Asking a Stupid Question re: The capabilities of the Modding Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So I was thinking about what will really needs to be done to salvage the game by modders..... and it struck me that in ALL of the videos I have seen of the scene editor in action... they have all been of the exteriors of castles.

I have not seen a single video of someone properly crafting an interior scene.

I assume this is possible and just as easily done with the modding tools?

Anyway, on a broader note, what do you think so far of the modding tools?.... are they good enough to achieve what needs to be done?

Last edited:
Most good mods were made before the mod tools were made.
I think the tools are more a esthetic mainly used for village scenes, but apparently, and I speak for myself, it doesn’t matter to me whatever they do inside cities and villages, because I just don’t even go there, I pass 99% of the game on the map, and the rest on the battlefield. Everything else was a waste of time by the developers. The game have gigabytes of scenarios and nobody goes there

Last edited:
Most good mods were made before the mod tools were made.
I think the tools are more a esthetic mainly used for village scenes, but apparently, and I speak for myself, it doesn’t matter to me whatever they do inside cities and villages, because I just don’t even go there, I pass 99% of the game on the map, and the rest on the battlefield. Everything else was a waste of time by the developers. The game have gigabytes of scenarios and nobody goes there

I hear you... but I hope that there will be increasingly be reason to visit scenes. Plus I'm sure the modding community will act to make the game considerably more meaningful in this way.

If the game ends up just being 90 percent a map game ... then I will uninstall it.

I hear you... but I hope that there will be increasingly be reason to visit scenes. Plus I'm sure the modding community will act to make the game considerably more meaningful in this way.

If the game ends up just being 90 percent a map game ... then I will uninstall it.
I love the game, and I would like it to be hugely successful, and I'm sorry for those who put so much effort into making beautiful scenarios, but that no one uses. Either because they don't fit in the mechanics of the game, or because there is nothing to do there, the cities and towns are a waste, of time, gigabytes, work, everything. And it is a pity, initially I use to visualize a mini Skyrim, such were the similarities. Someone could made a dungeon mod where we could explore to get some epic armor, but... Nothing.

This is the only interior scene I've come across:

Also don't forget to check out some other huge projects like In the Name of Jerusalem 2 and Kingoms of Arda. There are great hopes with all these ongoing projects. But don't expect them to be released soon since the game itself is still in early access.

Current official "modding tools" are more for visual stuff (map editor, armor editor, etc) than for actual new features. If you want new features or significant changes to current ones you need to modify original code with Harmony or something similiar. But certain things such as new animations or modification of AI of individual soldiers is very limited / not possible right now. Brand new weapon types (for some sci fi or fantasy mod for example) would be probably also problematic but maybe doable.

modders are the only hope for this game at this point. Absolutely no faith in the TW team anymore

Back
Top Bottom