As a community we really gonna let people get away with personal harrasment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nobody starts crying if theyre called naughty words on the internet. They get sick of it and decide theres better things to do than play a game and have some 12 year old yelling slurs at them for 4 hours a day while theyre trying to relax, so they just leave the community instead.
If I go on a server, and I see 5 people typing the n word before I even pick my class, why the hell would I want to play there...
The whole sensitive **** and "just get a thicker skin" is a stupid defence for people to act like assholes. Warband was worse, so lets do better this time, instead of actively chasing away players that we honestly cant afford to lose.

And also ofc they prefer to keep being called "bad words" and keep crying about it instead of just muting the "offender".
And when they want them banned that's just effing hypocrisy. What's really worse, saying a "bad word" or literally preventing someone from having fun, not allowing them to play a game, possibly their favorite one?
If you're playing a game to spam edgy insults, you shouldnt be playing the game. Why should 90 people have to listen to you have a mental breakdown because you cant handle being shot by archers?
(Not directed at you, I dont know you)

I'd rather have 100 active snowflakes than 10 HURR MUH FREDUM OF SPEACH thanks.

Nobody starts crying if theyre called naughty words on the internet. They get sick of it and decide theres better things to do than play a game and have some 12 year old yelling slurs at them for 4 hours a day while theyre trying to relax, so they just leave the community instead.
If I go on a server, and I see 5 people typing the n word before I even pick my class, why the hell would I want to play there...
If seeing FIFA codes of Niger, and Germany put together bothers you so much, that you literally stop playing the game, it seems like you are indeed subconsciously crying, because otherwise, you would have simply ignored that, because it doesn't affect your gameplay IN THE SLIGHTEST.
The whole sensitive **** and "just get a thicker skin" is a stupid defence for people to act like assholes.
*smart defence
Because it makes a lot of sense, in contrast to what you, snoflakes, say.
If you're playing a game to spam edgy insults, you shouldnt be playing the game.
Do you realize that it's not the only reason they play the game? It probably isn't even one of the reasons.
Why should 90 people have to listen to you have a mental breakdown
People already mentioned in this thread the idea of simply ignoring, or even muting these people. So no, they don't have to.

if you can't do just that only one rule because you got angry after being killed and you have to say the n word then bruh can you just chill out
And how about people who are mad at others saying "bad words" chill out?
And besides there's people that literally target someone and go beyond saying "bad words" like vote kicking, harrasing them outside the game, ddos
Sounds like they had to have some reason for that, and it isn't something everyone could be a victim of.
As for votekicking, if people accept then probably something was up. If they don't accept the poll, then there is no problem.
As for harassing outside the game - if they do it outside the game, they shouldn't be punished in game for that.
Plus you can simply block them wherever they are harassing you.
As for ddosing, did that actually happen, can you give an example? Yeah, I thought so.
like you say, if those players are actively preventing those players from having fun, and actively trying to make the games worse for them, then why they should be allowed to play the game too?
If it's just saying bad word, that doesn't count as preventing someone from having fun lol, because of reasons I already mentioned.

Warband-related IRL murder
Another reason to ship the Oceania server to South America where these things never happen.
I thought it's the thing dude was earlier talking about. Or at least that it has to do something with warband. Nope. Just a murder, but murderers happened to play warband ?

And besides there's people that literally target someone and go beyond saying "bad words" like vote kicking, harrasing them outside the game, ddos like it happened a thousand times in Warband, again, like you say, if those players are actively preventing those players from having fun, and actively trying to make the games worse for them, then why they should be allowed to play the game too?
That's just obsessive harassment and intrusive. Let's make a distinction between harmless repartee in-between matches and actively attempting to choke the fun out of gameplay for everyone. There is a very clear line from mildly annoying to undermining gameplay performance, and you're pushing its boundaries when you argue for strict regulation on what words can or cannot be said, context or intention be damned. This is more a serious issue in competitive games, where muting voice chat puts you at a severe disadvantage, or two people arguing loudly over VC makes communication impossible, but unless some **** is about spamming in team chat so you can't strategize with teammates, there's no such impact chat will have.
Warband-related IRL murder
If that's supposed to be an argument for chat censorship, it's akin to declaring martial law in response to a loony threatening to burn himself.
Thankfully that nevers happens so you must be playing a lot of this.
Why should 90 people have to listen to you have a mental breakdown because you cant handle being shot by archers?
But they don't have to. Somebody tell him how to mute and vote to kick people.

