Assassins Creed III - trailer released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Úlfheðinn said:
Let us be honest here, when have Ubisoft been known for the quality of their storytelling?  :lol:

Most of the plots of games they produce seem to be based on "You know what would be cool to have in the game.....?" or "What can we add to make the game/character/etc more bad ass?"
I dunno, I thought the first AC was pretty good in this respect.

Even the part where
godlike alien beings fall into the stereotype and seek for the regular guy who will save the world from its destruction
?

That seriously ****ed up the story.

Well yes, the whole Desmond framing device is stupid and pointless, but I liked Altair's character development and the little post-assassination dialog with the targets. That at least gave each of them some motivation and made them seem like real people. AC2 and onward had cartoonishly evil villains doing dastardly deeds seemingly for the evulz, which was a major step down IMO.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Well yes, the whole Desmond framing device is stupid and pointless, but I liked Altair's character development and the little post-assassination dialog with the targets. That at least gave each of them some motivation and made them seem like real people. AC2 and onward had cartoonishly evil villains doing dastardly deeds seemingly for the evulz, which was a major step down IMO.
I have to agree with these points. I especially liked the convos in the targets' final moments. And the fact that there was complex and overally thought out reason behind the killings.

Wolfhead said:
I'm weird.
I've read some of the lore and tbh, the templars vs assassins is a very clever and original idea. There's a wiki about it with several historical figures and such and what faction of the two they belonged in and what artifacts they carried (for example Alexander the Great carried an Apple of Eden at some point since he was a Templar). It's one of the few games where I tend to side with the "bad" guys.
But saving the world because aliens with insight instruct you so? I find it overdone and boring.

Hmm just saw the E3 trailer:lol:, awesome. Wasnt really interested in ACIII before, but now am pretty hyped up for it.
I was pretty dissapointed before, that they turned Ezio into a Chuck norris like superwarrior, but given the setting of ACIII, i am actually looking forward to playing as the lone indian that charges a battalion with a tomahawk and bow this time. :razz:

Ringwraith #5 said:
+1
I liked those post assassination dialogues.

Do the magical markers of fate and the alien gods still automatically drive your aim to the target or were such mechanisms buried in the past?

I thought my group from near the end of Throne of Baal was massively overpowered, but this Indian taking it to a whole new level. I am sorry for the Britons even more than for the Stormtroopers. Seems like authors dont know where the borderline between badass and ridiculous is. They should give him the face of Steven Seagal.

I found it to be hilarious to be honest. Bet the game won't show the leaders of the rebels drinking the Kings health each night early on in the war, or that most of the people who lived there didn't care for rebelling as they just wanted to get on with their lives, or the reprisals carried out by the rebels against those loyal to Britain. Nope it's just the bad, naughty English. Booo!

ronald_reagan_riding_a_velociraptor_by_sharpwriter-d55rsh7.jpg

I like the over the top badassery.

Call of Ass Creed: Injuin

Ah just saw the new one. I like.

I rather enjoyed this quote from the trailer:
[quote author=That little twirp in the classroom]
When I refuse to learn the history of a country I’ll never see!
[/quote]
It does explain things.

Wellenbrecher said:
Anyone else as appalled as I am at the tone and theme that new live action trailer wants to set? :neutral:
Propably not.

But I liked it. The trailer was about the revolution, so I dont see anything wrong with the overly patriotic tone.

Back
Top Bottom