Arrow Deflection Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried to see how it works in bandit hideout battle after corresponding 2h perk unlocked. Found a few points might worth mentioning:
  1. Desription of the perk is kind of vague: "you can deflect arrows with two handed swords while blocking". Several questions regarding that:
    1. Does arrows mean all projectiles including throwing weapon, or only bow and crossbow, or even only bow?
    2. 'while blocking', so am I supposed to hold blocking or click blocking right at the moment when the arrow comes?
    3. This perk description does not talk about whether direction of blocking matters for arrow deflection or not.
  2. Sound effect/animation of a success arrow deflection is hard for player to notice. TBH, I cant tell whether I successfuly deflected an arrow or the arrow just fly off target. What I know is simply there are some animation/sound effect I had never met before, and I was not hit by arrow when that happen, so I GUESS I successfully deflected an arrow at that moment. What I found new is a light dull sound and some kind of dust appear near my blocking 2h sword when I tried to deflect arrow, it's extremely unremarkable, especially on a larger battlefield(I'm testing this in bandit hideout).

Last edited:
I used a 2 handed great axe and was unable to block any arrows with autoblock enabled. I am going to try it with a great sword and let you know if I notice anything next time I play.

I was really excited when i unlocked this perk only to find out it is almost impossible to perform. Hope they change it in the future to make it easier..

I haven’t had any arrow deflections with my 2H sword. I was excited to put the shield away for my charges, but alas...

I forgot I ever had the perk. I took way too many arrows trying for it, so now I just run in zig zags toward any archers aiming at me.

In my experience; you actually don't have to block for deflecting but rather attack. You just have to swing and try to physically deflect the arrow with your sword.
I also seen arrows deflecting incoming javelins, but idk for sword deflecting javelins.

In my experience; you actually don't have to block for deflecting but rather attack. You just have to swing and try to physically deflect the arrow with your sword.
I also seen arrows deflecting incoming javelins, but idk for sword deflecting javelins.
I tried, but simply swing does not work at all. Are you sure the arrow is not simply off target?

Back
Top Bottom