Arrow barrels not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Ba18070

Recruit
Massive siege at husn fulq, standing on the battlements with my noble bow, fire off my 60 arrows and then run to the arrow barrel. Not allowed to pick them up. Stand there mashing F for a while, prompt never shows up. I am now out of arrows, and I cant command my troops to give me some because i'm our best archer.

I can physically see arrows, and ive used the barrels many times before, but I cant grab them here. Not only is it costing us the battle, it completely destroys immersion to have to play "general of the army who has to scrounge for arrows and cant tell their soldiers what to do" and beyond that it makes the game feel like its in a pre-alpha state. "Basic features will be enabled at a later date" is not really a great feeling. Just dont add things if they're going to be so poor and janky.

Fix it or just label them "Barrels of crushed hope" when you press F so it feels more emblematic of reality.

Sometimes they aren't there at all :sad:
I think you can just retreat and fight again without any penalty though.
Come to think of it, what happens if you retreat before the enemy breaches the wall and abuse your archers and catapults like that? I rarely defend settlements from the inside.

Come to think of it, what happens if you retreat before the enemy breaches the wall and abuse your archers and catapults like that? I rarely defend settlements from the inside.
I rarely do to, I always sally out, but I think nothing happens, you just killed some of their guys and then the fight starts again, could be wrong though it's been awhile.

just like any regular old retreat abuse. you kill them for free. but if they have catapult they might bombard a few of your guys too.

personally i've only abused it to make sure the enemy ram is destroyed so they can't breach my front gate. sometimes your defense siege machines can kill it in time sometimes not.

Back
Top Bottom