"Arrow deflection" for two-handers in 1.4.1e

Users who are viewing this thread

Because that perk is taking a slot that could be used by something better, so if I don't want to use it it limits my options. @Davic, you have a point but I would argue that there are other effects that would fit the game better that could replace it.
I would be curious to hear what you could replace it with. Maybe a disarming perk?

I would be curious to hear what you could replace it with. Maybe a disarming perk?

I was thinking about a perk that increases damage on horses myself, to make infantry play more enjoyable. My gripe with the arrow reflection is not even about realism, it's that it seems fairly useless gimmick. You are going to want to dodge arrows by moving around anyway, not block them with your sword.

Well if that would be in MP I guess the moral of shooter might sink seeing how useless shooting is if twohander can block it so another effect should be then if succesfull block moral of archers goes down:smile: I really do not need this perk for SP though ofc.

I was thinking about a perk that increases damage on horses myself, to make infantry play more enjoyable. My gripe with the arrow reflection is not even about realism, it's that it seems fairly useless gimmick. You are going to want to dodge arrows by moving around anyway, not block them with your sword.
here's where lies my issues with their perk choices, some make absolutely no sense, are mind boggling even. This is one of those cases, but the arrow deflection is a welcome gimmick that may prove useful depending on character build if they ever come around to actually making actual depth driven perks. The issue isn't this perk, at all, it's how you get it, the cost of getting it basically.

Now, again, just cope with it, this TTing has already happened years ago, the perk is still here, and here it'll remain... Try to give more constructive feedback, like, if we have to chose this perk, which should be the competing option? At the very least some equivalent "gimmicky" perk imho...

250+ in any skill is superhuman, normal people only get up to ~130
I see no problem with a super hightier perk to be a bit silly, also this is only for hero units.

I love how there are 4 pages on the topic of deflecting arrows, but no one mentioned / no one seems to know which perk actually gives the ability.

Here are your two options:

Spartan
You can deflect arrows with 2h weapons when changing block positions

Knightly Management
you can deflect arrows with 2h weapons when changing block positions

(And just FYI, the lower-case "y" in you in the Knightly Management description is like that in-game, which leads me to believe the Knightly Management talent was designed to be something else. Can anyone go into the game files and read what Knightly Management is programmed to actually do? Or is that not possible?)

Also, 2h weapons can only block arrows (and other projectiles?) when you're switching block positions. So if you're blocking left and switch to blocking right, the blur animation of moving your weapon from left to right is the only time you can actually block the arrow, meaning 1) it's skilled-based to a large degree, and 2) you can't simply spam it, especially with larger weapons, and expect good results.

I love how there are 4 pages on the topic of deflecting arrows, but no one mentioned / no one seems to know which perk actually gives the ability.

Here are your two options:

Spartan
You can deflect arrows with 2h weapons when changing block positions

Knightly Management
you can deflect arrows with 2h weapons when changing block positions

(And just FYI, the lower-case "y" in you in the Knightly Management description is like that in-game, which leads me to believe the Knightly Management talent was designed to be something else. Can anyone go into the game files and read what Knightly Management is programmed to actually do? Or is that not possible?)

Also, 2h weapons can only block arrows (and other projectiles?) when you're switching block positions. So if you're blocking left and switch to blocking right, the blur animation of moving your weapon from left to right is the only time you can actually block the arrow, meaning 1) it's skilled-based to a large degree, and 2) you can't simply spam it, especially with larger weapons, and expect good results.
No idea which perk is supposed to be the correct one. Neither name really suggests arrow blocking, but if I had to pick one, I'd guess Spartan. Maybe its a reference to "then we'll fight in the shade". Spartans are more famous for their love of shields, though, so the name still doesn't fit. A true Spartan would never be caught without his shield so he'd never need this perk.

I don't think the perks with lock icons are implemented yet, so looking at the code probably won't clear it up.

Last edited:
At first I thought the correct talent was Knightly Management, as in "this is how a knight manages getting shot at" but then I saw the lower-case "y"

Then again, there is already a talent named Spartan so....wtf

Can someone show me a gameplay deflecting arrows??? I've never seen it work

Doesn't the polearm tree have a perk like that? I find that being a good fighter in Bannerlord means using a variety of weaponry, so taking a polearm and getting good will reward you with that. Its a ridiculous perk though, killing horses with it becomes trivial.

I for one can't wait for this perk to work. I think it'll make for a lot of fun when you get those blocks right. Besides its a super late tier perk anyway.

If a deflect arrow perk exist, than a ignite blade for flame sword should be a perk as well. Also shoot double or triple arrows at one time for bow perks. And also why not a pole vault jump attack for the polearms.

Back
Top Bottom