Armor still missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Afs4201

Recruit
So I’ve had a lot of time to throw into the game this week and I’ve gotta say that I love it. For it being early access I’ve had way too much fun with it and am really happy with where it is despite weird things going on here and there. In regard to the game at its current state, most of the issues that I’ve been running into have been easy to over look.
One thing that I have seen that is pretty annoying however is the fact that the only good armor I can find is imperial chain mail and eastern lamellar. Literally everything else is tier 3 and below. I thought that one of the recent patches was supposed to fix the bug where armor wasn’t showing up but I seem to still be having that issue.
Any info would be appreciated!

Did you start a new game since the patch ? Maybe it could fix it but I've also noticed that empire lamellar/chainmails etc... seems to be the best armors in the game for now

Did you start a new game since the patch ? Maybe it could fix it but I've also noticed that empire lamellar/chainmails etc... seems to be the best armors in the game for now
Yeah I started a battanian just yesterday and the best battanian armor I found was legitimately just a long sleeve woven “cloth”
It’s weird because I actually feel like I was seeing more higher tier armor with my original guy I made on release day

It seems to take some time for high-tier armor to show up. At the start of the game the best stuff in Battanian cities was Woodland Clothing, which is a mid-tier light armor; now my save has gone on for several months and I'm a lord, and I'm finding tier-6 Highland Noble Armor in the same stores.

Might be just time, might be linked to clan tier, and/or might be linked to the prosperity of the town, I'm not sure.

Armor gets added with levels i believe. In early game there is no good armor available, but as you progress it gets much better. In one playthrough I'm wearing that Imperial Legionary armor, in another I went with lighter armor and currently using the Battanian scale mail.

I think it needs to be produced by workshops, that's why more armor/weapons appear when the game goes longer. I was running on 600 days and they city shops were filled with 500+ of low tier weapons (iron pitchforks and the like) and like 30+ of many different high end armors. Too lazy to look right now but I remember seeing somewhere what types of items the workshops produced but I can't remember where at, when I looked though it was a smithy and it said Tools, Weapons 1, Weapons 2, Weapons 3, Weapons 4, Weapons 5, Weapons 6 or something.

Thank you for the info guys! I feel as though it is a little ambiguous. It would be nice to know exactly what's keeping the good stuff out of the stores whether it be progression based or time based. It's just really weird how I can still find the imperial chainmail in most imperial cities 20 minutes into the game (which is tier 5 I think?) but everything else isn't there. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this game develops!

Still haven't seen a single piece of knight armor or memluke armor in any of playthroughs. I have reached clan tier 4 as well, I am filthy rich and can't find anything better than eastern lamellar armor. It is not related to the clan tier, that is misinformation. Towns do produce armor but they need raw materials to do that and things get complicated there. Callum said they are working on a fix that will nort break saved games, I hope we will get it soon because currently it is just ridiculous. You should scale with the game's universe and it's level, not vice versa.

For now I just allow myself to get armor I want through cheat menu and throw away equal amount of money by giving lords or buying unnecessary stuff and discarding them. Pity.

Still haven't seen a single piece of knight armor or memluke armor in any of playthroughs. I have reached clan tier 4 as well, I am filthy rich and can't find anything better than eastern lamellar armor. It is not related to the clan tier, that is misinformation. Towns do produce armor but they need raw materials to do that and things get complicated there. Callum said they are working on a fix that will nort break saved games, I hope we will get it soon because currently it is just ridiculous. You should scale with the game's universe and it's level, not vice versa.

For now I just allow myself to get armor I want through cheat menu and throw away equal amount of money by giving lords or buying unnecessary stuff and discarding them. Pity.
I hear ya man. It is pretty hilarious that to get the best armor in the game without cheats you have to steal it from your spouse haha

I remember seeing somewhere what types of items the workshops produced but I can't remember where at, when I looked though it was a smithy and it said Tools, Weapons 1, Weapons 2, Weapons 3, Weapons 4, Weapons 5, Weapons 6 or something.
I found it guys, if you own a town you can see what the production is by going to "Manage Settlement". If you look in the top left corner there should be 3 icons that represent the workshops, you can hover over them to see their productions. Also I bought every smithy in Calradia and changed them to something else (silversmith, velvet weavery etc.) to monopolize my industries and it worked for the most part, the gains aren't what I expected though for having the only smithy, pottery shop, and woodworking shops in all the land so i'm thinking that the person who is the "Owner of Artisans" in each town has a secret unpurchaseable shop that still produces stuff.

On a sidenote, I think extra weapons and armor are also sold to towns from other lords after a battle is won as a source of their income. This might explain why there was a million pitchforks and the likes in my shops due to the billion looters being killed and their gear sold.

I actually believe the quality of items is linked to your level.
I recently created a new character and I did not want to bother grinding all the skills again so I went a bit overboard and gave myself 300 in some of the skills, just for fun. It leveled me up to lvl 30+ and soon after I started to see tier 6 weapons and armor in the shops. My clan was still tier 1-2.
I played on 1.5.6.

It isn't. Even on my test run where I don't do anything except pass the time (so a level 1 character with Clan Tier 0) there are top-end armors in the shops.
Thanks for letting me know.

Is there actually some formula that manages the appearance of the higher quality weapons and armor? Or is it just progressing with time? ...would be nice to hear from one of the developers

Back
Top Bottom