Asymmetrical characters' faces

Users who are viewing this thread

Human faces normally have some asymmetry, but it's not blatantly obvious for most people. The NPCs in the game have a higher percentage of seriously skewed faces, sometimes to the point where they look deformed. It's not the "fact" that's the problem, it's the frequency and severity. When entering a town or village sometimes makes you feel like you've walked into an asylum, it clearly needs a bit of tweaking.

Human faces normally have some asymmetry, but it's not blatantly obvious for most people. The NPCs in the game have a higher percentage of seriously skewed faces, sometimes to the point where they look deformed. It's not the "fact" that's the problem, it's the frequency and severity. When entering a town or village sometimes makes you feel like you've walked into an asylum, it clearly needs a bit of tweaking.
I think eyes are the problem, mouth nose etc. looks good but gosh those eyes are terrifying... I feel like they look into your soul

I think eyes are the problem, mouth nose etc. looks good but gosh those eyes are terrifying... I feel like they look into your soul
I think its the expression animations that make them look like that. The neutral faces usually look alright, but when they smile at you their eyes just look insane.

Looks like a bunch introverts to me. you can clearly see the internal screaming.
Or extroverts who put up an face for way to long without really be able to say what they really mean :wink: Like those cerial commercials on a bad day after couple of years of constant acting nice when they are really constant **** talking behind each others back as well as cheating with each others friends just to keep some blood floating out from their non satisfying life ^^ Since we must admit they are never satisfied

Last edited:
Face asymmetry most commonly observed in humans isn't about crooked mouths and noses or misaligned eyebrows. It's about subtle differences in eye socket height and eye-nose distance, asymmetric wrinkles around the mouth and nose and mostly the jaw alignment because of orthodontic natural development.

The asymmetry slider throws the right side up and left side down or vice versa and that makes characters with that slider on the extremes looking like they had a stroke. Pretty funny imo. Calradia is definitely a stressful place to live. Also, that explains why it's so easy to end up with Stallone in character creation

Face asymmetry most commonly observed in humans isn't about crooked mouths and noses or misaligned eyebrows. It's about subtle differences in eye socket height and eye-nose distance, asymmetric wrinkles around the mouth and nose and mostly the jaw alignment because of orthodontic natural development.

The asymmetry slider throws the right side up and left side down or vice versa and that makes characters with that slider on the extremes looking like they had a stroke. Pretty funny imo. Calradia is definitely a stressful place to live. Also, that explains why it's so easy to end up with Stallone in character creation
lol but wise said :smile:

There have been mods to improve the NPC faces. I guess we can fall back on that if nothing else.
Mainly just need to tone down the asymmetry ranges.

Yea it is pretty easy to mod actually... The ability to have so much asymmetry available is actually useful when you're looking at making Orcs or Ogres or some such, but they need to tone their range a bit for the base game faces I think.

Also, the lightning is kinda flat on their faces and combining that with the lack of some skin texture and the lightning of the scene not matching with the characters, it doesn't look good at all. It will be a 2021 game so we should get a bit more quality? ?

Back
Top Bottom