Assassins Creed MMCCCLVIII (ie 'Unity') Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen videos of people playing this and I'm not amused by how all the voice actors use British accents with some French words sprinkled on the top. Ubisoft is a French company.  :razz:

In all fairness, the game seems a bit more difficult than its predecessors but is still lacking in a difficulty setting.

ElderGeek has a good review.

Scorpia said:
I just look forward to slaughtering them in Rouge.
This is the first I've heard of that, so I looked it up just now. Apparently it's basically AssCreed 4 with a Templar and a more northerly setting instead of the ever so overused Caribbean. I can dig that. Though it's a shame they didn't name it Templar's Creed.

Goker said:
I've seen videos of people playing this and I'm not amused by how all the voice actors use British accents with some French words sprinkled on the top. Ubisoft is a French company.  :razz:
I suspect that's because ever since Monty Python, French accents are just inherently funny.

Goker said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdEsoPwoeJQ
Chainmail hood. Chainmail hood! :lol:

Scorpia said:
Orchid said:
Scorpia said:
Always gotta have an assassin waking someone up, explaining the same story of Abstergo...sick of it IMO...I just look forward to slaughtering them in Rouge.
And that's why we can't have nice things.
wat u mean?
He means that no matter how much people complain and then turn around and immediately buy from the franchise it won't matter.  As long as people keep just keep buying them on launch day at full price, regardless of quality, nothing will change.

It's got "Mostly Negative" reviews on Steam and is currently being outsold by Football Manager 2015. Maybe this will push them to actually innovate instead of iterate.

From someone on Reddit:

"I posted this in another thread but I figure some folks might find it helpful here. Seems like my thoughts are in line with some of the other reviews.

The game is a buggy mess, from texture pop-in to characters walking through each other (even in cutscenes!) to the game outright freezing for seconds at a time at random intervals on my PC. There's even some chests in the game that I can't open because Ubisoft is having server problems (wtf???).

Then there's the unlock system, where you spend points to get skills that in previous games you either had from the start or unlocked through story progression. And you get "Creed Points" (I'm not making this up) for completing "Assassin" actions, like using one of those lift things that propel you to the top of buildings when you walk/run into them. You actually get an on-screen notification each time you do this, and you rank up as you complete more and more actions. Also, there's not just Creed Points, but something like 2 or 3 other kinds of points as well which I don't fully understand yet. You can outright buy items, or "hack" them, not sure what that is as it hasn't been explained to me yet, but you spend hack points or something to hack... It's all really weird."

Later explained that "hacking" items uses real currency. Microtransactions in a $70 game... no thank you Ubisoft. I'll be sitting this one out. Maybe I'll watch it on YouTube with Adblock turned on, or buy it on sale when it's in the bargain bin because everyone brought it back.

Some chests can only be opened through some sort of companion app bull****. It was explained in the video I posted.

Those microtransactions seem ****ing amazing, by the way.

B2LTwkDIcAA064k.png:large

I hope you're being sarcastic about the micro-transactions. $99 micro-transactions for single player in a game that costs $70? Are they that hard up for cash that they need to do this?

IA said:
Scorpia said:
Orchid said:
Scorpia said:
Always gotta have an assassin waking someone up, explaining the same story of Abstergo...sick of it IMO...I just look forward to slaughtering them in Rouge.
And that's why we can't have nice things.
wat u mean?
He means that no matter how much people complain and then turn around and immediately buy from the franchise it won't matter.  As long as people keep just keep buying them on launch day at full price, regardless of quality, nothing will change.
Aye but atleast we can be an Irish rouge Assassin now Templar and almost wipe out the creed, including Connor, Achilles son, not Connor the Indian Assassin

Goker said:
Those microtransactions seem ****ing amazing, by the way.
Oh wow, that's incredible. $75 for a game, then another $100 for microtransactions? How the **** is it a microtransaction if it costs more than the ****ing game!? :lol: Someone at Ubisoft has clearly gone nuts, because no rational human being could have come up with this and thought it was okay.

Goker said:
Some chests can only be opened through some sort of companion app bull****. It was explained in the video I posted.

Those microtransactions seem ******** amazing, by the way.

B2LTwkDIcAA064k.png:large
Playing the game itself should be enough rather than paying to win/finish early. What a absolute shameful display of mega-transactions.

Holy ****. This is not going to work out for 'em.

Any word on the other assassins creed game they released having the same ****?

Scorpia said:
Why is everything censored!?!? And what is a micro transition ?!?!
I take it that you are new to gaming and the forum here. The censored stuff is because by default the forum censors swear words, but you can turn that off in your profile options. Microtransactions are additional purchases you can make in some games. They are supposed to be small, like a few dollars at most, for additional content (or items, boosts, etc in MMORPGs). Sadly they are usually a rip off and driven by greed rather than good gameplay and customer friendly decisions.

Havoc said:
Holy ****. This is not going to work out for 'em.

Any word on the other assassins creed game they released having the same ****?

I don't know yet but given that it was in Black Flag and now this one I'd be surprised if it wasn't in Rogue as well.

Kevlar said:
This thread is pretty funny of people bashing the game when only rebelknight probably bought the game.
Hey, maybe we didn't buy it precisely because there's a lot we don't like about it? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom