Arranging Family member marriage

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys so question, is there any way cheat or otherwise to Marry a member of your family (in this case my little brother) to a specific character?
When you go to the clan leader of a clan and discuss marriage, they seem to offer the oldest unmarried female first, however i ve got my eyes on the younger and more fit for breeding sister of the one that is being offered. There doesn't seem to be anyway through negotiation to offer specific matches even if more than 1 is eligible you seem stuck with whoever the clan leader offers.
Is there not a console command for this?

any knowledge would be appreciated. thank you

I can't answer in terms of cheating (etc.), given I'm a PS4 player, but a "fair" way to do it may be to wait for the elder unmarried females to get married off before swooping in. Who knows how long that might be though... :neutral:

I can't answer in terms of cheating (etc.), given I'm a PS4 player, but a "fair" way to do it may be to wait for the elder unmarried females to get married off before swooping in. Who knows how long that might be though... :neutral:
Indeed however by the time that one is married who knows how old the other will be, i try not to marry over age 21 to allow plenty of time for making heirs

Indeed however by the time that one is married who knows how old the other will be, i try not to marry over age 21 to allow plenty of time for making heirs
Don't worry too much about it; I've had women get pregnant in their FORTIES, so 50 appears to be the real hard cap to pregnancy although it should be noted (allegedly) that the first pregnancy per marriage has the highest chance of happening ASAP, so you'll be fine if she's as old as 30 by the time she marries your relative. Just make sure to wait around in places where your retinue's icon on the map disappears for a few in-game hours now and then to "plant the RNG seed" so to speak and you'll get (and likely miss if you're anything like me :razz: ) the yellow ticker tape indicating pregnancy before you know it. Of course, significantly over 30 is risky for time constraints, but up to 30 is fine since you'll likely spend a lot of time waiting around either recovering from wounds, waiting overnight to check the local tournament, waiting in sieges, waiting until night for bandit camps, and, if you play with Smithing, waiting for stamina to regenerate as well, so it'll happen when it'll happen and the first is always quick.

Note: to verify pregnancy in case you miss the prompt, just check your Clan menu and it'll show a pregnant woman icon underneath the woman's feet or check the Encyclopedia and the same icon will appear above her portrait.

There is a mod. Arrange marriage on nexus.
Or use adoption mod. And marry both ladies to your clan.

I think one should be able to send a clan member on a marriage quest.

There is a mod. Arrange marriage on nexus.
Or use adoption mod. And marry both ladies to your clan.

I think one should be able to send a clan member on a marriage quest.
for sure, or at least be able to barter for specific matches. ill look into some the mods ive just been playing vanilla since they keep updating it

Hey guys so question, is there any way cheat or otherwise to Marry a member of your family (in this case my little brother) to a specific character?
When you go to the clan leader of a clan and discuss marriage, they seem to offer the oldest unmarried female first, however i ve got my eyes on the younger and more fit for breeding sister of the one that is being offered. There doesn't seem to be anyway through negotiation to offer specific matches even if more than 1 is eligible you seem stuck with whoever the clan leader offers.
Is there not a console command for this?

any knowledge would be appreciated. thank you
Yes, this " scripting " roadblock is unfortunate.
But natural narrative change of circumstance can open the way.
If the older sister is captured you are offered the " next in line " while she is a captive.
So keep an eye on how the sisters are faring in battles etc, and swoop on that opportunity.

Once both sisters became prisoners when the city they were staying in was taken. A stroke of luck for us ! I was able to rescue the younger, attractive, desired one, and promptly found her Clan head and married her to my brother. A nice " family story", although I guess the older sister was fuming that I left her behind ......

If the older sister is captured you are offered the " next in line " while she is a captive.
Players are always creative and amazing.

TW maybe will improve the marriage system, but it will definitely take years accroding to their porformance in Warband and before.

Back
Top Bottom