Need More Info At the "end of battle" screen, game always freezes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: At the "end of battle" screen after having finished a game of captain or skirmish mode, where it shows the score and stats of the match, the game always freezes and it doesnt leave the game however the characters are still moving (their idle animation i guess), so its like the game hasnt crashed but its not leaving the game for me so i have to manually quit the game...this happened after i downloaded 1.6.2 update.
How to Reproduce: Launch bannerlord multiplayer, click captain or skirmish mode and then finish the game and at the "end of battle" screen, where it says Victory and shows score and stuff the game always freezes and it doesn't leave the game to the menu however the game is still running in the background and i can tell coz i can see the characters moving, aka their idle animation is still running.
Scene Name (if related):

Media (Screenshots & Video): this screenshots shows the end of battle screen where it always freezes and i have to manually quit, this happens right after i downloaded the 1.6.2 update.
unknown.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: rx 6700 xt
GPU Driver Version: latest
CPU: i5 9600kf
RAM: ddr4 16gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ssd

Same. Done three rounds now and the same result after each. Game hangs on the victory/defeat screen. If I quit out after a while (left it for about 5 minutes both times) it tries to reconnect/re-login but gets stuck there too. Left it the first time for about half an hour to no avail; second time about 5 minutes. Third time I just alt f4'd after it hung on the victory screen.

Big PITA to close out and re launch each time.

Can you send us the file below after reproducing this issue again? Please keep in mind that the log files will be reset when the game is launched again. It is crucial that you should upload the files right after the issue has happened. Please also note that the ProgramData folder is a hidden folder by default.
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_xxxxx.txt
You can send me the file via email to arda.gunduz at taleworlds dot com Please include the forum threads URL so that I can find it easily. Thanks!

I'm not sure if the game generates a bug report in this situation, since I only have to close it using the task manager. But I will definitely follow your instructions later today if this "armor" menu hang continues. Thanks.

To investigate the freeze issues we need you to create a dump file and send it to us so that we can investigate the issue with more data.
  • Navigate to the game's installation folder. Navigate to the bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder.
  • Write cmd to the address bar.
  • If your issue is in Multiplayer, paste this command line and press enter:
    Bannerlord.exe /multiplayer _MODULES_*Native*_MODULES_ /anticheat
  • If your issue is in Singleplayer, paste this command line and press enter:
    Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_
    This will launch the game without the launcher.
  • When you launched the game this way play the game until the game freezes.
  • When the game freezes open the Task Manager and find BannerlordStarter under the Processes tab.
  • Right-click on BannerlordStarter and press "Create Dump File".
    This will create the dump file which has the data we need to investigate the issue.
  • The dump file will be located in the \AppData\Local\Temp location. The name of the file will be Bannerlord.DMP. The file size will be around 2.5 GBs but it mostly has empty memory files so zipping it will get you around 200-250 MBs file. Please select the highest compression level when achieving the dump file.
  • After this, you can send us this file via upload.taleworlds.com. Please don't forget to include this forum thread URL in the description box so that we can find the related topic. If you can't upload it to the site for any reason, you can use any other file share website and send us the download link.

Back
Top Bottom