I thought it's the thing dude was earlier talking about. Or at least that it has to do something with warband. Nope. Just a murder, but murderers happened to play warband ?
Are you saying that MP Warband was a murderer tutorial? It begins gently with "ur mom", advances to racist stuff, doxxing, then bang, people kill each other over drugs. MP toxicity is a gateway to a life of crime.

Thankfully that nevers happens so you must be playing a lot of this.

But they don't have to. Somebody tell him how to mute and vote to kick people.
I chose the example of a word most adults agree is not acceptable to use, I could've used "turkr**ch" which ive seen get spammed constantly instead.
Oh yeah this happened a not long ago, from my chat.
XJIJHMP.png

Guess it just doesnt happens huh.
Youre asking the people that are following the rules of basic human interraction and etiquette to go through effort and make the game less interesting, because you want people to be free to spam homophobic, racist or sexist slurs at will. I dont see why.
Also kickvotes on public servers? Somebody tell him how often that works.

Im not taking about writing ez after winning a game, as juvenile as that is. Or saying "**** archers" etc. Just...really shouldnt have to tell adults how to behave in public.

It generally seems like the full grown adult population in 2022 have a mind that is 10 years behind their body, people was much more mature 40-50-60 years ago, the world is getting worse and so is the people living in it. Nobody seems to care, so long they can go and cash in their pay check, have a car and go on vaction a couple times a year, people are "comfortable numb", television, facebook, instragram, me, me, and me.

Capitalistic zombies.

Nobody encourage wisdom or deeper thinking, the gain of knowledge.

The majority of internet users in 2022 are 12-14 years old, they do reviews and click like on things like ads.
When companies feel like they want to release a new product, they research the market to see what is the most popular thing. This is why we get Marvel movies and Fortnite games. Its no longer a womans or mans world, its the kids world. All because $$$

Im selling all my accounts and my computer. Move out on the street to live in a cardboard box.

Last edited:
I chose the example of a word most adults agree is not acceptable to use, I could've used "turkr**ch" which ive seen get spammed constantly instead.
Oh yeah this happened a not long ago, from my chat.
XJIJHMP.png

Guess it just doesnt happens huh.
No, it doesn't. That's not even close to your hypothetical scenario (since you used "if"). And if all that the three people are doing is be annoying, why don't you mute the lot of them.
Just...really shouldnt have to tell adults how to behave in public.
This isn't real life, they can't get into my face or in any way impact my daily life and leave me with little option than to react. It's as senseless to let some brainlet get under your skin with mere provocations through text as it is to be said brainlet.
Youre asking the people that are following the rules of basic human interraction and etiquette to go through effort and make the game less interesting
Go through the effort of... muting people with a few clicks? And also the rules of basic human interaction and etiquette are the same thing.
because you want people to be free to spam homophobic, racist or sexist slurs at will. I dont see why.
So are you presuming what I want or do you not know? Linguistic hiccups aside..
Im not taking about writing ez after winning a game, as juvenile as that is. Or saying "**** archers" etc.
Why? Isn't that also a breach of etiquette?
The problem is who gets to decide. There isn't a hippocratic oath for "server moderators" to hold them accountable and enforce a certain integrity. It's easy for socially functional and cognisant people to recognise ill intent, however due perhaps to ill intent (or social ineptitude) on their own end, people of authority can easily artificially push the bounds of restrictions to misconstrue actions of people they personally dislike. Human behaviour and the judgement thereof is a delicate matter worst left to one anonymous narcissist or the other. What slight difference it makes for you to be saved from the bother of going through a few clicks does not justify handing power so easily abused - and it IS abused. It makes more readily for an environment of hostility when biased mods / admins pounce on the earliest opportunity to get back at someone as soon the slightest profanity is uttered. And if I trusted the judgement of TW to enforce restraint in their moderators, I'd be more than alright with it, I have no more love for loud and unfunny retards than you, but from first-, second- and third-hand experience I know not to trust their judgement, especially not on this.
Also kickvotes on public servers? Somebody tell him how often that works.
With the usual frequency that a democratic system works and works well. Unless you're about to tell me you stand for autocracy, you should be fine with it.
And do tell me more about the logic behind "turkroach" being a far greater insult than just "roach", please.

