[Art Gallery] - Screenshots & Movies & Artwork

Users who are viewing this thread

urraah__by_capturedjoe-d5wqs59.png

Quintillius said:
Captured Joe and unlimited energy  :mrgreen:!
Limited by lazyness! :wink:

Quintillius said:
Again: that bayonet  :!:! I don't want to get hit by that thing.
"The bullet is a fool!
Only the Bayonet has wisdom!"

-Russian proverb (I think) :grin:

The next drawing will include troops without Bayonets. The Yanissaries hated the bayonet, claiming that using it would render soldiers into mindless killing machines instead of warriors. Although outdated in their organisation, training and tactics, Yanissaries highly favoured individual initiative during battle and personal bravery, opposed to the mass tactics employed by other European armies.
...but that was not what I wanted to talk about (I was a bit carried away after reading in one of my brother's Osprey books about the Ottoman armies); I was saying, I am planning to draw some Ottomans, preferably doing bad things to Balkans people (yes I am a Romanticism fanboy). Problem is, how to do that without making the drawing too 'serious'? Ideas and suggestions are very welcome.

On-topic:
mb7_zps37a86ad8.png

mb8_zps61a652d2.png

mb9_zpsda4c50f5.png
mb18_zpsd96856fc.png
mb36_zps877da007.png

+10!

I was saying, I am planning to draw some Ottomans, preferably doing bad things to Balkans people (yes I am a Romanticism fanboy). Problem is, how to do that without making the drawing too 'serious'? Ideas and suggestions are very welcome.
You might try to draw some mounted Ottomans. Then start drawing a road behind them, leading to a village. A burned village, far away on the background.

My party:
7 Horsemen [Mercenary Cavalry mostly, accompanied by a couple of Hessian and Polish Cavalry].
~30 Infantrymen [Mixed forces of British, Russian, Saxon and Papal recruits/conscripts and regulars, accompanied by a bunch of Swiss and Irish Mercenaries].

The enemy's party:
~200 revolutionaries [You know, those guys with flintlock muskets and old pistols].

The aftermatch:
16 Infantry and Cavalry troops dead from my party; 3 wounded. Total: 19.
117 Revolutionaries dead. The rest ended wounded.

Total amount of renown earned:
bloodyrevolutionists.png

Bloody 6 Renown  :roll:

EDIT:
I forgot to mention the 'reward': 9 Veteran Caçadores, 3 Caçadores and their respective flags and drums. Tell me, was the fight worth it? :grin:

:oops:

Quick drawing:
you_should_forget_about_me____by_capturedjoe-d5xpval.png
[quote author=the description from the DeviantArt page]
A Russian soldier says his farewell to his girlfriend, 1805.
Napoleonic Russian soldiers had a very small chance to survive their 25 (or 20?) years of military service, and even if they did survive, they had become strangers if they returned home. If a recruit was conscripted in the Imperial army, his family and friends considered him a dead man. Nobody expected him to return.
[/quote]

Othurin said:
Heh. Murdering and raping, inspiration
Actually, it was the uniforms - they look badass. But, raping and murdering are good inspiration, too; specially for troops that have been a long time on campaign.

Anyways, here I am to present you one peculiar screenshot.

Recently joined the French Empire, and intantly caught a Brit Caravan. A french General was nearby, so he joined the fray. I won't get into much detail, because we know how battles are: smoke, shots, cavalry chopping off heads...

As soon as the began, the enemy's Merc Cavalry charged but my men formed square and took them out. After the cavalry charge was over, I began to laugh my ass off; not because the enemy cavalry couldn't actually do any harm to my troops, but because I found the following horse in one of the most awkward dead poses:
mb1r.png

Screw da battle! I'm gonna sits..

Captured Joe said:
Lengua: Please try to play the mod with DirectX 9 instead of 7, your screenshots look... poor.

My laptop is... poor. I can play Vanilla with Dx9, and the lowest graphic settings, but I have to switch to Dx7 whenever I play this Mod. So, sorry :oops:

Back
Top Bottom