• sometimes

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • rarely

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • never

Votes: 28 41.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen the Aserai regain their edge towns/castles several times before, but it does depend on where the army launches--if it's going for Huzn Fulq from Sanala, it'll probably lose the majority of its men before it can do anything significant.

I think the developers should get a little more creative with their castles and give them some food bonuses based on their location. So for the castle guarding the straits by Quyaz, place it actually by the water and grant it an additional +4 food or something along those lines, plus maybe a garrison boost. This would mean a larger garrison and one that can stay large with more food that is (ostensibly) being supplied via ship. Kinda like how Crete/Cyprus were able to be defended for so long against the Ottoman Empire. Same goes for all port cities--they should be the hardest to take since you can't simply starve them out with land forces.

I've seen the Aserai regain their edge towns/castles several times before, but it does depend on where the army launches--if it's going for Huzn Fulq from Sanala, it'll probably lose the majority of its men before it can do anything significant.

I think the developers should get a little more creative with their castles and give them some food bonuses based on their location. So for the castle guarding the straits by Quyaz, place it actually by the water and grant it an additional +4 food or something along those lines, plus maybe a garrison boost. This would mean a larger garrison and one that can stay large with more food that is (ostensibly) being supplied via ship. Kinda like how Crete/Cyprus were able to be defended for so long against the Ottoman Empire. Same goes for all port cities--they should be the hardest to take since you can't simply starve them out with land forces.
the army it self need help the cities are great

There are plenty of towns on the way. Just have them buy more food. Or keep 10% more then they are programmed to now. Not sure why they wouldn’t reload when they go into a city, as I’ve seen them take armies into cities plenty

There are plenty of towns on the way. Just have them buy more food. Or keep 10% more then they are programmed to now. Not sure why they wouldn’t reload when they go into a city, as I’ve seen them take armies into cities plenty
Part of that's been addressed in the recent beta patch:
  • NPC parties now also visit neutral towns and villages to recruit and buy food.
Before, AI lords were not allowed to visit neutral settlements to recruit or buy food. That was by design. I don't know if this change allows them to visit settlements on the way to a target or not, but it should prevent them from travelling all the way back home to get more food. I don't know how I feel about neutral armies buying food from my towns yet, but we'll see how this changes things.

Part of that's been addressed in the recent beta patch:

Before, AI lords were not allowed to visit neutral settlements to recruit or buy food. That was by design. I don't know if this change allows them to visit settlements on the way to a target or not, but it should prevent them from travelling all the way back home to get more food. I don't know how I feel about neutral armies buying food from my towns yet, but we'll see how this changes things.
It's only fair, the player can do it. Players are always talking about how unfair it is between the AI and the player.
Not sure what effect it will have though. Going to see lords with really mixed troops. Maybe they could prioratise recruiting their own culture or something.

It's only fair, the player can do it. Players are always talking about how unfair it is between the AI and the player.
Not sure what effect it will have though. Going to see lords with really mixed troops. Maybe they could prioratise recruiting their own culture or something.
That's true. Although AI lords are generally better at keeping up with the attrition taken from a starving garrison when all the food is bought out than a player is. It might suck to return to your town to see that 50 men have disappeared since your last visit, but I guess that's not a new problem. The maximum capacity of food stocks are higher now though, so that might ease the problem a bit.

Hopefully they didn't over do it with recruiting from neutral settlements thing too though. The player can generally only recruit from the first slot of a neutral settlement (on realistic), so hopefully a neutral NPC lord won't be able to clean out an entire notable's recruiting stock when they drop by.

The only playthrough I've seen Aseria do well is when they started a war with Vlandia, of course Vlandia was in a war with Western Empire and Battania too. They ended up taking a total of 4 towns and a few castles, of course as soon as the Western Empire and Battania turned their attention on them it was over they got pushed back all the way to Quyaz and never held on to anything. From what I've seen they defend well but they're much less aggressive at expansion then other factions.

That's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that port cities and castles (with some castles moved toward the shore to do more of this) should get a small bump to food production native to its location. More food means a larger garrison able to be kept and thus the port locations can act as better buffers to expansion. And since a port means access to elsewhere, maybe even a bonus to mercenaries so lords restocking there can have more troops to choose from.

It's not a true balance request, it's primarily flavor.

That's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that port cities and castles (with some castles moved toward the shore to do more of this) should get a small bump to food production native to its location. More food means a larger garrison able to be kept and thus the port locations can act as better buffers to expansion. And since a port means access to elsewhere, maybe even a bonus to mercenaries so lords restocking there can have more troops to choose from.

It's not a true balance request, it's primarily flavor.
the problem isnt the garrison actually aseria has the best garrisons the problem is lords and armies reaching cities

Like someone else has said, the Aserai don't really dominate, but they're never seriously dominated either. In my current Aserai playthrough, they're losing territory, but only because they're at war with the Khuzaits and an unchallenged Western Empire on two different fronts.

Although they have some nerfs and issues with their units, they're actually strong at higher tiers. And with the new shields they got, they're not so frail anymore.

Like someone else has said, the Aserai don't really dominate, but they're never seriously dominated either. In my current Aserai playthrough, they're losing territory, but only because they're at war with the Khuzaits and an unchallenged Western Empire on two different fronts.

Although they have some nerfs and issues with their units, they're actually strong at higher tiers. And with the new shields they got, they're not so frail anymore.
aseria mercenaries are stronger than the actual faction itself by alot i wish mercenaries get hired by their factions more often

aseria mercenaries are stronger than the actual faction itself by alot i wish mercenaries get hired by their factions more often
Most minor faction troops are stronger than their parent faction. Legion of the Betrayed, Skolderbrotva, Company of the Golden Boar, you name it.

Didn't read all the thread, I'm sure this has probably already come up.

Some of the same factors which make it hard for Aserai to expand (distance, limited access routes to/from their "home" area) also make it difficult for other factions to invade them. No, I've never seen Aserai steamroll like several other factions routinely do...but I've never seen them get wrecked like Sturgia often does, either. In all my playthroughs (5 or 6 by now, I guess) across the various patches, Aserai has pretty much maintained their starting size (17 walled fiefs), plus/minus a couple.

Back
Top Bottom