Resolved ARMY SIZE 662 BUT WHEN BATTLE STARTS, I ONLY COMMAND 294????

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

caijunxin

Recruit
Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Please guide me guys.... i have 662 army size. going into battle with 1500. and actual game starts. all troops missing left with 294 troops. something is wrong..

Please guide me guys.... i have 662 army size. going into battle with 1500. and actual game starts. all troops missing left with 294 troops. something is wrong..
There is an option on the performance tab that if you scroll all the way down you should see Battle Size just select the max that is 1000 units.
FKYwb1J.jpg

You have 662, but not all at once. Those above the 294 will come in as reserves. Battle size is limited to try to hold down lag. You can raise the limit, but unless you have a real strong comp it will increase the lag and can make it practically unplayable.

going to piggy back on this post. I am using an older Alienware Laptop runing win 7 with 16GB ram and an NVIDEA GeForce Card with 4 GB

The game works, but is laggy, so I lowered lots of performance options, including changing my Battle Size to Medium (400). This often works in my favor, as I usually have more or equal troops on the field as my sometimes stronger opponent, and I can figure out fairly quick where the reinforcements spawn, so I can mow them down with a rain of arrows (probably not intended like that)

So, the reason I am contributing to this post is that I believe the ratios are not dynamic enough.
Example (save file: "before roaming bandit")
- I control an Army of 851 against 53 looters. so some how the game needs to fit this into my battle size of 400.

it starts off kind of weird, since I get 161 Infantry, 38 Archers, 145 cavalry, 30 Horse Archers and 1 Archer (yeah where did that one come from?)
Only 2 leaders of my 5 Army Parties get assigned a contingent... but there are 5 subleaders, 5 subgroups, so ideally they all would be lead by a party leader.

so there is now only room for 24 Looters out of the 53. (since my side is 375+me) it seems its entirely based on percentages, but I think allowances should be made towards the over all partysize. eg if one side or the other has less than 1/4th of the Battle Size in troops, all their troops should be on map. In other words 300 of mine and 100 of theirs, (if they have up to a 100) so the looters should get a chance to face me with all their men...

its as well not balanced enough the other way around. if I attack with an army of lets say 600 another army of 1000 I get proportionally more troops on the map at the same time (dont have an example save right now) and usually win (not sure if its has to do as well with the easy difficulty setting)

Another Oddity:
I assigned some 15 to 25 troops (cant check right now at battle start) troops to category "V" The reason is I want to have a hand in training my borrowed troops, and handling looters is the less risky environment.

So when I am just leading my own party, it works very well. I order all my troops to hold fire, and when the looters are close enough I tell group 5 to charge. and I cover them as my role of HorseArcher myself. as I said this works very well.

Alas in my current example, I only get 2 or 3 of my group 5 troops on the battle field. I believe there should as well be a minimum allotment that should not be reduced further by % ratios. say if I only have 20 in a certain group, make sure those 20 are ALL on the battle field. and reduce the other troops proportionally.

Hope I am making sense. I do understand, that finding the perfect algorithm might be difficult, but both sides should get their reinforcements, but perhaps the player should be allowed to choose what the composition would be? Like which troops he would like on the field to start with and which should go into the reinforcement pool with specific ratios.

Well, food for thought. I uploaded the save file.

PS
- at the end of the example battle, only 376 of my troops (including me) and 36 looters fought (since they got some reinforcements after some got killed) but not all 53 were rotated in.
- further my report said that all 36 where knocked down or killed, alas after the battle the "remaining" 17 are still on the map. so there is most certainly a worm in this reduction mechanic

Last edited:
PPS - it seems with every load the troops are split differently, now I got 161 inf, 38 Archers, 136 Cav, 38 horse Archer, 2 Infantry and 3 leaders.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom