Assassins Creed III - trailer released.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the worst bit is there is a ****ing line of infantry ready to shoot you with muskets yet they still all miss and then just decide to stand around and wait their turn to hit you.

Verbeek said:
Arcadius112 said:
My only gripe is the hate on Redcoats, they said you'd kill Americans too but, none of that and I'm nearly done with the campaign itself. :mad:
I just iced some Americans in front of a store in Boston.
Well, you CAN kill them, but there isn't a single mission that actually requires you to, whilst almost every mission involves killing Redcoats. :razz:

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
I think the worst bit is there is a ****ing line of infantry ready to shoot you with muskets yet they still all miss and then just decide to stand around and wait their turn to hit you.
i-72D8k9f-X3.jpg

Wellenbrecher said:
Sir Hitson Winsler said:
i-72D8k9f-X3.jpg

I always had they impression that they wanted the combat to be somewhat Hollywood. So what they have done is fairly accurate.  :lol:

The combat, even from the first, has been ridiculous in the sense that you only fight one guy at a time. After 4 games of following that exact same formula it was foolish to think otherwise.

I borrowed it from a friend, and couldn't help but laught out loud when
Desmond confronts Vidic
near the end. It was that laughably awful.

You know, I just recently thought to myself -

They could make the current combat system absolutely work by giving the player LOWER. ********. HEALTH.

It would in fact be so simple to do yet sodramatically beneficial to the game.

It would encourage and make sense of non-chaotic approaches as well as give a reason to escape, parkour, and above all - It would be the rebirth of combat. Timing in combat would make sense again, and you'd get to truly feel like a badass when you manage to master the timing and kill a dozen of soldiers without dying. Just imagine how much more satisfying the combat would feel.(and it is pretty damn satisfying as-is.) I actually thought this would be the core of the AC series. ******** Ubisoft.

In short, you would feel like an assassin. In fact, if it was possible at ALL, I would install AC 2 just for that reason this very second.

As for the armors...1 chunk of hp early game, meaning you can take a hit, before you get into that dizzy animus state, nah, scratch that, remove that completely, at least for normal & hard. 2 chunks of hp mid game, and 3 chunks of hp late game, when it gets actiony and you get some beast armor.

Make the as-is system easy, make 5 hp chunks maximum for normal(maximum meaning total hp at the end of the game, when you buy the best gear), and three chunks of hp maximum for hard.

May be a wee bit off topic, but I just had to get that off my chest. :razz:

I agree with the above post. I think the non-stealth approach is used to much because you know you don't need to be stealthy and you know that you could sneak past a large company of redcoats but you also know in about 5 seconds you could slice them up with a mash of buttons.

They really need to bring the health down so that you can only survive 2 bayonet hits and since your pretty much a badass who can counter almost every blow there is no real room for complaint.

On the lower health system:
That and simultaneous attacks from multiple enemies.
It would force you to use your environment and different strategies in order to defeat or pass by a large number of enemies.
In short, making a kill or even two, three kills should be a piece of a cake for an assassin, but once you get more, you're getting ganged up upon and you have start moving.

Orchid said:
Ahri said:
My sequence 7 save just disappeared. :cry:
Ran into a similar issue with Revelations twice. As far as I know there's no other solution than to start over again...

I just went ahead and uninstalled it. Fun game but there's no way I'm replaying that intro again this year.

On the topic of Uplay -- it's a piece of **** and should be optional, not enforced. It wiped my Conviction save at least once back in the day, and it's obviously not going to stop. I think it feeds on anguish and grief.

Seconded, it's nearly as bothersome and destructive as GFWL. Haven't been able to play a single Uplay-enabled game online yet, even though I've tried each and every tutorial I found online trying to counter that problem. AC's multiplayer looks fairly dull and monotonous though, wager I haven't missed out on much.

I'm glad there's free aim now. I'm not glad that the controls are still ****ty.
To aim press 'F' to shoot press 'Q'. I don't recall using mouse button 2 a single time during past four hours.

I must say I've enjoyed this a lot during past day of playing.
Today something weird happened. I was started the native storyline, where you leave the camp and I basically aimlessly roamed around.
So I happened to come by this British fort, and my teenaged indian boy managed to kill the whole garrison and its captain, ignite the gunpowder storage and raise American flag in to the pole.
It's now under patriot control. This was baffling because no one ever gave me any flags and I've never spoken to any patriots. And after taking over the fort these people were treating me like a dog pushing me around and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom