ATS Formation Battles, and Server Status. (pics and Videos)+poll, updated May29

Vote for the following that interests you:

• Fast battles, minimal walk time.

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Regular maps like ruins etc (smaller maps)

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Formations

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • Squad/friend system

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • Practice before game (while waiting people to show up)

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Balanced troop types among the team (restrictions)

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Varied troop types (no restrictions)

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Roam around/stick together instead of formations

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • OPEN_FIELDS mod (Large maps)

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Flanking tactics (with the cost of more time being used for maneuvering)

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Introduce new mods and cycle rotate them for events

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Atlas Novus Mod (more and varied troop types)

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Optional trainings

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • 1 leader that controls all (avoids multiple commands)

Votes: 41 40.2%
  • Strict vent control (minimize unnessary chat and comments about battle)

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Freedom of speech on vent

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • ATS on one team vs Public

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • A mix of ATS in 2 teams

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Just wanted to bump this topic for the good of the community.

By the way, ATS, I was that "random guy" on your vent last night. Was a blast hanging out with you all listening to your shinanegans. Some interesting characters you have in your clan.

Okay, this completely convinced me to get warband.  All the videos I watched on youtube were just people running around randomly killing each other which is not the way I envisioned warband.  This is what I dreamed it would be.  I'll be there once I can get the 'net at my new place (troubles with that, as it seems to be an illegal suite).

Lord Bryggan said:
Okay, this completely convinced me to get warband.  All the videos I watched on youtube were just people running around randomly killing each other which is not the way I envisioned warband.  This is what I dreamed it would be.  I'll be there once I can get the 'net at my new place (troubles with that, as it seems to be an illegal suite).

I'm glad our event convinced you to get warband, just remember we only do these events twice a week right now since its me setting it up. Once ATS gets a little bigger and the events get more popular, we might have them more often. Until then, people do just run around and kill each other on our server.

Well that's ok as I will need time to hone my basic combat skills.  Until then I could be an effective yet brief arrow receptacle.

As far as the formations and manouvres go, what sort of advantage does it give you against a rabble?  Have you tried that yet?  Do you absolutely dominate or just gain a slightly higher kill rate?  I guess I'm asking if the game is geared towards organization.

Ok, I just watched the 'random battle' video and saw them all get slaughtered when they broke formation.  That is a good thing.

depends on battle size. if its 5 or less on each side, your not gonna want formations. If its 32 vs 32, you bet your ass formations will help because stragglers get picked off one at a time. If you have lets say 6 cav, 10 archers, and the rest infantry, your pretty much set to go. We try and keep it simple when we do formations in our public events, because we dont force anyone to practice. Shield wall is mobile cover for archers, and Ball formation is for defending against large groups of cav. If you have enough infantry, Box or phalanx is good too.

We don't always have events where we do formations though. We like to keep changing things so the events don't get boring.

You can watch more videos of our events at our developing website www.atswarband.com

Awesome video. That was a kick ass event last night. Lots of fun.

I'm glad that the video was short and only showed me killing the deserter and not getting my ass owned every round  :smile: We need more events.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
Did you take video of the desert battle too?  I see a video of an old desert battle and I assume u did it again?

Yes, but I'm waiting viperior to send me his video recording so we can get two different views in 1 video.

Based on the other videos you guys have posted, I could see why you would say Sunday wasn't the best event, but it was still a lot of fun.

I personally would like to participate in more formation battles with native units. Those shield walls are fun as hell. I think there's a lot of room for some interesting scenarios you guys could put in place. Maybe set up a couple matches with a team of 5 or 10 in the best equipment fend off a team of 25 or 30 in their underpants and axes. Or a round with no archers, just javlins. Just random things like that I think could be a lot of fun.

Striker_KOJ said:
I think there's a lot of room for some interesting scenarios you guys could put in place. Maybe set up a couple matches with a team of 5 or 10 in the best equipment fend off a team of 25 or 30 in their underpants and axes. Or a round with no archers, just javlins. Just random things like that I think could be a lot of fun.

It's possible, we can have one round of "screwing around and have fun", at the end of event, like 5 elites(lots of $ and armor) vs 50 peasants (naked with basic 1h spike).

But nothing is certain yet, we will see if time permits

mckchun said:
Striker_KOJ said:
I think there's a lot of room for some interesting scenarios you guys could put in place. Maybe set up a couple matches with a team of 5 or 10 in the best equipment fend off a team of 25 or 30 in their underpants and axes. Or a round with no archers, just javlins. Just random things like that I think could be a lot of fun.

It's possible, we can have one round of "screwing around and have fun", at the end of event, like 5 elites(lots of $ and armor) vs 50 peasants (naked with basic 1h spike).

But nothing is certain yet, we will see if time permits

yeah fail im really loved the invasion mod at the end of the one event.

Back
Top Bottom