As a community we really gonna let people get away with personal harrasment?

Users who are viewing this thread

So as of late I have seen certain players on the EU servers especially on Siege. It went from just simple trash talking and being slightly toxic towards others which most of the vets like myself are used to from our beloved warband servers.

But this simple trash talking and being toxic is getting turned into actual personal harrasment by some members of the player base (which shall not be named for decency). I mean I have played warband allot back in the day but personal harrasment? Nah that wasn't really a thing if on the rare occassion it happend they could either just straight up get reported to the server owners on their forums or they would be temp or perma banned by active moderators and admins on the servers itself.

But here we are in bannerlord chat filter is a thing which is a pain but also a blessing at times. Muting people does work but does that really solve the problem? Are people that get report actually getting looked at or are the public server moderators ''busy'' with other stuff? And as a community in a wholle are we really gonna let plain personal harrasment stand?

People have found out how many words/character they need to let something start on another line. This is now used for personal harrasment instead of just plain hahaha funny like we did in warband. When you ask them to stop they don't either and the mute after the report only lasts till the match has ended and doesn't pass over to the next server.

But this simple trash talking and being toxic is getting turned into actual personal harrasment by some members of the player base (which shall not be named for decency). I mean I have played warband allot back in the day but personal harrasment? Nah that wasn't really a thing if on the rare occassion it happend they could either just straight up get reported to the server owners on their forums or they would be temp or perma banned by active moderators and admins on the servers itself.
You played PW/PK, how can you say that personal harassment was not a thing on warband? Someone being doxxed was daily business and personal harassment was one of the core mechanics of that mod and the mod is not special in that.

Personal harassment a "rare occasion", didn't expect nostalgia rose colouring to hit this hard this early.

You played PW/PK, how can you say that personal harassment was not a thing on warband? Someone being doxxed was daily business and personal harassment was one of the core mechanics of that mod and the mod is not special in that.

Personal harassment a "rare occasion", didn't expect nostalgia rose colouring to hit this hard this early.
Compared to how it is now? in Pk/Pw they actually had people actively moderating it. Either directly through a forum where a report could be issued or through game moderators. In the current state there is a report button. Is it working? Does it lead somewhere? Is taleworlds actually checking logs and handing out bans?

How it stands now is people get muted for the duration of the server once the server shutsdown the mute is removed and they can talk freely again. Are reports going anywhere we don't know because there is not forum section about it.

I and everyone else that played pw/pk or on any other high activity server seen people get banned for the slightest notion for personal harrasment to cheating from temporary server restart bans to even banned till appeal.

This currently isn't the case and if you were getting personally harrased by people how many times have you and a few of your clan mates or buddies sit at their spawn killing them over and over and over again till they stopped? I think you aswell as i and everyone else have seen or participated in those events. It was and still is better moderated and more clear then the current state of affairs.

Did we actually play the same game? Did you ever read global chat? Bannerlord MP is so much less than warband ever was, haven't seen people here get DDoSed, doxxed, nudes leaked and whatever not which was regular business on warband. And if you say that they got instantly banned you are just wrong, SO even participated in it sometimes and some people are just stupid enough to let it happen.

If you think it was only spawnkilling then you must have had your head in the sand, but hey you colour the good old Warband times however you want it but fun it was and personal harassment a regular thing.

Did we actually play the same game? Did you ever read global chat? Bannerlord MP is so much less than warband ever was, haven't seen people here get DDoSed, doxxed, nudes leaked and whatever not which was regular business on warband. And if you say that they got instantly banned you are just wrong, SO even participated in it sometimes and some people are just stupid enough to let it happen.

If you think it was only spawnkilling then you must have had your head in the sand, but hey you colour the good old Warband times however you want it but fun it was and personal harassment a regular thing.
I did and if I remember correctly you were one of the people doing it including mass rdm and had quite a bit of bans on your name.

I'm not saying people instantly got perm banned for it. It was taken into account with later stages which lead up to a perm ban. Now who knows? Taleworlds isn't particullary open about anything that is happening on their side neither on the game development side neither on multiplayer development and moderation

Point is allowing it now without any form of moderation will set a base for later stages for it to continue. Also in the last few years it changed toxicity it stayed, the trash talking it stayed, but leaking info, pictures, and anything else got limited, ddsoing got less. Is this really a trend that we as a community wanna continue anno 2022?

Times change we grow older, people that played warband as kids and teens have grown up study, have a job, maybe have kids and are married. Do we really as the veteran community wanna stick to the old ways and pass it on to the next generation? And let this go and on and on and on? Or do we wanna say hey maybe start actively moderator on public servers (which are there to attract people) or let people so go back to their old harrasing way

Grow some thick skin, competitive multiplayer communities have never not been toxic.
Toxicity aint the problem it has always been a thing, it will always stay a thing and I won't deny that.

But personally attacking someone based on their religion, gender or country is that really something you wanna do in the times we're living in now?

I did and if I remember correctly you were one of the people doing it including mass rdm and had quite a bit of bans on your name.

I'm not saying people instantly got perm banned for it. It was taken into account with later stages which lead up to a perm ban. Now who knows? Taleworlds isn't particullary open about anything that is happening on their side neither on the game development side neither on multiplayer development and moderation

Point is allowing it now without any form of moderation will set a base for later stages for it to continue. Also in the last few years it changed toxicity it stayed, the trash talking it stayed, but leaking info, pictures, and anything else got limited, ddsoing got less. Is this really a trend that we as a community wanna continue anno 2022?

Times change we grow older, people that played warband as kids and teens have grown up study, have a job, maybe have kids and are married. Do we really as the veteran community wanna stick to the old ways and pass it on to the next generation? And let this go and on and on and on? Or do we wanna say hey maybe start actively moderator on public servers (which are there to attract people) or let people so go back to their old harrasing way
Lovely that you bring ingame rulebreaks into it again, kinda irrelevant. Don't think I ever mass rdmed, but if I did it was probably worth it. No clue who you are tho, but love you too I guess?

But good for you that you changed your entire stance around Warband and just want to prevent Bannerlord to become like that, boring but good luck I guess?

Also toxicity became less? Magical world you have lived in, NW and PK were wholesomely toxic during lockdown.

Lovely that you bring ingame rulebreaks into it again, kinda irrelevant. Don't think I ever mass rdmed, but if I did it was probably worth it. No clue who you are tho, but love you too I guess?

But good for you that you changed your entire stance around Warband and just want to prevent Bannerlord to become like that, boring but good luck I guess?

Also toxicity became less? Magical world you have lived in, NW and PK were wholesomely toxic during lockdown.
You might wanna adres your intepretation from toxicity and personal harassement they are 2 different things.

You might wanna adres your intepretation from toxicity and personal harassement they are 2 different things.
Why? Personal harassment is just a form of toxicity and I'm very very sure the level of personal harassment is nowhere near the level on warband as seen by the examples said above. So what is your point?

Bannerlord is a little bit toxic with some personal harassment mixed in from time to time, it's really not that much compared to other games as the game is basically dead anyways.

But personally attacking someone based on their religion, gender or country is that really something you wanna do in the times we're living in now?
No, therefore I don't. But the way game chats are regulated makes it more bothersome and frustrating compared to simply muting whoever irritates you. And I've never seen the sense behind it being an extraordinary and evil infringement of ethics to insult people based on ethnicity versus insulting based on hairstyle or some other mostly superficial attribute about the person. Calling someone a coward, a wimp, a simpleton is all fine until you bring up whichever imaginary deity someone chooses to believe in, and that's a step too far..? Anyway what you're asking for isn't a valuable investment of developer time because it doesn't really change a damn thing and will only serve to please the prideful and the braindead masses, who'll go potty with applause when a fellow who called another fellow's mum "gay" gets banned. Like this forum where mods are considered demigods of armagan's seed and as such are above the insults of mortals, which can be punished by ostracisation.
You're playing a bloody game, and it gives you the option to partake in the petty bickering, or to dismiss it. Spitting profanities at your enemies when things become fierce or competitive is as much a part of blowing off steam as slashing them with swords is. Hopefully it does get more innovative than the same old "madafaka *** u nub" or that Chinese kid with his illegible squares.

