MP Assists

Users who are viewing this thread

Right now (according to some folks I've spoken to) assists are only given if you deal 50% of the damage to someone and then they are killed. (Please correct me if this is wrong). This is resulting in a poor representation of how players are performing in the game. Assists to me should indicate you were involved in a kill in some way shape or form. Right now they indicate that you nearly killed someone but he was finished off by someone else before you could.

IMO this is not right, and I'm aware it's probably like this to balance out the gold gain in TDM and Siege, but that could be balanced by reducing the gold gained from assists in the first place.

Assists could/should be given for the following:
-Damaging an opponent within the last 30 seconds of them being killed
-Damaging/killing a horse that is mounted
-Damaging/destroying a shield of an opponent within the last 30 seconds of them being killed

This covers everything from horse bumping, shooting with an arrow at the same time as someone swings to open the opponent up, kicks, shield bashes, throwing weapons, spear stabs etc.

I think you only need to deal 30-40 (points, not percentage) damage to get an assit. It was changed at some point in the beta, maybe with the TDM harbour map, but I'm not sure.

Last time I checked it was 40+ damage in melee, lower for range (maybe 30) and only one person can score an assist. Assists are incredibly simplified in this game and as you said, not really showcasing much of anything.

I think you only need to deal 30-40 (points, not percentage) damage to get an assit. It was changed at some point in the beta, maybe with the TDM harbour map, but I'm not sure.
points kinda translate to percentage right?

Idk if they can even track the horse? A better assist system would be nice.

If you do more than 30 damage that should count as an assist regardless of the time of death. There's no healing in this game so agency isn't relevant as long as the final blow is achieved.

It is a bit annoying that you could headshot someone for 98 and then a horse bump them and get a full kill while you just got an assist. Damage would be a good stat to have as well.

Killing horses (that have a mounted rider) should also count for the score. But I feel like score isn't super important compared to other issues with the game, namely game responsiveness.

Back
Top Bottom