ATS Formation Battles, and Server Status. (pics and Videos)+poll, updated May29

Vote for the following that interests you:

• Fast battles, minimal walk time.

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Regular maps like ruins etc (smaller maps)

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Formations

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • Squad/friend system

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • Practice before game (while waiting people to show up)

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Balanced troop types among the team (restrictions)

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Varied troop types (no restrictions)

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Roam around/stick together instead of formations

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • OPEN_FIELDS mod (Large maps)

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Flanking tactics (with the cost of more time being used for maneuvering)

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Introduce new mods and cycle rotate them for events

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Atlas Novus Mod (more and varied troop types)

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Optional trainings

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • 1 leader that controls all (avoids multiple commands)

Votes: 41 40.2%
  • Strict vent control (minimize unnessary chat and comments about battle)

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Freedom of speech on vent

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • ATS on one team vs Public

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • A mix of ATS in 2 teams

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Official ATS Warband Website:
http://atswarband.com/

Server status: (may not be updated right away)
ATS_Ventrilo_US: Online - 200slots
ATS_Playground: Online - 10slots, for 400bots army managment battle

Upcoming schedule:
- no events until July and futher notice

Formations Guide

Hi all,

We are doing Organized Battles twice a week (for now) and may do more if there's enough request.

FAQ:

(1.)  Q: What is this all about?
      A: This organized battle event is more like a social gathering by M&B fans, getting on ventrilo, commuicate and fight with/against each other with well planned strategy and formations. We play it like a strategy game.

(2.)  Q: Is this ATS only?
      A: No, this is open for public as well as ATS.

(3.)  Q: What do I need to do to get an entry?
      A: Simply hop in ventrilo, and talk to one of the ATS members.

(4.)  Q: Any rules?
      A: Treat others like what you expect to be treated.

(5.)  Q: How will this be planned out?
      A: Each team gets to vote for a commander, squad leaders for inf/cav/arch, then the rest is up to you. Discipline is the key here. If anyone is disobeying orders or being immature, report it to ATS.

(6.)  Q: Do I need to bring anything?
      A: Please dont bring your girlfriend in.

(7.)  Q: Any requirements?
      A: Mature, team oriented mind, and a mic. And possibly mods. If you have no experience in mods, install it ahead of time, so we can help you out with any issues that may occur.

(8.)  Q: How many people were in the last event?
      A: Approx. 50

(9.)  Q: Where is the server located?
      A: USA

(10.) Q: How long does it last?
        A: As long as you can, but usually 2-3 hrs when peopl start going to bed. We might pick an earlier time depending on requests. (btw, what's the acronym for postpone?)

(11.) Q: When does it start?
        A: The next event is on April 21st wednesday night 6pm pst, and we do head counts a few hrs prior to the event. Upcoming schedule will be annouced during/after the event, or simply ask ATS members if you missed it. (use time zone converter)
            http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

(12.) Q: Is ATS recruiting?
        A: Yes, we are looking for mature and team players, pretty much like (7.)

(13.) Q: Where do I get the ventrilo info?
        A: Join our server, ATS_Ventrilo_US, and you will see it under "game rules" by pressing esc.

(14.) Q: Any special events besides "Organized Battle"?
        A: We also have "Pre Game Practice", you can practice whatever you want with squad/team, as long as you dont interupt others. (On plains). Available at 5pm pst, one day before the event starts, and the day "Organize Battle" starts.

(15.) Q: What does ATS stands for?
        A: Among the Shadows

(16.) Q: Do you have a website?
        A: Yes, we have a website specifically for warband, visit http://atswarband.com
Feel free to post any questions that you may have, faq will be updated......

Game settings for the event:
- Manual block
- FF on, 100, no return ff
- Spectator view will be limited to "teammate's view"
- no combat/round bonus for fair fights

Mods that would be used, and Installing Guide:

Installing Guide
OPENFIELDS
AtlasNovus

Training: Pre Game Practice
- Open for everyone in ventrilo
- Server will be available for practice right before Battle event, or by request

Looking for squad specific positions (inf/cav/arch)
- have interests in the specific role
- teamwork
- enjoy tactical moves

Pictures:

Videos:
Organized Event (One of the Battles)
- April 18th - Battle Event #1 Shield wall on Hill (PM me if you were the leader of the team)
- April 21st - Battle Event #2 Cavalry formations and tactical maneuvering (Led by Random_ATS)
- April 28th - Battle Event #4 AtlasNovus mod, desert map (Led by Ecko_ATS)
- May 2nd  - Battle Event #5 Line Battles, using Invasion Mod (Led by Ecko_ATS)
- May 29th - Unofficial Line Battles, initiated by GL, ATS, and public players

This following video is not from organized battle event, just a random battle that I recorded some time ago. I was amazed by how the public can do teamwork on their own.

Training Camp
1 - Cavalry Couching (Trained by Random_ATS)

Fraps was used to take pics and videos, if you have any pics or videos from the event, pm me

Special Thanks:
- Guttorm (OPENFIELDS map modder)
- Harmast (AtlasNovus modder)

We are accepting donations to improve/increase/maintain servers, and you will get something in return (pm for details).
Donations will only be used on servers and I'm not gaining $.

Also looking for modders, pro logo designer, and pro video editor.

Oh wow like a regular version of formation battle sunday, fantastic. If I've done the conversion right it looks to be on at 1am GMT though, so I'll probably have to give it a miss.  :sad:

mckchun said:
This following video is not from organized battle event, just a random battle that I recorded some time ago. I was amazed by how the public can do teamwork on their own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aguO1jOoGes

You clans are just the same as the public, you just have the added perk of voice chat  :wink:. The Norsemen and 22nd servers are pretty good for teamwork and formations too, although you always get the 1 or 2 fools who'll rush off alone to take on an entire Swadian cavalry charge by themselves.

Point is this is not just a clan event, this is a public event run by our guild, all are invited, first come first serve. Our servers also have a public vent available to those who play on them.

I see from the video that you condone ghosting?  That's rather gamey.  :???:

I'd like to participate in the next one, though.  I was going to show up last night but I didn't get around to it.

EDIT:  By the way, it's "cavalry", not "calvary".  :wink:

I would love to join, but my mic doesn't work with my computer for some reason. I have a Turtle Beach headset that is supposed to work with my 360 and my PC, but my PC doesn't acknowledge its existence.

thegamerofdoom said:
I would love to join, but my mic doesn't work with my computer for some reason. I have a Turtle Beach headset that is supposed to work with my 360 and my PC, but my PC doesn't acknowledge its existence.

shoot me a pm, and see if I can help

Scientia Excelsa said:
I see from the video that you condone ghosting?  That's rather gamey.  :???:

I'd like to participate in the next one, though.  I was going to show up last night but I didn't get around to it.

EDIT:  By the way, it's "cavalry", not "calvary".  :wink:

We dont encourage ghosting, and we'll work it out on next event.

Larken said:
Oh wow like a regular version of formation battle sunday, fantastic. If I've done the conversion right it looks to be on at 1am GMT though, so I'll probably have to give it a miss.  :sad:

You clans are just the same as the public, you just have the added perk of voice chat  :wink:. The Norsemen and 22nd servers are pretty good for teamwork and formations too, although you always get the 1 or 2 fools who'll rush off alone to take on an entire Swadian cavalry charge by themselves.

hmmm 1am. If you are really interested, we can try arrange one event 6hrs earlier (afternoon for us, and night time for you). But looks like you are from europe, which may get high pings.

SpankytheMighty said:
That chick Faye is especially hot, imo :!:

you sure have some special taste

SockMonkeh said:
I'd like to get in on the next one. I don't know if I'll be working over-time that day, though. :sad:

hi welcome

We do head counts approx 3hrs before the event, at that time you can pm me whether if you are coming or not.

Yep, good times.

The stakes seem a lot higher as well as the mounted tension that builds while each team tries to out maneouver the other until engage orders are given.  Teamwork is far more fun imho, than the random Battle induced kill fest.

"The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf"

Tropical Coke said:
Was very fun, I had a great time until I had to leave.

That's when fun was not fun anymore.

froggyluv said:
Yep, good times.

The stakes seem a lot higher as well as the mounted tension that builds while each team tries to out maneouver the other until engage orders are given.  Teamwork is far more fun imho, than the random Battle induced kill fest.

"The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf"

Ya, we are still at early stage in terms of forming up, maneuvering formations. Things will get better with more practice, and we will soon see more "tidy" and different kinds of formations and coordinations.

I'm utterly in on this on the days I can make it. It's going to be a headache finding a mic again, it's been so long since I've done organized gaming  :oops:

Back
Top Bottom