• sometimes

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • rarely

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • never

Votes: 28 41.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Aserai armies are usually wrecking the empire in battles that aren't simulated in my experience. I think i had almost 100 more troops from being a merc and assisted for loot to get smashed

heavy mamluk on horse with the Noble bow ? Or bardiches on the ground mamluk ?

Anyway, where cohesion breaks is where army runs out of food. And if they take bad routes and start from lol locations, thats it. They are on the maps edge so if the map gets bigger and there will be somebody below them ? Or to the east ? If there is a problem, it is not this faction-specific only. It does seem like 1-faction players who cry for their faction.

I like the fact that aserai are more "domestic" faction instead of "rampaging" one. Even if this was not deliberatly done via AI but just how it turned out. They are never first to fall, actually rarely they are being destroyed until very late game. This is fine IMO. Faction unit strenght is above average, terrain is hard to invade (however its hard to defend as well) making interesting map dynamics there.

IMO Aserai are absolutely fine for the moment, there are bigger problems occuring on 1.4 (Sturgia and Battania, AI, Lord and army stupidity, lack of building order, economy etc)

If Aserai are the worst faction, then why is there half a dozen threads about Sturgia getting steamrolled every game?
Aserai has a nice cluster of fiefs in the south and once they are down to those they are almost untouchable. They always seem to lose the east and west fiefs though, but that is it.
Sturgia on the other hand though have fiefs spread too far across the map. They have a castle which is smack bang in the middle of Battania and Vlandia territory. That castle is a lost cause from day one. Revyl and the castle near it are way out of the way and once they lose Varcheg they are pretty much cut off from them. Even the two castles south of Varcheg are too far out and easily taken.
I've noticed that factions that are spread out across the map (Sturgia, Northern Empire, Aserai) are the ones that always get destroyed first in most cases. Yet the factions that are more clustered always seem to do well.

If Aserai are the worst faction, then why is there half a dozen threads about Sturgia getting steamrolled every game?
Aserai has a nice cluster of fiefs in the south and once they are down to those they are almost untouchable. They always seem to lose the east and west fiefs though, but that is it.
Sturgia on the other hand though have fiefs spread too far across the map. They have a castle which is smack bang in the middle of Battania and Vlandia territory. That castle is a lost cause from day one. Revyl and the castle near it are way out of the way and once they lose Varcheg they are pretty much cut off from them. Even the two castles south of Varcheg are too far out and easily taken.
I've noticed that factions that are spread out across the map (Sturgia, Northern Empire, Aserai) are the ones that always get destroyed first in most cases. Yet the factions that are more clustered always seem to do well.
its harder to invade the aseria but its also harder for the aseria to attack
so the aseria stays idle until they are slowly eaten away
because strugia goes fast

its the fact they will 100% lose wars while sturgia can sometimes win over battania then start stream rolling

false

false

false

false

false

Have you backed any of your claims above, that's not just from your own experience of a few playthroughs?

Eager to see it.
Agreed. I’ve seen Aserai form a buffer on both fronts taking chunks of the Southern and Western Empires (in particluar if Battania pushes south and gets into a fight with them). This “they always lose” posting is just false information.
I’m not going to question what has happened in a person’s 1-5 attempts at the game, but these claims that it’s the only outcome is simply nonsense as too many of us have seen, and consistently seen, the Aserai hold their own and even Sally out and conquer

I like playing Aserai as "Proper Sturgia" at least what it should be not because of similar geographical difficult location ofc but their mammeluk top cavalry (druzhinik what supposed to be. Exmple - look at Sturgian nobles - heavy cavalry also shooting) and infantry (same with "berserkers") is precisely what I expected from Sturgia (being Slavo-Nordic faction though today many ppl can not understand beyond their nationalities ofc which were unknown that time to ppl who learned to speak several languanges probably more often that time than now:smile:)

Last edited:
Agreed. I’ve seen Aserai form a buffer on both fronts taking chunks of the Southern and Western Empires (in particluar if Battania pushes south and gets into a fight with them). This “they always lose” posting is just false information.
I’m not going to question what has happened in a person’s 1-5 attempts at the game, but these claims that it’s the only outcome is simply nonsense as too many of us have seen, and consistently seen, the Aserai hold their own and even Sally out and conquer
did they ever become a dominate force? we seen south empire do it
the khuzait do it
the north empire even do it
vlandia do it
stugia if they war only battania do it
battania if they only war west empire do it
west empire if they only war south empire do it
but did aseria ever dominate in your games? not hold (because no the logistics goes both ways)

I like playing Aserain as "Proper Sturgia" at least what it should be not because of similar geographical difficult location ofc but their mammeluk top cavalry (druzhinik what supposed to be) and infantry (same with "berserkers") is precisely what I expected from Sturgia:smile:
the units are amazing the problem is they are rarely used

In my games I never saw Western Empire even survive much longer than Sturgia or too often it is first to fall so I can not imagine them to dominate them Calradia. If there was some diplomacy - alliances then it would be much more chaotic but different.

the units are amazing the problem is they are rarely used
Yes it is problem for all to train units I guess but on the other hand when autocalc - simulated battles - all units are just tiers "levels" no matter what they have what is precisley opposite in actual combat not autcalc that equipment and weapon the most is the most important not much tiers or skills but it is EA so we still have hope:smile:

In my games I never saw Western Empire even survive much longer than Sturgia or too often it is first to fall so I can not imagine them to dominate them Calradia. If there was some diplomacy - alliances then it would be much more chaotic but different.
when they fight battania they lose
unless vlandia also attacks battania then west empire actually wins vs battania
west empire wins vs the southern(if not chewed heavily by battania)
if they fight the khuzait/vlandia they will be rekt
if they ve aseria/strugia they will become #1 faction
its rare but aseria winning is more rare

The difference between Sturgia and Asernai is their natural border. Yes, both have large distance to cover that make it hard for them to defend all at once, but here is the difference:

- Asernai: the disadvantage to them is also the disadvantage to their enemies. Because they only have 2 entries point, whatever army entering one point will have to cover the same distance the Asernai army do. They have the ocean/river as a natural barrier so no one can 'cut inside' their territory. Any attacker trying to reach Asernai's 2nd/3rd town will suffer cohesion/food problem.
- Sturgia: the disadvantage only apply to the defender. Because you can attack Sturgia pretty much at any point along their border.