Have there been any confirmed cases of people being harrassed in real life (such as killings, beatings or infliction of bodily harm) due to their activity in Warband MP? I have only heard about that one case MadVader linked above. Proof or it did not happen.

Have there been any confirmed cases of people being harrassed in real life (such as killings, beatings or infliction of bodily harm) due to their activity in Warband MP? I have only heard about that one case MadVader linked above. Proof or it did not happen.
Seen it happen couple of times on PW, though it was usually very much punished by admins of the servers if found out.

I truly despise people like OP, the kind of people who ruin everything they touch eventually, people like that are why fanbases need gatekeepers.
"as a community" he says as if he speaks for the entire community. :lol:

He speaks for the majority, most of us ignore because we have brains but once in a while, someone gets fed up with it and speaks up and when that happens everyone who usually ignore should step forward. But they wont because they cba to get involved in borderline idiotic entanglements and its very much understandable. Its like punching a rock

He speaks for the majority, most of us ignore because we have brains but once in a while, someone gets fed up with it and speaks up and when that happens everyone who usually ignore should step forward. But they wont because they cba to get involved in borderline idiotic entanglements and its very much understandable. Its like punching a rock
if you're the majority, humanity is more screwed up than I realised.

Why? Isn't that also a breach of etiquette?
The problem is who gets to decide. There isn't a hippocratic oath for "server moderators" to hold them accountable and enforce a certain integrity. It's easy for socially functional and cognisant people to recognise ill intent, however due perhaps to ill intent (or social ineptitude) on their own end, people of authority can easily artificially push the bounds of restrictions to misconstrue actions of people they personally dislike. Human behaviour and the judgement thereof is a delicate matter worst left to one anonymous narcissist or the other. What slight difference it makes for you to be saved from the bother of going through a few clicks does not justify handing power so easily abused - and it IS abused. It makes more readily for an environment of hostility when biased mods / admins pounce on the earliest opportunity to get back at someone as soon the slightest profanity is uttered. And if I trusted the judgement of TW to enforce restraint in their moderators, I'd be more than alright with it, I have no more love for loud and unfunny retards than you, but from first-, second- and third-hand experience I know not to trust their judgement, especially not on this.

With the usual frequency that a democratic system works and works well. Unless you're about to tell me you stand for autocracy, you should be fine with it.
And do tell me more about the logic behind "turkroach" being a far greater insult than just "roach", please.

Why do you type so much to defend blatant racism in a video game? You write so many paragraps of nonsense. It is not abuse when racists get banned for saying racist stuff.

It is far easier to ban a couple racist than to have everyone mute them so they can keep going. People here are pathetic. Dying on the hill of free speech in a video game run by a private company that clearly condemns racism.

If I want to see racism I would go to 4chan or whatever not on a public Bannerlord player. Just think about this scenario:

A big streamer wants to showcase Bannerlord mp. He joins the siege server, the flagship of casual play. There he gets bombarded by racist and toxic remarks. He then goes to the forum to complain, only to be greeted by you and your nonsense trying to make a scientific debate out of the question whether we should tolerate racism. Seems like a fun community to join.
And then he gets bombarded by PW tryhards who are gatekeeping by pointing to doxxing that was going on back in the day.

