Aserai troops

after reading the thread,do you think aserai needs better infantry ?

• yes

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • no

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

bannerknight

Recruit
Hello
I have been playing BL for a quite good time and spent over 50 hours splitten between captain mode and TDM and i have something to talk about which is Aserai lacks good inf troops.

I dont know why they lack heavy or medium armor though historically they fought with good armor and many inf had heavy chain mails on them beside good helmets and not just a turban covering their heads(which they wore to protect their faces from sand) .They also widely used an iron shields but in bannerlord all their shields are wooden and easily broken.

i imagine going into siege with 200 tribal warriors against 200 archers defending their city and what i can see is only a blood shed.

the aserai will probably have better high end troops in campaign, i assume the tribal warriors are supposed to represent low-mid tier aserai infantry.

Currently we have seen from the 2019 gamescom video the Aserai have 2 heavy infantry units the Aserai Veteran Infantry and the Mamluk Heavy Guards (Shock Infantry )

I always felt the Sarranids kind of had this problem. Their high end troops are proper tanks, but the bulk of their forces have a hard time going toe to toe with any other faction's infantry.
I hope the Aserai are better balanced to match the other factions. The problem with imitating historical lightly armed forces in M&B is that light armor mostly just means worse armor. Advantages of lighter kit like better endurance or reduced risk of a heat stroke aren't represented in the game.

I always felt the Sarranids kind of had this problem. Their high end troops are proper tanks, but the bulk of their forces have a hard time going toe to toe with any other faction's infantry.
I hope the Aserai are better balanced to match the other factions. The problem with imitating historical lightly armed forces in M&B is that light armor mostly just means worse armor. Advantages of lighter kit like better endurance or reduced risk of a heat stroke aren't represented in the game.
1+

Hello
I have been playing BL for a quite good time and spent over 50 hours splitten between captain mode and TDM and i have something to talk about which is Aserai lacks good inf troops.

I dont know why they lack heavy or medium armor though historically they fought with good armor and many inf had heavy chain mails on them beside good helmets and not just a turban covering their heads(which they wore to protect their faces from sand) .They also widely used an iron shields but in bannerlord all their shields are wooden and easily broken.

i imagine going into siege with 200 tribal warriors against 200 archers defending their city and what i can see is only a blood shed.
Aserai guard is insanely good in MP, they don’t need a better inf. Keep in mind that some other factions lack 1 heavy top tier unit too(battania - cav, sturgia - archers) while not even being able to swap it with other troops with near-same abilities but Aserai can. If you’re skilled enough you pick guard and game is easy for you

Back
Top Bottom