As new beginner

Users who are viewing this thread

Madhal

Grandmaster Knight
As new beginner i want some advise.

1.  Should i play first time without any mod.    Looks like there are a lot of great mods but for my first game i want mods only increase gameplay.

2.  My only complaint  about game for now is finding village elders.  Game has incrediable Tab button where you can go anywhere easly. Why didit they add that too :smile:

Thanks...

Madhal said:
1.  Should i play first time without any mod.    Looks like there are a lot of great mods but for my first game i want mods only increase gameplay.
I think you should begin playing without a mod; Most mods add tons of features and I think you'd have already an idea what the basic features are before getting more.

Madhal said:
2.  My only complaint  about game for now is finding village elders.  Game has incrediable Tab button where you can go anywhere easly. Why didit they add that too :smile:
Well, walk around a bit in vilages; the Elders are the only ones standing while the rest of the villagers are walking (he's there at night too, when all other villagers are gone to bed). The only other standing person in villages is the Nervous Man (murderer for bounty-hunter quest), and he's usually the only armed guy (he's asleep at night too).
Some mods add the option 'speak with the village elder' in the village menu (where are options like 'recruit volunteers', 'walk around' and such). The only one for Warband I know yet is the mod The Eagle and the Radiant Cross. That was the first mod I played as well (and, in my opinion, the best).

Madhal said:

Thanks...

Yep, Native is the best way to start off.

They didn't because they didn't though of that. Although diplomacy has it, you could try diplomacy out, but aware: Any mod runned on 1.143 will miss some items. Example : Helmet, Boots, Gauntelnets, Arrows

Cleomenes said:
Madhal said:

Thanks...

They didn't because they didn't though of that. Although diplomacy has it, you could try diplomacy out, but aware: Any mod runned on 1.143 will miss some items. Example : Helmet, Boots, Gauntelnets, Arrows
True for boots, gauntelnets and arrows but false for helmets. And you only miss these items in stores. They still exist and you can still find them after a battle.

By the way, how is it possible to be an "old beginner" ? :lol:

Zamensis said:
Cleomenes said:
Madhal said:

Thanks...

True for boots, gauntelnets and arrows but false for helmets. And you only miss these items in stores. They still exist and you can still find them after a battle.

By the way, how is it possible to be an "old beginner" ? :lol:

Yeah, I ment that. Thats the main but of taleworlds.

And yes, you can be an old beginner  :lol:

WuTaNiSt said:
Cleomenes said:
Any mod runned on 1.143 will miss some items. Example : Helmet, Boots, Gauntelnets, Arrows

Only if the mod has yet to be updated to 1.143.

Yep, I am running Diplomacy + 1.143 and it works just fine.

To the OP, I agree with the others, play native first then when you get used to it/start to get bored try out a mod. If you are like me and do not get bored easily with native but want a few changes such as being able to meet the village elder and whatnot I suggest Diplomacy mod.

You will have to meet the elder  at least once in each village but after that you will have a speak with village elder option in the village menu so you don't have to go wandering around in search of him. Same thing goes for the guild masters in towns. There are all sorts of other little additions that Diplomacy provides which make the game a little more interesting IMO.

If you decide that you really like Native and you want to keep native but just change a few things... like having to guide the cattle instead of having them follow you, or again having to meet up with a elder in town rather than meeting them from the menu, or even getting tired of hunting down that elusive ransom broker to sell your prisoners I suggest checking out TweakMB. TweakMB is not so much a mod as it is a tool to change things in native, or even in some other mods (it has a list that it supports). You can change anything from the stuff mentioned above (has option to let barkeeps buy prisoners) to how many arrows you get to how much you can bet on a tournament to how often you pay your troops..

I do urge caution with that last one though, it seems to tie in to when you yourself get paid so if you make it too long you have to really make your money last  :shock:

One thing with Diplomacy that you should know is that your weekly income, goes to your treasurer if you have one.

I just figured I cannot be the only person that is sitting there going "I just got paid why in Caladria am I still flat broke????"

You can dismiss him to allow you to collect the money directly but I find him useful for a number of reasons. 1 If you are captured only the money you have on you gets taken from you, not the sizable fortune you have stashed away in your treasury. 2 You can manage all your fiefs from one location so you don't have to go riding all over the map.

Few other odds and ends but thats the gist of it.

hrrm, indeed. Diplomacy is a good way to go after Native, but I'd still have ya play Native first. Just play Native, legit, without cheats, until you have a comfortable base, comfortable funds, and a comfortable number of troops.

Then you can work on getting better at things like mounted archery, lancing (i prefer spears through) and other gameplay that will help you survive in tougher mods. You will have leg room to experiment with the many things you can use in battle, and find what you like, what you're good/bad at, etc.

Because once you are no longer scrapping for money and using whatever is the best armor you can find in your loot- once you're buying whatever armor you want because you can afford it, you can afford to lose battles in this or that war, that's when you fully have the opportunity to actually "get good at the game" so to speak.

By that time, I would say you are ready to either go for diplomacy for a little change, or maybe a full on mod that changes everything, or do both! No one said you couldn't play a little of both to see for yourself

Native Expansion is a good mod that sticks with the basics of M&B that you will (probably) come to know and love, while adding more quests and such.  It also lets you talk to elders from the village menu XD

annallia said:
One thing with Diplomacy that you should know is that your weekly income, goes to your treasurer if you have one.

Which can be problematic if you only have a village, your treasurer is in the village and the village just got burned to the ground.

NukularPower said:
Native Expansion is a good mod that sticks with the basics of M&B that you will (probably) come to know and love, while adding more quests and such.  It also lets you talk to elders from the village menu XD
I know I'm not a veteran at this game but Native Expansion kicks your butt if you are a beginner. I have quit playing the mod (for awhile  :grin:) because I'd say approximatley 10 forest bandits attacked me...and they all joined toghether...near the start...right after I got my first 5 recruits. (facepalm)

chargers1783 said:
NukularPower said:
I know I'm not a veteran at this game but Native Expansion kicks your butt if you are a beginner. I have quit playing the mod (for awhile  :grin:) because I'd say approximatley 10 forest bandits attacked me...and they all joined toghether...near the start...right after I got my first 5 recruits. (facepalm)

Are you sure that is a Native Expansion thing though? I have run into parties larger than that of Sea Raiders and such right off the bat before... Hell I once got taken into a fight before I could even get into Sargoth..

chargers1783 said:
NukularPower said:
I usually run into parties of only like 10 bandits at the max (in native) but as the game progresses they get larger, what I meant was I had never seen so many bandit armies in one place literally in 1 minute. It'a like "HEY Imma go get some of them fine a** swadians then ya'll can mess with me. SO F*** YOU D*** FOREST BANDITS!" Then they called his brother and he called his friend and there was a party while they went ahead and... I don't want to talk about it  :cry:.

annallia said:
Ah I got you... 10 parties of bandits not bandit party with 10 bandits  :???:
Going back I see how you could have been mistaken I did not state my post clearly what deserves another facepalm for my ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom