Assassin's Creed: Origin (where the bull**** all started)

Users who are viewing this thread

So anyone plan on getting this?

Seem they took the time to work on this one unlike previous games and I'm a sucker for Cleopatra.
The new RPG mechanics look nice.

I just wish it was a normal egyptian game and not an assassin's creed.
I grow tired of the whole templar-assassin war.

Run around and collect collectibles so you can level up and kill higher level enemies the same way you killed lower level enemies.

Cmon Ubisoft, at least Shadow of War has one unique mechanic.

I would advise anyone to stay clear of the game forums.
/pol is currently undergoing an invasion of everything related to Origins.

Seriously, these /pol kids need to be put in their place.

Not going to touch that game. It has lootboxes that are obtainable, if indirectly, using real money. Any company that employs such gross, predatory schemes to rip money from its customers doesn't deserve anybody's cash.

I'm a sucker for the setting, but I'm hesitant because of Ubisoft. I'll probably watch some videos of it, and if it's good wait until it's cheap to buy.

I just wish they went with "Less is more" with the weapons. Hidden blade, sword or a long dagger (not both), and a shortbow. As it is now, all the characters are a walking armoury, and look like they wouldn't be able to climb things or move around properly without getting snagged on something. Never mind that they look highly suspicious and glaringly stand out from every single other person (even their co-assassins).

I tend to really dislike any game where every goddamn thing is designed to be climbed on. Not only that, but Ubisoft open worlds are really crappy - go from camp to camp doing the same ****.

Scuba Steve said:
I'm a sucker for the setting, but I'm hesitant because of Ubisoft. I'll probably watch some videos of it, and if it's good wait until it's cheap to buy.

I just wish they went with "Less is more" with the weapons. Hidden blade, sword or a long dagger (not both), and a shortbow. As it is now, all the characters are a walking armoury, and look like they wouldn't be able to climb things or move around properly without getting snagged on something. Never mind that they look highly suspicious and glaringly stand out from every single other person (even their co-assassins).
But you have a hood. That makes you invisible, right? Right?

It's funny because at this point I don't think Ubisoft even really wants to do the near-future plotline, they just are basically constrained to it by the first few games. Patrice Desilets, the original creator, apparently wanted the whole story to wrap up by the third numbered installment, but he got canned right after Brotherhood, and there was no way Ubisoft was flushing what had become a cash-cow franchise down the toilet, hence the half-assed conclusion to the third game and the extremely mediocre sideshow that is the "modern day" segments of the recent games, which have atrophied severely.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Fortunately they are now repurposing the naval elements into a straight-up pirate game, whether or not it will be actually good remains to be seen.
Primarily multiplayer and from what I've heard no land segments and automated boarding, so I'm not holding my breath.

Well, I didn't have to buy it, since I ended up receiving it as a gift. Gotta say, having kept my expectations of it low, I'm enjoying it so far. Definitely superior to Unity and Syndicate. Nice thing is you can toggle Bayek's hood, and when he's not wearing it, while he does still have that "armoury" look to him with the sword, bow, and shield, his clothing is actually kind of mundane and doesn't really stand out a heck of a lot. Another thing is doing sidequests and getting things related to them before you've actually been "issued" the quest results in some unique dialogue for doing it out of order. Not sure how far this goes into the game, but at the very least I've had it happen to me twice without even trying.

Hopefully this fun will last, and it'll actually be a solid addition to the series.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the game as well just the other day, and it honestly caught my interest. The world looks gorgeous, the art style is pleasing, and I think the new RPG aspects of the game really add to it. It gives you something to do after the main story is finished, as you can min-max your character and things like that. I'll probably pick the game up when it goes on sale somewhere.

What would reeeeally suck is if they keep microtransactions and paid loot boxes out for the first week or two of sales, then introduce them when nobody's looking. I have a feeling that's what they're aiming for since it doesn't really make sense for a game like this to have free loot boxes as it does now.

Back
Top Bottom