SP - General Army loss penalty? Bug or feature or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Maximum997

Squire
Too offten is see that one fkn guy who doesnt want to give up when he is alone against 500+ men. And you need to find and chase him. And almost lways it is a some horse archer.
Or in sieges you need to find that one guy who stucked in texture and you need to somehow find a way to kill him.

Is it just bug with morale system? Becouse if not - you need to fix it and add some Army loss penalty to end battles like that.

Too offten is see that one fkn guy who doesnt want to give up when he is alone against 500+ men. And you need to find and chase him. And almost lways it is a some horse archer.
Or in sieges you need to find that one guy who stucked in texture and you need to somehow find a way to kill him.

Is it just bug with morale system? Becouse if not - you need to fix it and add some Army loss penalty to end battles like that.

yeah i hate when they get stuck inside walls in sieges and your whole force laggs in just that spot and tries to get him. Ive been reporting this and hope they have seen it and gonna fix it. Sometimes they get him after a while and sometimes you have to retreat to then simulate the battle but then you get nothing from the last one if i remember it correct

and sometimes you have to retreat to then simulate the battle but then you get nothing from the last one if i remember it correct
Yes, you are correct. You will get loot influence and reknown like you beat 1 guy with 1000 men army.

I guess solution is simple: after some point enemies get "army loss penalty" and just give up. All of them.

Last edited:
Field Battles: I have noticed this with all mounted units. I've seen one mounted unit flee in the hundreds of battles I've fought so far and that was likely because I was chasing him too close to the border of the map. They AI flee system needs a bit of work, as I believe it has to do with a certain number of specific troop types to fall in order for the trigger to activate. Infantry is usually the first to run, then archers, but mounted units appear to be fearless. I mean, why does the script for mounted unit AI have them charge directly in a mass of foot soldiers when they outnumber him a hundred to one? Tactically, they should be striking at the very fringes if they are going to attempt to engage.

The stuck in terrain issue should be posted in the Technical Support forums.

Field Battles: I have noticed this with all mounted units. I've seen one mounted unit flee in the hundreds of battles I've fought so far and that was likely because I was chasing him too close to the border of the map. They AI flee system needs a bit of work, as I believe it has to do with a certain number of specific troop types to fall in order for the trigger to activate. Infantry is usually the first to run, then archers, but mounted units appear to be fearless. I mean, why does the script for mounted unit AI have them charge directly in a mass of foot soldiers when they outnumber him a hundred to one?
I guess(but not sure) that right now any unit stack has own morale. So if enemy has only one troop in stack, he will never give up. Cavalry units always have a few units in one stack, very offten 1.

And becouse that stack of one man got zero casualties his morale is high enough to never give up.

I guess(but not sure) that right now any unit stack has own morale. So if enemy has only one troop in stack, he will never give up. Cavalry units always have a few units in one stack, very offten 1.

And becouse that stack of one man got zero casualties his morale is high enough to never give up.
I agree that they each have their own morale. I also understand what you're saying about stack size, which would make one battle I had make a lot more sense (600+ army vs 6 looters who never thought to flee). I do not completely agree with the insinuation in regards to mounted troops though. I have had battles against significant mounted troops where none attempted to flee like:
  • 25+ Steppe Bandits vs 300+ party
  • 35+ Horse Archers in enemy armies who like to charge ahead of their troops and die first. Not a single attempt to flee
Ground units, on the other hand, seem to flee when a certain percentage of their troop-type is lost. I am starting to wonder if it is also linked by tier, as it is usually the lower-tier troops I see fleeing: Peasants, Recruits, 'Trained' units. This makes me believe that the higher-tier troops contribute a lot more to morale, which may also be linked to the time it takes for them to become recruitable prisoners. This could also explain why the highest tier troops seem to be resistant to recruit temptation as prisoners.

Again, the enemy stuck issue would be better reported in Technical Support. Likely the Single-Player section considering where you are currently posting.
It is not about glitches, but about system that can fix that issue (last man standing). Main problem in this clip - we have 200 to 1, and this guy dont want to surrender.

BTW i found about 5 ways to cheeze any siege battle, where should i post it?

From the sounds of your soldier, the last man isn't fighting back, he may be trying to escape, but can't due to pathing. It could be fixed with a surrender condition implemented, but ultimately this is a pathing and terrain issue.

For the 5 ways, it would depend if they utilize glitches/exploits. If they use those then I would say bugs. If it is something that happens that is just an odd quirk of normal gameplay then that would be a suggestion. You may also want to do a search for the issues you found, and have a read through this post:

[1.1] All the Problems with Siege AI (a lot)(videos + photos)

My mistake. I did see the defender actively fighting when I enlarged the video. I would still say that would be a bug though as they would have been slaughtered had they not been stuck. Something unrelated may have had them not fleeing as I have witnessed situations where top-tier troops and mounted troops seem to refuse to flee a battle.

Something unrelated may have had them not fleeing as I have witnessed situations where top-tier troops and mounted troops seem to refuse to flee a battle.
Yes. I am really not sure, is it a bug with morale mechanic, or there is no such mechanic like "army is defeated, i should run"

Becouse right now playing as foot army is reaaly painful, becouse you should spend so much time on chasing.

I'm going to go with something regarding the morale mechanic. We see certain troops flee, but not others. That is why I'm thinking a morale trigger is either set too high for top-tier troops or simply doesn't exist for them.

Here you go. But i was lucky and one gus saved me.

Battanian castle tier 1 walls.

yeah i had that to on the exact same spot. Also one in an Vladian Castle i think it was on lvl3 walls, Got glitched inside of the wall so there where no chance to get that last person. Could there be an hole in the matrix perhaps ? or do they spawn like near there which i think they do in the back though

Back
Top Bottom