Armor Value for MP when?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Armor value in this game has always been, for a lack of a better word, dog****. It's been like that in the Beta, and it is like that now. But recently, the amount of damage your armor actually absorbs is basically non-existent. Since the last few patches, the damage heavy infantry takes per hit, has been through the roof, to a point where one hit by either a Vlandian or Khuzait Mace does like 70 damage... TO HEAVY INFANTRY. Don't believe me? Take a look!

https://gyazo.com/60f7b4fb3eab663c642b663940b4e980 [70 damage + 34 damage that has been absorbed... This game is actually trying to tell me, that a single mace hit does 104 damage to people without armor xDDD]

https://gyazo.com/aa9c1318284f67a50d8712ebca0486fb [Always lovely to deal 101 damage to someone who has just spawned.. with a spatha... a sword that's as long as the knife I use to cut pizza in half] -.-

https://gyazo.com/4afd9c0ea368313f5a9ca1e7bbe5348c?token=634a182f8e8dd0c683998b20ec136fa5 [And lastly it seems to be a thing now, that imperial swords as well as khuzait swords, are able to deal upwards of 40 damage to heavy inf and archers... That's about as realistic as the announcement of the EA ending in March 2021.. oh wait]

I have been playing Mount & Blade Warband for many many years, and I have never come across as much bull**** as in this game. On Warband (Native and/or PW) an infantryman in full tincan was able to take at least three, and in most cases even four or five hits, before he would die (With maces that is). On Bannerlord, most heavy infantrymen die in 2 hits and rarely in more than that. I'm not even gonna touch on Voulges (which actually onehit heavy inf sometimes) right now, because that would probably make me put my head into a fountain of acid.

At this moment in the game, playing any heavy infantry class equals running around as a naked peasant. Might as well give everyone an admin sword [for all those who haven't played PW or Mercs, an admin sword is an insanely fast weapon, that onehits anything and everything... kinda sounds like the Voulge, ik]... the result of a fight would be the same.

Infantry has always been the weakest class in the game, but right now it's basically unplayable, because armor is absolutely useless. Sure, that's the case for every class, but at least the weapons of ranged units and cavalry do actual damage, and don't blunt hit someone in a linen tunic.

So please, for the love of all the butter flowing in the Vlandian lands, fix armors... #MakeArmorGreatAgain.

oh from the title I thought it was a thread asking for the game mechanic of having different armor pieces with different armor values on the same class and I was afraid I would have to tell you that we don't do good mechanics here...
but from your text I see that you're asking for a balance fix that has been requested for about as long as the game has been around so I'm gonna guess that it will take anywhere from 17 weeks to soonTM to be implemented!

game is garbage. return to warband.

oh from the title I thought it was a thread asking for the game mechanic of having different armor pieces with different armor values on the same class and I was afraid I would have to tell you that we don't do good mechanics here...
but from your text I see that you're asking for a balance fix that has been requested for about as long as the game has been around so I'm gonna guess that it will take anywhere from 17 weeks to soonTM to be implemented!

game is garbage. return to warband.
xDDD put a 0 behind the 17 lol.

Got shot by an empire archer for 70 damage last night. That 50 armor value sure helped. Seems like somethings gone wrong there yea.

Also different bodyparts should have different values.

Got shot by an empire archer for 70 damage last night. That 50 armor value sure helped. Seems like somethings gone wrong there yea.

Also different bodyparts should have different values.
TW never tested this in their internal testing. If they had tested this they would have not let it go to public. It is outrageous. Besides that playing as aserai peasant against any other faction feels like you are a 1 year old baby with no weapons whilst everyone else on the battlefield is a full-armoured knight with 1 shot weapons. ******* outrageous

Headshot, still 70 damage on a swadian sergeant with 50 armor, not sure if he was the cheapest archer or the heavy, couldnt see him when he took my head off.
There is a perk which applies additional headshot damage.
I know where you guys are coming from, but from most stuff which you rant here about there seems to be a logical explanation if you look at all the facts.

I do however agree that it's most likely not properly displayed by the game. Or hard to decipher.

Armor value in this game has always been, for a lack of a better word, dog****. It's been like that in the Beta, and it is like that now. But recently, the amount of damage your armor actually absorbs is basically non-existent. Since the last few patches, the damage heavy infantry takes per hit, has been through the roof, to a point where one hit by either a Vlandian or Khuzait Mace does like 70 damage... TO HEAVY INFANTRY. Don't believe me? Take a look!
I think that the role is played by modifiers of movement speed on the damage done more significant than before.

In general, there are strange events in the balance sheet.

For example, in captains mode, I attacked the Fianns several times in close combat with Battanian Savages with two-handed scary Romphaias, which, as it seemed to me, were ideal for cutting out the entire enemy squad very quickly. However, several times in similar situations, the Fianns fought me back and saved 30% -40% of their squad.

I went ahead and decided to test the Fianns in close combat. In heavy armor and with improved swords, they fight as well as berserkers in close combat, even though there are fewer of them in the squad than the infantry.

PS: I also thought about this: did you pay attention well to limb protection? How many?

Last edited:

I know where you guys are coming from, but from most stuff which you rant here about there seems to be a logical explanation if you look at all the facts.

I do however agree that it's most likely not properly displayed by the game. Or hard to decipher.
I mean, why would you add a perk like that? Headshots are already rewarded, why continuosly make it more op, and once you get the hang of it, its not that hard to headshot.

Its not a rant, its problematic. When a class perk is a direct counter to other perks, it creates un-interesting gameplay. What could I have done better to stop him from taking 70% of my health in a single shot? Heavy inf? Improved armor? Had both.
The issue isnt this spesific perk itself, and I dont mind headshots doing good damage, you should be rewarded for good aim, but the perk system in general.

I think that the role is played by modifiers of movement speed on the damage done more significant than before.

In general, there are strange events in the balance sheet.

For example, in captains mode, I attacked the Fianns several times in close combat with Battanian Savages with two-handed scary Romphaias, which, as it seemed to me, were ideal for cutting out the entire enemy squad very quickly. However, several times in similar situations, the Fianns fought me back and saved 30% -40% of their squad.

I went ahead and decided to test the Fianns in close combat. In heavy armor and with improved swords, they fight as well as berserkers in close combat, even though there are fewer of them in the squad than the infantry.

PS: I also thought about this: did you pay attention well to limb protection? How many?
wdym by limb protection? It's MP... u dont get to decide the composition of your armor.

TW never tested this in their internal testing. If they had tested this they would have not let it go to public. It is outrageous. Besides that playing as aserai peasant against any other faction feels like you are a 1 year old baby with no weapons whilst everyone else on the battlefield is a full-armoured knight with 1 shot weapons. ******* outrageous
Aserai at this stage is by far the worst faction in the game. Every other infantry basically onehits Aserai infantry. I mean, their archers are more suitable as infantry, than the ACTUAL infantry.
Depends on where he hit and the range.

For the others: There are perks which reduce blunt damage. jfyi.
Those perks are absolutely useless tho. If u take either veteran or duelist as inf, any enemy is ****ed, cuz u deal like 75 dmg in one hit to heavy inf.. which is completely retarded.
how about I hit you over the head (with no armor) with a mace irl and we will see how effective you are in battle from there on out. Sad!
How about I hit your over the head (with armor) with a sword irl, and we will see how effective u are in battle from there on out... Have u actually ever seen a ****ing knights armor? A sword for example would just bounce off... maybe breaking a rib or 2... on Bannerlord a sword pulls half ur HP in one hit. Also, I agree with the "maces do alot of dmg to armors", but at least make them slower than swords, as they were heavier than a sword. If we're going for historical accuracy, then it should go both ways.

P.S.: Stop it with the "Sad!" -.- It's cringe.

Last edited:
Aserai at this stage is by far the worst faction in the game. Every other infantry basically onehits Aserai infantry. I mean, their archers are more suitable as infantry, than the ACTUAL infantry.

Those perks are absolutely useless tho. If u take either veteran or duelist as inf, any enemy is ****ed, cuz u deal like 75 dmg in one hit to heavy inf.. which is completely retarded.

How about I hit your over the head (with armor) with a sword irl, and we will see how effective u are in battle from there on out... Have u actually ever seen a ****ing knights armor? A sword for example would just bounce off... maybe breaking a rib or 2... on Bannerlord a sword pulls half ur HP in one hit. Also, I agree with the "maces do alot of dmg to armors", but at least make them slower than swords, as they were heavier than a sword. If we're going for historical accuracy, then it should go both ways.

P.S.: Stop it with the "Sad!" -.- It's cringe.
Totally agreed. Also about the "Sad" part lol, starting to be annoying af

A buff to armor would not be unreasonable. We all want heavy shield inf combat to be the basis
I totally agree. Armor should also have a higher base value than on Warband, because weapons on Warband did less damage. But as of right now, armor doesn't count at all. It's almost like they added the textures, but forgot to assign a value to those textures.

Back
Top Bottom