Aserai always makes peace/war the first day of a new campaign - Beta 1.4.1 - 2/6/2020 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms
To reproduce the issue, just create a new campaign and check how Aserai always declares a new war or make peace with Southern Empire the first day. Thanks.

Summary: Same issue with the most recent hotfix, Aserai and Southern Empire immediately make peace on new campaign, tested it a couple time. Seems trivial at first but as they have the 20 day truce period between them they quickly choose another target and that raise serious balance concern for new playthrough. Western empire got quickly run over because of that on my test.

Despite that i didn't had new wars popping after loading a save, and peace/war declaration seems to work fine after for that.

Media (Screenshots & Video):
Fisrt daily tick of the campaign :
_NZdO.jpg

Western empire being ganged on, only 2 month after game start:
L82X4.jpg

Version: e1.4.1.230921
Installed community-made modifications: None

Yep, It looks like the same behavior can be seen in every new campaign and Western Empire gets wrecked really fast.

Aside from fixing the Aserai making peace in the first day, I think that something else should be done to avoid some factions fighting against two enemies at same time getting wrecked in few days. To be honest, not sure about what could be done but we should have something in order to avoid snowballing and factions getting destroyed in few days.

Maybe some kind of system which allows factions to play totally defensively when they are outnumbered by two enemies or something else.

Yep, It looks like the same behavior can be seen in every new campaign and Western Empire gets wrecked really fast.
Adding a "diplomatic cooldown" of a few days of interactions between factions would address this particular issue, though it's a lazy way to do it... Would rather see a more robust implementation actually emulating some kind of consideration and acting on that, rather than be driven by placeholder if/else clauses.

Aside from fixing the Aserai making peace in the first day, I think that something else should be done to avoid some factions fighting against two enemies at same time getting wrecked in few days. To be honest, not sure about what could be done but we should have something in order to avoid snowballing and factions getting destroyed in few days.

Maybe some kind of system which allows factions to play totally defensively when they are outnumbered by two enemies or something else.
Flip the defender's campaign AI behavior to focus solely on defense as long as there is large enemy presence in "their" lands. Implement AI suing for peace (with a cooldown period before the aggressor can again declare war on them) with one of the factions, at the expense of their finances, so they can focus on a single enemy. This is where villages as independent fiefs would've been really helpful as part of the bargaining process, so the defending faction could, at the cost of a fief, at least try to secure peace with one of the aggressors, but hey - Bannerlord "improvement" over Warband.

At least having "sue for peace" coding based on money alone (uugh, but whatever - castles and towns are too valuable to trade away that way...) would prevent a faction from being immediately ganked - at least as long as its ruler had money to pay off for temporary truce.

This should all (aside from switching to "defensive AI") come after doing some basic calculation of enemy forces, so two factions with comparable number of troops (for whatever reason) to the defender should be allowed.

tl;dr version: "Sue for peace" implementation based on money, "cooldown" timer in between diplomatic exchanges (at least the SAME ones), and in general "mods will fix it" :razz:

Like a smart AI? Sorry bro not in the next 12 months because of EA.....

And don´t you dare to claim that this is some useful stuff. You knew this game was EA! So don´t expect anything because of EA!

Be happy that you can even play this 50€ masterpiece right now! It´s EA!

We need to be happy that we at least get those patches after paying 50€, in the next big update they´ll even fix Khuzait chairs! So don´t talk about more important stuff! It´s EA!

In my games I always think "Oh god this sucks, I can´t sit down on those Khuzait chairs!". But they announced that they´ll fix this. Best EA ever!

THIS is what the community wants and needs! Who cares about broken perks/balance or missing some basic features! Sit down on those chairs!

As soon as I find a graphic designer I´ll release MY game on steam, you can´t do anything while playing it, but it looks nice and it´s EA! Will only cost like 20€ and it´s EA! You love it!

Last edited:
This is a bug report Thread, can you please vent somewhere else so this can be taken seriously by the staff ?

Definitely agree with this. Most of the rapid snowballing occurs when one faction gets assaulted on 2 fronts at the same time. Facing the same issue as OP, the Aserai/SE peace declarations results in Western Empire getting ganged-up on, and rapidly disappearing from the map.

Yep, and the issue is more evident when It happens at the begin of the game when all lords have veteran and troops, a lot of money, etc.

Back
Top Bottom