Assigning troops into group 5 makes them spawn next to enemy in battle!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Tommy121

Recruit
Happened now on several occasions. Assigned my Tier 6 troops into Group '5' only to see them in horror spawn right next to the enemy army in battle - several times. Good bye elite troops that i had spent hours grinding.

And please FFS, stop making the game Auto-Save after you have exited a battle!!! Arrggghhhh!!!!

Last edited:
It doesn't always autosave after battles though. I actually haven't been able to figure out the criteria for when it autosaves. Sometimes it's before a battle sometimes not, sometimes after, sometimes when changing scenes...

Yeah I had the issue of some troops spawning near enemy but didn't know the reason of it. This might be it because I use my companions in the heavy cavalry section and they sometimes spawn next to enemy positions. I remember that I had this issue on village maps but I don't remember if it is happening on open field maps.

Yes, known bug which I've been whining about for months. I took advantage of the situation and put all my trainee / meat shield troops in group 5, knowing they will fight first. This only seems to happen in Village map

I think there is a bug where any group 5 or over, in a village map, gets placed ... ??? random location ? center of the map ? There is also a similar problem with the "Ambush" map (recessed middle path with high mountain surrounds) where Cav (III) and Horse Archers (IV) are placed in their normal location (flanks of the infantry) which on this map is actually on the moutains ... "WHINNY! ... CRASH" as horses fall off the mountains !! ... VERY STUPID !

It only happens on village maps, not open field battles. Groups 5-8 spawn either with the enemy or very close to them and away from the rest of your men.

This also happens on hideouts. Groups other than Inf, Rang, Cab and Rang Cab are bugged and spawn near enemies. They fix groups assignment resetting but they still spawn in wrong locations. I think the problem is game engine and AI don't know what to do with units in other groups. I also have problems if I have my units grouped differently than standard and join army the AI commanding in battle don't use them. They stay at spawn point.

It doesn't always autosave after battles though. I actually haven't been able to figure out the criteria for when it autosaves. Sometimes it's before a battle sometimes not, sometimes after, sometimes when changing scenes...
Always does for me if I quit before a battle has ended

Back
Top Bottom