Army size and Reputation?

Users who are viewing this thread

indianer

Recruit
Just started playing Viking Conquest in sandbox mode, and I have two questions that I can't seem to figure out:

1. What determines Army or "Party" size, and how do you raise it? I noticed that it is not the same as Warband, and there is a "Combined Leadership" attribute that seems to boost the numbers. What is this stat based on, how do you increase it?

2. "Reputation" now seems to be a replacement for "Honor" in Warband. What are good ways to raise it? Also, do the Priests and Gothi help repair reputation if you loot villages too much? It seems that donating money to the church might affect reputation, but I don't want to waste money if it doesn't?

1. Leadership, leadership skill, companion leadership skill, renown, own settlements, and are a king.

2. More or less if you are a Christian you want to play honorable and if you are a Pagan you want to become ruthless for the full effect. Also being ruthless makes all of the Christian factions hate you. 

indianer said:
1. What determines Army or "Party" size, and how do you raise it? I noticed that it is not the same as Warband, and there is a "Combined Leadership" attribute that seems to boost the numbers. What is this stat based on, how do you increase it?
Its similar to native, but with some new stuff in it. You have a report that shows your party size values.

Leadership works like native for morale. Each point you have gives bonus to the party morale.
Leadership also works like a party skill for army size limit. So it is the sum of your points + all your companions.
Remember that stuff like renown and possession of castles/towns also give you a bonus.

2. "Reputation" now seems to be a replacement for "Honor" in Warband. What are good ways to raise it? Also, do the Priests and Gothi help repair reputation if you loot villages too much? It seems that donating money to the church might affect reputation, but I don't want to waste money if it doesn't?
You can be 'good' or 'bad', both are available paths.

Good is saving villages, attacking bandits, etc. Its like being honourable. Priests will give bonus if you make donations.
Bad is being a 'viking': raid villages, raid monasteries, kill villagers, attack caravans, etc. It will let you recruit vikingr bandits later on.

reiksmarshal said:
1. Leadership, leadership skill, companion leadership skill, renown, own settlements, and are a king.

2. More or less if you are a Christian you want to play honorable and if you are a Pagan you want to become ruthless for the full effect. Also being ruthless makes all of the Christian factions hate you.

This does not mean you cannot play the reverse. My favorite is my ruthless (-100 reputation) Christian character.

Secrete to reputation is see which direction it goes based on the way you like to play. Important thing is to drive it one way or the other to get the benefits. -100 or +100.

Thanks for the info. It's very similar to Warband then, but with a little religion. Doesn't having a negative reputation affect your recruiting ability and general gameplay, like getting married, having faithful companions, etc?

indianer said:
Thanks for the info. It's very similar to Warband then, but with a little religion. Doesn't having a negative reputation affect your recruiting ability and general gameplay, like getting married, having faithful companions, etc?

No. Bad rep with Christians will send your relations down with villages, but ruthless just makes them afraid to say 'no'. -100 rep certainly helps recruiting bandits, including elite Vikings. Some companions may dislike it, but can easily be bought off (Clovis is one who really hated my Ruthless character). AAs for morale it is much easier as ruthless, your men whether Christian or pagan love the loot and ruthless can do that more.

Back
Top Bottom