Resolved Armour values are all messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
The values for many (most?) of the armour in the game are all over the place. There'll be two helmets are that are visually the same, except one has mail under it while the other has cloth, but the cloth will have a higher armour value than the one with mail! Or the "white tabard over mail" vs. the "red tabard over mail"—they're visually identical except for in colors, and they have the same stats, except that the white tabard is quite a bit heavier for no apparent reason.

I could go on, but rather than have me list a few dozen individual examples of pieces where the armour values are glitchy, I think it would be best to have the relevant person at Taleworlds carefully go over the values of all of the pieces of armour in the game and assign them more appropriate values. In particular, making sure that pieces which have a graphical model that is clearly less well-armoured than another piece doesn't have a lower armour value, and so on. Cloth shouldn't have more armour stat than mail, etc.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Is a save file really going to help? All that needs to be done to see what I described is to look through the list of all the armors in the game. An easy way to do this is to turn cheat mode on in any unmodded campaign, then open the inventory.

So, I don't see how a save file will make any difference. Still, if you like, I suppose I can turn on cheat mode, start a new campaign, save, and upload that file.

Last edited:
Swapping graphical models would fix the one example without affecting the balance, and the making the other two the same weight also wouldn't do any harm to the balance. I don't think the balance is going to be an issue, given the nature of the problem.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom