Assassins in Motion (Idea: Trailer Video)

Users who are viewing this thread

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hey guys,

I've got an Idea:

We should produce an epic trailer for Assassin Hunt!

So, what would we need for that?

- First of all: Players! It should be a trailer showing both ffa and tdm mode, and we need many players, especially for tdm.
- Of course, we need to film some different situations on different maps.
- Some 2d Art would be cool, too. (We need ot include some really cool arts in the video, I think)
- Another nice Idea would be to make a smaller film in the film, like showing a Town Guard that get's hit by a bolt (for example) and having the shooter in a smaller film box in one corner.

OK guys, let's go! Come up with ideas for the trailer. How should we do it, what should be in it, how long should it be? The stage is yours...

I can help you either in server, or writing a story with splofot. No artwork thou, or posters, as Belendor would quickly bite my throat...  :mrgreen:

Ok here are my suggestions for video.

One, use this music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Zzqv57JOg&feature=related

Second:

I suggest a video with many fades, because it greatly suits the music. For example. The music goes on and you see an assassin with a dagger running towards a guard, we could do some camera effects as a persecution in first person or similar. The scene slowly fades out. Then with fade effect present a scene from inverse angle, a guard running to the body of a merchant dead. Then the assassin hiding between the crowd.

The first minute of music video is ideal for this.

Then we can have a persecution in the mazes of the street, in this case 2:19 to 2:50 is ideal for this. Also 5:20 is very very good for a persecution scene. with blood and etc. The squaky sounds we can use them for daggers flying in the air.

3:30 onwards in the music video (yes you all recognise that rythm  :mrgreen:) We must present the army of guards and or/ assassins, for example guards protecting a target, when the music ends, a dagger is thrown and gets into the eye of the merchant or guard.

4:45 onwards there we can present the artowrk for Assassin Hunt. Maybe you can make an animation of the letters burning and stuff.

What do you guys think?

The music video is epic, a friend of mine did it :razz:

I'm producing an Intro for the Video we will capture maybe. The program I'm using is a very new program for me but I think I can do it. :smile:
If I have a good Intro I'll upload it on YouTube or something else and maybe you can give me suggestions. But I'm not a pro in producing Intros and because of that I don't know if I can realize every suggestions but I'll try it. :wink:

IT-Killer

What program do you use?

I suggest After Effects, although anyone is cool enough. After effects is the one I use. Good job man, and tell us when it's finished.  :mrgreen:

Atm I'm using Sony Vegas Platinum HD 11 Trial. But I think I'll buy it in the next few days. I'm not a friend of cracking programs and because of that I'm not using Adobe AE although I think you can create a lot more videos with this. But I think the program I use is good enough for this intro. And as I said I'm not a pro in creating intros but I'll do my best :smile:

Good job man, and tell us when it's finished.

Of course I will do :wink:
But I'm thinking about how to make a few good effects. Maybe you have any ideas what I can do. Or maybe an example which is not to complicated.

Good luck with this.

Thank you!

IT-Killer

For the effects, if you could make a dagger animation been thrown, such as rotating it across the screen, then landing on some point, and slowly fade in the artwork, that would be awesome. That technique is really used in many game trailers and else.

I suggest you take a look at the Dragon Age introduction. But don't make it that complicated  :wink:

make a dagger animation been thrown, such as rotating it across the screen, then landing on some point

Yeah that's a good idea. Well but I'm not good in making animations but I think it's not very difficult to do this in SonyVegas. And if it's difficult maybe I can ask Fox for making an animation of that. I'll see what I can do. Thank you for this idea.

IT-Killer

I don't really like the idea of making a video to a music song. Should be the other way round, making a video and then mixing together a song for it.

edit: And the music may be great, yes. But it does not really fit to the mod. There are no epic big battles with hundreds of soldiers here. The music could play in Lor dof the Rings Movies and things when the giant armies of Orks besiege Minas Tirith and things like that. That would fit, but not for an Assassin that murders a town guard.

Patta said:
I don't really like the idea of making a video to a music song. Should be the other way round, making a video and then mixing together a song for it.
I initially thought that he was presenting multiple soundtracks so that the one who's making the trailer choose one of them. I mean, you can't just create an 8 minutes trailer with parts from multiple soundtracks...

You weren't thinking of doing that Duke, right?

Troubles said:
I initially thought that he was presenting multiple soundtracks so that the one who's making the trailer choose one of them. I mean, you can't just create an 8 minutes trailer with parts from multiple soundtracks...

You weren't thinking of doing that Duke, right?

Yeh, the idea was that Patta and Killer could choose whatever theme they liked from the video I presented to you guys.
Of course you don't have to use all of them or any of them  :smile:, besides, it is true Requiem for a Dream is very overused (even though it is one of an epic soundtrack); the idea was that in between the collage of music you found something of your taste.

I think we can maybe add some parts of this mix, but as Patta already said many of these parts will not match an assassin fight. There should be a quiet music and if there's a dangerous part in the video the music will get more loudly and kind of "aggressiv" or so. Or the music also could stop for a while and a music with a scary effect could be played. Well give us suggestions or examples and we will see what we will add in the video. Fox is working on an animation for the throwing dagger which will appear in the intro. I will add this animation in the intro. And I hope you will be surprised when you see the video :wink:

IT-Killer

Hmm, i got knowledge in both FLStudio and After Effects. I will surely try to come up with something. :smile:

Thread Title changed! :wink:
We really need to do something for this, a trailer would really make people interested in the mod. So pls, give me (or Killer, or whoever wans to do it) concrete ideas on what to show and how to do it. That could bring us the much needed players.

Back
Top Bottom