Resolved Arranged Marriage /w a Jailbird

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Berzerker Jay

So, this obviously worked out in a buggy way, but as I prepared save files to work on a report for it, it ended up resolving itself in a weird way.

I arranged a marriage between my brother and Arwa through her father, Adram. I gave him some a fine dowry, and everybody was happy. I went to check to see where Arwa was, and she was in jail over in Ortysia (I had originally gone there to see if I could arrange through her, but found her imprisoned) according to the encyclopedia, and her banner was still Banu Sarran. I checked a previous autosave and it was just prior, so I named it as a backup. When I reloaded from where I'd saved just after the arranged marriage, Arwa was loaded under my banner and the game immediately announced that she had been released from captivity due to peace.

As a suggestion for fixing this, it might be cool to have it prompt a quest. An honorable father would inform the player before the arrangements are finalized that the prospective spouse is held captive, but either way the player is given the quest to either negotiate their release or break them out, or potentially take the settlement in a siege. As far as my playthrough goes, it's a little break in the immersion but now that she's released and I've taken her into the party, and she's pregnant with my brother's first child, it's okay here. For now players can resolve it this way if they run into it.

Would be interesting drama to go to whatever lengths to fetch your bride from prison, eh! :wink:

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Save uploaded.

I'll add the notes for it here, too, in case that might be easier. The save should start at Hubyar, and Adram is currently near Mossum. Arwa is currently held at Ortysia.

For what it's worth, I have some smithed Voulges in inventory for negotiating the dowry.

Thanks for all the hard work. Honestly, I was pretty resistant to joining up in this forum and figuring I'd just casually throw up bugs and suggestions I noted on the Steam forum, but your dedication to the community and to making a great game has me wanting to chip in.

I clocked thousands of hours on Warband over the years, and explored every nook and cranny to the game loving just about every minute of it. Happy to help Bannerlord in any way, and I tend to be good for finding the more obscure issues. lol

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom