restrictions)

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Varied troop types (no restrictions)

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Roam around/stick together instead of formations

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • OPEN_FIELDS mod (Large maps)

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Flanking tactics (with the cost of more time being used for maneuvering)

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Introduce new mods and cycle rotate them for events

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Atlas Novus Mod (more and varied troop types)

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Optional trainings

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • 1 leader that controls all (avoids multiple commands)

Votes: 41 40.2%
  • Strict vent control (minimize unnessary chat and comments about battle)

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Freedom of speech on vent

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • ATS on one team vs Public

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • A mix of ATS in 2 teams

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't get that video, it's a huge failure of the cavalry... No kills, two horses stopped in the charge, two not even close to hitting...

delra said:
I don't get that video, it's a huge failure of the cavalry... No kills, two horses stopped in the charge, two not even close to hitting...

It's just a demo of what we were doing in the training, we dont neceesarily need to kill alot, and read my comment on youtube:

As you can see from the video, frontal charges dont go too well, we are expecting to do charges at the flanks instead of the front. This video is just a demonstration of what we are trying to achieve, in terms of teamwork.

Next organized battle I'll record from an infantry point of view (which is tonight I think?). If you feel like doing a bit extra editing, could incorporate multiple viewpoints for any given battle, especially if on the opposing team.

By the way, I like the slow-motion effect; additional effects in future videos will make them more interesting and attractive as well. :wink:

Last night's event wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the event held last Wednesday. It felt even less organized than the normal battles on your other server. Though, to be fair I was in the pug group, and our tactical playbook consisted of 1) group up and 2) move in.

I don't really feel like M&B lends itself to rewarding gameplay for small squads. And for those of us without a squad -- forget it. We were a useless rolling zerg of auxiliaries. Perhaps, however, a compromise could be reached. Maybe those who are fortunate enough to belong to a clan could all play a single troop type, and make use of their synergy that way e.g. ATS could play Cavalry on team 1. Of course, I'd also like to do away with the squads being sequestered in their own private channels. That was the silliest part of the whole evening. Ventrillo apartheid must end if nothing else!

Puresinette said:
Last night's event wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the event held last Wednesday. It felt even less organized than the normal battles on your other server. Though, to be fair I was in the pug group, and our tactical playbook consisted of 1) group up and 2) move in.

I don't really feel like M&B lends itself to rewarding gameplay for small squads. And for those of us without a squad -- forget it. We were a useless rolling zerg of auxiliaries. Perhaps, however, a compromise could be reached. Maybe those who are fortunate enough to belong to a clan could all play a single troop type, and make use of their synergy that way e.g. ATS could play Cavalry on team 1. Of course, I'd also like to do away with the squads being sequestered in their own private channels. That was the silliest part of the whole evening. Ventrillo apartheid must end if nothing else!

We are still looking for ways to improve our events and provide enjoyable moments. You could also vote on the poll if you haven't yet. Your comment is greatly appreciated.

Tropical Coke said:
I agree with Pure. It basically turned into a ridiculous pub. It wasn't organized and felt silly.

Personally, I'm very focused on formations and tactics. As you can see in the cavalry leadership in the video, it's not difficult to form and use formations at all. We may not be recruiting cavalry at the moment but we are forming a new Javelin squad for special tasks like infiltrating/protecting archers.

Back
Top Bottom