Arrows on hero

Users who are viewing this thread

juicemaestro

Sergeant
I've noticed that arrows that hit my hero will just disappear and not stick if they don't do enough damage.
This is kind of annoying at 1/4 damage as the arrows won't stick at all.

Maybe it's possible to change a value somewhere to make them stay even at low damages..
I could always play with full damage, but then have to pretty much stay out of the fight so that my troops won't retreat.

FYI: there is a mod to have your troops keep on the fight even if you are knocked out, i guess you can find it in the 82 tweaks thread.

It's pretty funny when you go on fighting with an arrow passing through your head  :lol:

P.S. real men have damage all the way up! Do you want to live forever?  :???:

juicemaestro said:

I could always play with full damage, but then have to pretty much stay out of the fight so that my troops won't retreat.

[quote author=ddrake]P.S. real men have damage all the way up! Do you want to live forever?[/quote]
^This

Playing this game at anything less than full damage is...  ok, I'm not going to say it.  :mrgreen:

There's really nothing fun about playing this game at 1/2 or 1/4 as you pretty much never die.  ever.

I gave it a try once...  I took on an army (like 5 armies I think) of about 1200 with my squad of 40 (yes, I said 40).
- Round 1, I started with me and 3 companions (I guess they are not happy about me charging into these large battles with such a small force).
  This took a while to beat them down, but I eventually did with only 4 wounded (you get respawns)
- The next round, I had 6 companions.  I think I only had one wounded after that round was over.
- Next round, I got more and more troops...  and I don't think I ever suffered another wounded troop the rest of the battle.

All-in-all, the whole battle took almost 2 hours.  But when all said and done, my troops only feel wounded in the first few battles.

On a regular basis, I would find that way more annoying than not having arrows stuck in my head.

Get used to playing on full damage...  you get used to it pretty fast.  You don't die as much as you think.

Sounds like your companions were on reduced damage aswell, and that will make the game easy.

Please don't write stuff like "only real men play on full damage".. it's kinda immature and I bet there are plenty of threads about it elsewhere.

ddrake:
I didn't find the mod that will let your troops keep on fighting, though I've seen it used in some bigger mods. I hope to see it in warband.

I guess I will try again with full damage and hope not to be killed with a few lucky shots. If I get hit with a flying axe, I want to see it :smile:

I took a quick search but couldn't find the tweak to have your men carry on the battle while you are taking a nap.
Have been playing Native Expansion for a while now and did not do the tweak recently but i'm pretty sure it's there somewhere.
I remember how pissed off I got when at the end of a big siege with tower I was knocked out by the last crossbowman and my men stopped the attack to carry me away (they were 100+). So I had to build another tower because the lord in there wouldn't surrender  :mad:

P.S. The 'real men' thing is quite ironic of course as I don't think any real bravery is involved in computer games  :razz:
The ultimate simulator should inflict pain to the player to be 'realistic'. Somehow I don't think it would sell much outside masochist rings.

juicemaestro said:
Please don't write stuff like "only real men play on full damage".. it's kinda immature and I bet there are plenty of threads about it elsewhere.
but real players DO play on full damage! :shock: The rest are just whiners.

Ludial said:
juicemaestro said:
but real players DO play on full damage! :shock: The rest are just whiners.

Well, one can play on full damage with 100 swadian knights in his party. Just staying in a corner and ordering charge. His men do all the work, he gets the credit as 'real playah'.  :???:

Besides player level and equipment do all the difference.
Real macho players stay at level one, go around naked and kill everyone on their own using a rusty knife and their trusty throwing stones. Now THAT is real proof of high testosterone levels!  :lol:

I hate when arrows get stuck in me!!!  And I also hate it when they get stuck in my character.  I always play first person, and an arrow sticking out from between your eyes can really block your view.  It's more irritating than a scratch on your sunglasses.

Oh, and I got a char I always play on 1/4 damage.  But his stats are cheated to the max, and he wears lordly everything.  His 12 companions are at half damage, are maxed out statwise too, and equipped most nastily.  Cuz sometimes its nice just to walk into an army of 300 men and just hack them to pieces without having to worry about ducking.

Oh- Chronicles of Talera has the deathcam.  After you're out, you can zoom around the battlefield watching your guys kick ass... or not.  Excellent addition, way better than autocalc.  There's some other mod that allows you to switch to one of your companions if you get knocked out.  Verra cool too.

Agent707 said:
juicemaestro said:

[quote author=ddrake]P.S. real men have damage all the way up! Do you want to live forever?
^This

Playing this game at anything less than full damage is...  ok, I'm not going to say it.  :mrgreen:

There's really nothing fun about playing this game at 1/2 or 1/4 as you pretty much never die.  ever.

I gave it a try once...  I took on an army (like 5 armies I think) of about 1200 with my squad of 40 (yes, I said 40).
- Round 1, I started with me and 3 companions (I guess they are not happy about me charging into these large battles with such a small force).
  This took a while to beat them down, but I eventually did with only 4 wounded (you get respawns)
- The next round, I had 6 companions.  I think I only had one wounded after that round was over.
- Next round, I got more and more troops...  and I don't think I ever suffered another wounded troop the rest of the battle.

All-in-all, the whole battle took almost 2 hours.  But when all said and done, my troops only feel wounded in the first few battles.

On a regular basis, I would find that way more annoying than not having arrows stuck in my head.

Get used to playing on full damage...  you get used to it pretty fast.  You don't die as much as you think.
[/quote]

unless your playing with cheats on, i don't really believe for one second you beat an opponent 1200 with just 40unless they where all peasant.  if all where knights you and your men where wiped clean after the first round. when 5or 6 opponent start to hit you even at 1/4 quarter damage you will go done. you can't block every one around you.

Back
Top Bottom