Last edited:
This community have much more disturbed individuals than your average competitive game, dont ask me why, I have no clue whatsoever. But its a fact and OP is right. If you disagree you are either one of them toxic bellends or you are new. There are some people in this community who will go very very far because feels in a videogame. They should get a mental check but they dont dare to, they know they will be locked up.

This community have much more disturbed individuals than your average competitive game, dont ask me why, I have no clue whatsoever. But its a fact and OP is right. If you disagree you are either one of them toxic bellends or you are new. There are some people in this community who will go very very far because feels in a videogame. They should get a mental check but they dont dare to, they know they will be locked up.
well said! and unfortunately it's true(

Couldn’t have said it better myself. It was more common than not to have your ip and/or irl pics leaked than not.

Ok snowflake.

No, therefore I don't. But the way game chats are regulated makes it more bothersome and frustrating compared to simply muting whoever irritates you. And I've never seen the sense behind it being an extraordinary and evil infringement of ethics to insult people based on ethnicity versus insulting based on hairstyle or some other mostly superficial attribute about the person. Calling someone a coward, a wimp, a simpleton is all fine until you bring up whichever imaginary deity someone chooses to believe in, and that's a step too far..? Anyway what you're asking for isn't a valuable investment of developer time because it doesn't really change a damn thing and will only serve to please the prideful and the braindead masses, who'll go potty with applause when a fellow who called another fellow's mum "gay" gets banned. Like this forum where mods are considered demigods of armagan's seed and as such are above the insults of mortals, which can be punished by ostracisation.
You're playing a bloody game, and it gives you the option to partake in the petty bickering, or to dismiss it. Spitting profanities at your enemies when things become fierce or competitive is as much a part of blowing off steam as slashing them with swords is. Hopefully it does get more innovative than the same old "madafaka *** u nub" or that Chinese kid with his illegible squares.
100% agree.

DDoSed, doxxed, nudes leaked and whatever not which was regular business on warband
What? Who, how, when?

People literally got hunted down and killed (IRL) in PW, NW.. What are you talking about harassment?
It's a joke, right?

Last edited:
Grow some thick skin, competitive multiplayer communities have never not been toxic.
Grow some thick skin buddy, you have to man up against deranged, almost insane people letting it all out in videogames??? tf, being a decent human being is not a thing anymore, we now have to MAN UP against literally people with untreated mental issues
People literally got hunted down and killed (IRL) in PW, NW.. What are you talking about harassment?
This cant be true mate, I need a source for this **** lmao

Grow some thick skin buddy, you have to man up against deranged, almost insane people letting it all out in videogames??? tf, being a decent human being is not a thing anymore, we now have to MAN UP against literally people with untreated mental issues
I'd say the ones with mental issues, are people who unironically cry because some random person who they don't know, and will probably never meet again called them a "bad word" in a video game chat.
And also ofc they prefer to keep being called "bad words" and keep crying about it instead of just muting the "offender".
And when they want them banned that's just effing hypocrisy. What's really worse, saying a "bad word" or literally preventing someone from having fun, not allowing them to play a game, possibly their favorite one?

I'd say the ones with mental issues, are people who unironically cry because some random person who they don't know, and will probably never meet again called them a "bad word" in a video game chat.
And also ofc they prefer to keep being called "bad words" and keep crying about it instead of just muting the "offender".
And when they want them banned that's just effing hypocrisy. What's really worse, saying a "bad word" or literally preventing someone from having fun, not allowing them to play a game, possibly their favorite one?
How about being a decent human being. The rules explicitly say not to be rude, meaning, don't be a complete *******, if you can't do just that only one rule because you got angry after being killed and you have to say the n word then bruh can you just chill out. And besides there's people that literally target someone and go beyond saying "bad words" like vote kicking, harrasing them outside the game, ddos like it happened a thousand times in Warband, again, like you say, if those players are actively preventing those players from having fun, and actively trying to make the games worse for them, then why they should be allowed to play the game too?

Back
Top Bottom