As a Ruler you should be able to offer your own fiefs as part of payment for convincing lords to join, without the trader perk

Users who are viewing this thread

Blood Gryphon

Grandmaster Knight
I understand that trading fiefs is locked behind the trader perk right now, but I think that it should be unlocked for rulers when bartering with lords after the conversation to convince them to join. I also understand you can propose to change ownership of fiefs, but it doesn't make sense that i need to pay a lord to join my faction and then spend influence to vote to give my own fief to them. Giving the fief to them should be an option for the initial collateral deal. Also I am not suggesting you should be able to trade away other lords fiefs to new lords, just your own fiefs. It would make the process a lot more smooth, without forcing you to be a trader to effectively rule.

Also some kind of messenger that would take time to travel to the lord would be a great improvement over us having to chase a lord around the map (I wonder if the AI have to meet in person like us or if they just Auto offer and recruit people without meeting?). Even if it was like a companion quest where you have to send them with men to travel to that lord.

Also some kind of messenger that would take time to travel to the lord would be a great improvement over us having to chase a lord around the map (I wonder if the AI have to meet in person like us or if they just Auto offer and recruit people without meeting?). Even if it was like a companion quest where you have to send them with men to travel to that lord.

Messenger quest would be awesome, I think making it so you have to send with men would make the roleplay pretty solid too. I would love to be able to give orders to our parties in general.. I want you to protect my lands not die in foreign wars for a king who is going to keep all the spoils for himself!

I understand that trading fiefs is locked behind the trader perk right now, but I think that it should be unlocked for rulers when bartering with lords after the conversation to convince them to join. I also understand you can propose to change ownership of fiefs, but it doesn't make sense that i need to pay a lord to join my faction and then spend influence to vote to give my own fief to them. Giving the fief to them should be an option for the initial collateral deal. Also I am not suggesting you should be able to trade away other lords fiefs to new lords, just your own fiefs. It would make the process a lot more smooth, without forcing you to be a trader to effectively rule.

Agreed. That should be incentive for recruiting lords. It should still grant the player positive relations with that lord as well. Join my kingdom and I'll give you the following fiefs.

Make it happen TW.

100% agree. If I'm trying to convince a vassal to walk away from the income-bearing fief his family have owned for generations to come join my clan, what better incentive than to tell him I'll make him "Baron of so-and-so, with all the rights and perquisites pertaining thereto." Way better than trying to convince him to give up his property and holdings for common coin.

This makes sense, especially if it takes prosperity into account, as well as culture. If it were a "slider" to determine if the new fief was a upgrade, the settlement culture should mean that less of an increase in prosperity is required. Because having to leave your "home" and deal with foreigners should be worth some form of compensation in the form of an exceptional fief.

This makes sense, especially if it takes prosperity into account, as well as culture. If it were a "slider" to determine if the new fief was a upgrade, the settlement culture should mean that less of an increase in prosperity is required. Because having to leave your "home" and deal with foreigners should be worth some form of compensation in the form of an exceptional fief.

They could add functionality to allow you to gift multiple fiefs to recruit, so even if their previous fief was more valuable than 1 fief, you could give them a couple fiefs to increase their total holdings.

I started a new kingdom, I convinced a few lords to join and I can't give them fiefs because there is no option to do it. I also miss giving fiefs to your companions. I think at this stage of the game, custom kingdoms are barely playable.

I made a similar post but yeah this makes custom kingdoms virtually unplayable. I found a workaround pick up the character trainer mod and change the everything has a price from 0 to 1. You dont need to have the skill at 225 but you must have a little trade skill. Just dont use it to buy a fief.

I started a new kingdom, I convinced a few lords to join and I can't give them fiefs because there is no option to do it. I also miss giving fiefs to your companions. I think at this stage of the game, custom kingdoms are barely playable.

You can actually do this with Diplomacy Fixes. But only after you've convinced them to join already.

Back
Top Bottom