Inappropriate language
Why do you type so much to defend blatant racism in a video game? You write so many paragraps of nonsense. It is not abuse when racists get banned for saying racist stuff.
And if I trusted the judgement of TW to enforce restraint in their moderators, I'd be more than alright with it, I have no more love for loud and unfunny retards than you, but.. your reading comprehension is beneath contempt.
It is far easier to ban a couple racist than to have everyone mute them so they can keep going.
You seriously have no clue - and this is coming from a Schopenhauerian - how pitiable that makes your idea of "everyone" sound? You can't play the game just because some clowns spout bad words? Annoyance I can understand but you're not doing your already ill-founded arguments any favours with your hyperbole.
People here are pathetic.
Right back at you friendo
Dying on the hill of free speech in a video game run by a private company that clearly condemns racism.
Right. Because obviously that's a foolhardy position to take in the current climate? Wouldn't they also some time ago condemn the condemning of racism, should that be what the public demands? They're neither ideologues nor intellectuals, it's a ****ing game development company. You think they give the slightest **** as to open an anthropology department to come to their own independent conclusion?
Oh and it's weird to me you and others well before always single out the "racism" side of toxic language, as if that's the one cardinal sin most deserving of unleashing deluge upon. Or is it because the daft consensus is that discrimination based on ethnicity is the chief of all inhumanity in the world, and it's therefore a trifle to sensationalize, damn'd be the facts? You're German, if your signature is anything to go by, it's no wonder you're always the most willing to prove your zeal in combatting the in-this-case imagined beast of racism. I have put the question forward "why are insults aimed at a superficial attribute like heritage or skin colour assumed to be more vicked than on any other?" more than once in this thread now, yet you'll have to be the first to answer.
A big streamer wants to showcase Bannerlord mp.
A chat full of prepubescent wannabe Top Gear presenters will be the least of his disappointments, trust me.
He joins the siege server, the flagship of casual play. There he gets bombarded by racist and toxic remarks.
Again with the sensationalist isolation of racism above "toxic remarks"...
How many of the halfwits, you think, who type out these comments genuinely believe that you're lesser than him because you're a -snipped- or -snipped- or is it more likely that he, in his juvenile attempt to regain control of the engagement, could be trying to bring out a certain emotional reaction out of his enemy by poking at his vulnerable pride? Supposing by some slim chance that you're dealing with an actual racist or a deranged individual (see what I did there?), muting him will do as much good as banning him, unless, as I mentioned in previous comments you've had difficulty understanding, his behaviour is seriously harming multiplayer gameplay. Conclusion, then; you're not fighting racists. Even if you are, you're doing nothing to combat racism, as it is manifested in real life, by banning its loudest proponents from the game.
He then goes to the forum to complain, only to be greeted by you and your nonsense trying to make a scientific debate out of the question whether we should tolerate racism. Seems like a fun community to join.
As if it wasn't already clear as day I wasn't talking to an adult brain...
There's a lot people have to tolerate day-to-day, and a lot of people to tolerate, especially on online platforms, which are by essence more hostile. Instead of making the online world conform to your own weaknesses with unreasonable and ill-thought demands, grow some skin, take a few clicks should you so please, contribute with well-reasoned suggestions to the improvement of the MP experience.
That being said, "growing some skin" is not the same as being unreactive to what you perceive as inappropriate or unjust, so by all means, speak out against racism, uncalled language and / or other unsporting behaviour. All this backassward mental juggling to encourage freefalling of censorship however can't be taken seriously by me.
And then he gets bombarded by PW tryhards who are gatekeeping by pointing to doxxing that was going on back in the day.
That's bad and should be punished. Should go without saying, really.

EDIT: Please stop using derogatory terms or next warning will be heftier

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom