Assertion failed!

Users who are viewing this thread

well was playing just now and game crashed to desktop on me and i got this error:

Assertion failed!
Program: …
File:.\src\agent.cpp
Line: 7390
Expression: new_position.z > -49.0f

Was a C++ error, hope this helps!

Yeah these are really annoying, I suppose I will tag the one I'm getting onto this thread.

assertionfailed.png

With this error it pops up as soon as I go into Multiplayer and the server list displays. If I hit ignore I can continue but I practically have to spam click Ignore and it is just basically unplayable. Unless of course, I get a streak of luck and the error doesn't come back for awhile... But that has only happened to me once and for like 2 minutes.

Voso said:
Yeah these are really annoying, I suppose I will tag the one I'm getting onto this thread.

assertionfailed.png

With this error it pops up as soon as I go into Multiplayer and the server list displays. If I hit ignore I can continue but I practically have to spam click Ignore and it is just basically unplayable. Unless of course, I get a streak of luck and the error doesn't come back for awhile... But that has only happened to me once and for like 2 minutes.

I think I have just managed to fix this one, I had the same problem however after hitting ignore i clicked 'start search' in the server browser before the error came back and after it had refreshed my server listings I didnt have the error again. Maybe its something to do with the fact your server listing is old from the previous patch if you havent been able to update it since because of this error.

It works kind of, I almost love you. Just do what Rich said if you get this error, it worked for me for awhile then it came back I got one round done fine and it returned.......

yeah, i managed to play deathmatch for about 10 minutes or so using this trick before it crashed again...  oh well hopefully they will release a new patch soon

Yeah, I had to install the game on my crappy fileserver.. But I guess I am testing its performance on low quality computers for now.................

Ive found I still get the error every now and then when a new round starts but pressing ignore resolves it and I can continue.

EDIT: The errors started coming back in force so I have tried something else which seems to be working, I set M&B to have affinity with only 1 core of my dual core machine. Ive come across errors before now to do with timing on a dual core as the software gets into a state where it reads from either core. I cant really say its worked yet since the proof is in the lack of errors however no errors so far, so I will have to see how it goes.

hmmm good idea lord rich, i'm going to try it right now :smile:

Edit after trying:  It works... somewhat...  I am able to actually join a game and play for a little while, before I get an assertion error, at which point I pressed "ignore" and it put up a hint error... tried three different servers, same result, i can play for 5-10 minutes before it does it, guess i have to wait for the next patch.

I havent had any assertion errors since I started running M&B in single core mode, in fact the only assertion error I did have was once when I actually forgot to set it to use 1 core.

If anyone else has been getting these errors do you have a dual/quad core machine ?

I've got a dual core opteron (server version of athlon) system, and never had an error before this patch.  That reminds me, I was manually setting the processor affinity using task manager once the program was started, I'm going to try using the "force single threading" option in the initial configure menu now

Back
Top Bottom