These different even more significant in term of take and hold. Even if Asernai can't make it to defend their first town, they will likely be able to intercept the 2nd target in time even if their own army traveling from the other side. Also the remote location of Asernai means even if someone took their town, they have much better chance of regaining it, while Sturgia is pretty much doomed after losing a few because their whole terriority are most likely fragmented.

they 100% lose one pushed on by other factions
lords need to raise cohesion thats thier biggest issue
they lose the cities u siad early without a fight
and they keep losing cities to the side without a fight
the only reason they keep fiefs is long peace period witch is bad for them
any faction attacks the aseria always 95% loses
The points I made really have nothing to do with cohesion.

Here are three cases to back my point up that Aserai doesn't usually lose their core towns. This is the state of the world after 8 years without player interference in all three examples. These are all fresh games started after 1.4.0. I know it's only anecdotal, but my anecdotal evidence is just as good as your anecdotal evidence (of which you provided none).

Aserai is nowhere near in as bad of shape as Sturgia balance wise IMO. Does the AI behavior regarding armies and campaigning need work? Of course. But, army cohesion is just one small aspect of the total problem. You can't boil down snowballing to only army cohesion, because there are other influences at work too.

The difference between Sturgia and Asernai is their natural border. Yes, both have large distance to cover that make it hard for them to defend all at once, but here is the difference:

- Asernai: the disadvantage to them is also the disadvantage to their enemies. ]
not true because the enemy is more likely to be right at the border meaning they while have time to attack without being bothered because reinforcement from aseria take long while the enemy crawls into the desert and advances the aseria is still spread thin they can never group in time and even of they do they will break on the way allowing the enemy to take 1-2-3 locations without a fight because aseria are so remote they never go to war as much as other meaning realtions with king dont increase alot meaning that once they start losing relations will go to negative and lords will leave the aseria allowing the invader to snowball

The points I made really have nothing to do with cohesion.

Here are three cases to back my point up that Aserai doesn't usually lose their core towns. This is the state of the world after 8 years without player interference in all three examples. These are all fresh games started after 1.4.0. I know it's only anecdotal, but my anecdotal evidence is just as good as your anecdotal evidence (of which you provided none).

Aserai is nowhere near in as bad of shape as Sturgia balance wise IMO. Does the AI behavior regarding armies and campaigning need work? Of course. But, army cohesion is just one small aspect of the total problem. You can't boil down snowballing to only army cohesion, because there are other influences at work too.
if the enemy kept pushing they will be lost..... in your campains they stopped after taking multiable cities witch shows aseria cant defend
edit:and they are even worse at attacking

Last edited:
if the enemy kept pushing they will be lost..... in your campains they stopped after taking multiable cities witch shows aseria cant defend
edit:and they are even worse at attacking
The enemy didn't just "stop." They just weren't able to defeat the armies that Aserai formed to defend their core towns, and believe me they tried (i.e. they were stopped). "If the enemy just kept pushing" applies to all factions. If Vlandia "just kept pushing" they could conquer all of Battania, but Battania fights back and periods of peace happen on and off to allow the factions to regroup. Also, the AI does a great job of hiring mercenary clans to help fill out numbers when they are on the back foot, which allows them turtle up easier.

If you look at the case in the first picture, Aserai lost all territory west of Sanala/Askar and all territory east of Hubyar at one point, but were later able to get most of it back and then some. Aserai took Ortysia at one point then pushed forward and conquered Seonon, so they are absolutely capable of going on the offensive. They were reduced to their five southern most towns, then pushed out and conquered four towns and a bunch of castles. It's not just a one-way slow downward spiral every time like you're claiming. There's absolutely some give and take.

Last edited:
The enemy didn't just "stop." They just weren't able to defeat the armies that Aserai formed to defend their core towns, and believe me they tried (i.e. they were stopped). "If the enemy just kept pushing" applies to all factions. If Vlandia "just kept pushing" they could conquer all of Battania, but Battania fights back and periods of peace happen on and off to allow the factions to regroup. Also, the AI does a great job of hiring mercenary clans to help fill out numbers when they are on the back foot, which allows them turtle up easier.

If you look at the case in the first picture, Aserai lost all territory west of Sanala/Askar and all territory east of Hubyar at one point, but were later able to get most of it back and then some. Aserai took Ortysia at one point then pushed forward and conquered Seonon, so they are absolutely capable of going on the offensive. They were reduced to their five southern most towns, then pushed out and conquered four towns and a bunch of castles. It's not just a one-way slow downward spiral every time like you're claiming. There's absolutely some give and take.
they cant hold on and defend anything outside of the south
and this is more proof they play passive and idle
they lose the edges 100% they cant take it back go idle and in peace
meanwhile the other factions keep growing to eventually fenish off the aseria

Back
Top Bottom