Aserai troop tree is a mess

Users who are viewing this thread

PAnZuRiEL

Recruit
So with the expansion of the Aserai troop tree to properly include the mamelukes, it's now pretty much a mess. The T2 Aserai Tribesman is as feeble as any other faction's T1 units, with only small equipment upgrades over the T1 Aserai Recruit and no increase in skills. The T3 Aserai Footman is as feeble as other factions' T2 units, and has skills to match. Otherwise the skill levels match their tiers, but the equipment and layout are kind of still all over the place. The T3 Aserai Skirmisher is a fantastic unit, wearing mail, using a shield and spear and sword and throwing weapons. It has superior equipment to the T4 Aserai Infantry, and it upgrades into the T4 Aserai Archer that has much worse armour.

So basically I think the T3 Aserai Footman should be T2 instead, as it more or less matches the T2 Khuzait Footman. The Skirmisher should probably upgrade into the Infantry, there should be a T3 archer unit, and the equipment of the whole tree needs to be rebalanced.

So with the expansion of the Aserai troop tree to properly include the mamelukes, it's now pretty much a mess. The T2 Aserai Tribesman is as feeble as any other faction's T1 units, with only small equipment upgrades over the T1 Aserai Recruit and no increase in skills. The T3 Aserai Footman is as feeble as other factions' T2 units, and has skills to match. Otherwise the skill levels match their tiers, but the equipment and layout are kind of still all over the place. The T3 Aserai Skirmisher is a fantastic unit, wearing mail, using a shield and spear and sword and throwing weapons. It has superior equipment to the T4 Aserai Infantry, and it upgrades into the T4 Aserai Archer that has much worse armour.

So basically I think the T3 Aserai Footman should be T2 instead, as it more or less matches the T2 Khuzait Footman. The Skirmisher should probably upgrade into the Infantry, there should be a T3 archer unit, and the equipment of the whole tree needs to be rebalanced.

Vlandians are no better. T2 is poorly equipped leading to low chance of this troop to survive until it lvl ups.
From 100 Vlandian recruits only 25 go above T3. The rest dies in the process.

Im fighting Aserai at the moment with my Khuzait Horde´s of Horses. And they cut my horses in pieces.
Yesterday a fight of 900 ( over 800 of them Tier 1 + 2 ) versus my 390 Army. 300 Horses. Most of them Officers.
I barely won with 20 surviving units after 3 tries.
Every other Race i beat with less than half Army loss.
The Aserai are good as they are. If their Job is beeing specialized in killing Mounted Armies.

Edit:
Im playing Easy on own Army. Easy on me. Means 75% Damage to my units

What would be great is if every faction had varying strengths and weaknesses. Some were strong Heavy Inf, some good at cav, some pike, etc. That's the ideal. But requires masterful balancing and effort. So I'm sure you'll eventually get what you want.

Imho most of the troop trees are a mess. Aserai and Sturgia are definitely up there in regards of WTF

Sturgian Druzhinik with their bow skills are giving me crippling depression every day.

What would be great is if every faction had varying strengths and weaknesses. Some were strong Heavy Inf, some good at cav, some pike, etc. That's the ideal. But requires masterful balancing and effort. So I'm sure you'll eventually get what you want.

That part is achieved with noble units. Standard ones shouldnt vary too much.

No reason to make Aserai troop tree stronger its already very strong.

A few weaknesses give character.
It's not about being weak or strong. It's about clear oversights. The Aserai Footman was clearly designed (looking at its equipment and skills) to be a T2 unit, but it's T3 by mistake. The Aserai Tribesman (T2) isn't even an upgrade over the Aserai Recruit (T1). Their stats are identical. It gets literally nothing but a better helmet. The Recruit is a new unit that was hastily added to the game when it was clear that mamelukes weren't available at all, but the ad-hoc "fix" to the unit tree left big problems and it needs another look.

Imho most of the troop trees are a mess. Aserai and Sturgia are definitely up there in regards of WTF

Sturgian Druzhinik with their bow skills are giving me crippling depression every day.
There was a game made that way. I can't remember the exact title but... something like Horses & Pikes: Battlegroup, I really don't remember ?

According to the story, the rebels came to destroy the empire, and then they settled in, but their only concern was money. The military tree, on the other hand, is a complex and medium-level military tree, as it should consist entirely of soldiers from the heads of the villages, and that's why you see a lot of vendetta.

Back
Top Bottom